ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

CoMoChief 06-08-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824692)
You're either trying to stir the pot or you simply aren't paying attention.
Most of the people I've spoken with today who have recently sworn off of the P&L District cannot at all be properly identified as "thugs". Hell, many of them are just as White as you are.

No one, myself included, wants to be subjected to violence.
There are ways to curb such violence though. And these discriminatory measures aren't always the perfect way to achieve that safety. Again, baggy pants don't indicate criminal intent. I've worn baggy pants and I've never been arrested in my entire life. I spent 2 hours in jail, once, for an unpaid traffic ticket and even then that's only because I turned myself in.

I never would've imagined that you were this myopic.
Certainly there are no good people who live on Troost and Prospect.
:rolleyes:

I've lost a lot of respect for you today.

You ****in know what I mean what I meant about Troost and Prospect. JFC. They've even made shows about that area because there's so much crime there. Are there good people there? I'm sure there are. Are there good people that live in East STL? Probably. How about southside Chicago? I'm sure there are.

DaneMcCloud 06-08-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824729)
Then every engineer I've ever learned from is completely and utterly uninformed about what a compressor's function is.

I guess so.

A compressor is generally used to shape the sound of a particular instrument, whether it's voice, guitar, bass, snare drum, kick drum, etc. Whether it's a Fairchild 660, LA2A, 1176, Distressor, Retro 176, and absolutely tons of other types (VCA, ELOP, etc.), they all exhibit different characteristics and have a myriad of uses, none of which is to "protect speakers".

Just slapping a compressor on something to reduce the overall gain and expecting it to "protect speakers" is nonsense, especially considering that there is an "Output Gain" or a "Gain Reduction Makeup" on each and every compressor.

CoMoChief 06-08-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5824740)
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ****ING PEOPLE THINKING THAT ANY YOUNG BLACK MALE WHO DRESSES WITH BAGGY PANTS AND WHITE T`S ARE THUGS..OK BY YOUR ****ING LOGIC I AM NO GOING TO ASSUME THAT ALL OLDER WHIT MEN AND CORRPUT , LIARS AND THEIVES AND WHITE COLLAR THUUGS BECAUSE OF ENRON, THE SAVINGS AND LOAN SCANDELS AND, THE REST OF THE CORRUPT WHITE MALES WHO SUNK ARE ECONONY AND ROBBED PEOPLE OF THEIR LIVE SAVINGS..NOW GOING BY YOUR THEORY DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?.........OH AND BY THE WAY ASS HOLE 2 OF MY LITTLE BROTHERS HAVE ALOT OF TATS DRESS IN BAGGY CLOTHES AND WIFE BEATERS..THEY ARE ALSO IN COLLEGE AND HAVE 3.6 AND A 4.0 GPA AND ARE GOOD KIDS..BUT ALL YOU ASSHOLES SEE ARE THE CLOTHES..THEY ARE TEENAGRES AND YOUNGER PEOPLE..I AM SURE THAT ALL OF YOU DRESSED TOTALY DIFFRENT WHEN YOU WERE 16-25 THEN YOU DID WHEN YOU GOT OLDER..I KNOW I DID...

I dont care what color they are.......there are many whites that dress the same way and the rules apply to them as well.

1/4 inch. thats the distance it would take you to move your pinky finger and turn off the caps lock key.

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5824738)
I think the bad stuff in Westport is way overblown. You only hear that stuff from people who never go there. Westport is a pretty enjoyable time now that a lot of douchebag mcgees hit P+L it is good district to hang out and have drinks with friends.

I think you find trouble in Westport. I think its really easy to know if you are starting a situation you shouldn't be a part of or wind up in a situation you shouldn't be a part of. A lot of trouble that goes through Westport is easily avoided if you are not an idiot.

I go to Westport and agree with you that it is overblown. When I first moved up here I was told to stay away and all that, and i'm betting the guy that told me that has never been there.

Brock 06-08-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

OH AND BY THE WAY ASS HOLE 2 OF MY LITTLE BROTHERS HAVE ALOT OF TATS DRESS IN BAGGY CLOTHES AND WIFE BEATERS..THEY ARE ALSO IN COLLEGE AND HAVE 3.6 AND A 4.0 GPA AND ARE GOOD KIDS..BUT ALL YOU ASSHOLES SEE ARE THE CLOTHES.

Yeah, no shit, what you look like matters. This is news to you?

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5824744)
You ****in know what I mean what I meant about Troost and Prospect. JFC. They've even made shows about that area because there's so much crime there. Are there good people there? I'm sure there are. Are there good people that live in East STL? Probably. How about southside Chicago? I'm sure there are.

Everyone who lives in JoCo and Lees Summit are good people. :)

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ****ING PEOPLE THINKING THAT ANY YOUNG BLACK MALE WHO DRESSES WITH BAGGY PANTS AND WHITE T`S ARE THUGS..OK BY YOUR ****ING LOGIC I AM NO GOING TO ASSUME THAT ALL OLDER WHIT MEN AND CORRPUT , LIARS AND THEIVES AND WHITE COLLAR THUUGS BECAUSE OF ENRON, THE SAVINGS AND LOAN SCANDELS AND, THE REST OF THE CORRUPT WHITE MALES WHO SUNK ARE ECONONY AND ROBBED PEOPLE OF THEIR LIVE SAVINGS..NOW GOING BY YOUR THEORY DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?.........OH AND BY THE WAY ASS HOLE 2 OF MY LITTLE BROTHERS HAVE ALOT OF TATS DRESS IN BAGGY CLOTHES AND WIFE BEATERS..THEY ARE ALSO IN COLLEGE AND HAVE 3.6 AND A 4.0 GPA AND ARE GOOD KIDS..BUT ALL YOU ASSHOLES SEE ARE THE CLOTHES..THEY ARE TEENAGRES AND YOUNGER PEOPLE..I AM SURE THAT ALL OF YOU DRESSED TOTALY DIFFRENT WHEN YOU WERE 16-25 THEN YOU DID WHEN YOU GOT OLDER..I KNOW I DID...

We might not all be that, but we sure do try. It's every young white males dream to make money ripping others off! :)

Micjones 06-08-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 5824743)
I dont care what color you are.

If you have baggy ill fitting pants, you look like an idiot.
If you wear ....and this one realllllllllllly pisses me off............a sweater over a shirt and the shirts not tuckled in....Top of the dumbass list for me.
Cockeyed caps make people who wear cockeyed caps look cockeyed.
And hair that looks like it has never seen a comb...go get a comb.

I have hired a lot of people. I can assure you if a guy walks in , grad number one in his calss and took grad courses as a fun thing and speaks 20 languages and looks like a fool, he is out. Gone. History.

One of the great advantages of being the guy hiring is you dont have to hire people who start out as a dumbass then have to deal with firing them. If you pick wrong and the guys a dumbass, its sad to have to fire the guy but hey, its business.

If you struggle with spelling words correctly and using proper punctuation...
Me thinks you should be a little less liberal with the word "dumbass".

Dottefan 06-08-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5824755)
Yeah, no shit, what you look like matters. This is news to you?

NO STUPID..MY POINT IS THEY ARE YOUNG AND THAT THEY WILL EVENTUALY DRESS A LITTLE MORE GROWN UP .....WHEN THEY GET OLDER, JUST LIKE THE WHITE GUYS WHO HAD RIPPED JEANS LONG HAIR AND A MAIDEN T SHIRT.... DUMB ASS AND SO WHAT IF THEY DRESS THAT WAY, YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOUR OWN PRE CONCIEVED NOTIONS OF WHAT THUGS ARE..THATS YOUR PROBLEM ,NOT MY BROTHERS PROBLEM..

Micjones 06-08-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5824744)

No, I don't know what you mean.
I know your fears and misconceptions are robbing you of what credibility you had left in this forum though.

MOhillbilly 06-08-2009 10:49 AM

my cousin used to dress in baggy pants and bling and all that bullshit. He couldnt figure out why the cops were always giving him a hardtime. idiot.

MOhillbilly 06-08-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

OH AND BY THE WAY ASS HOLE 2 OF MY LITTLE BROTHERS HAVE ALOT OF TATS DRESS IN BAGGY CLOTHES AND WIFE BEATERS..THEY ARE ALSO IN COLLEGE AND HAVE 3.6 AND A 4.0 GPA AND ARE GOOD KIDS..BUT ALL YOU ASSHOLES SEE ARE THE CLOTHES..THEY ARE TEENAGRES AND YOUNGER PEOPLE....

if they are so smart why are you so ****ing dumb?

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Perhaps this will assist you in understanding the world they will soon enter...

Two guys interview for one job. One has "tats", the other does not. They have identical grades and majors, the tat guy has funny looking clothes. The other guy looks like he knows how to tie his shoes and knows what pressed shirt/light starch/hangers means.

Tat boy does not get the job. Post interview, the recruiter in his debrief by the representative of the deans office asks what about this guy and hands over tat boys resume. Interviewer says...seems like a good kid but the issue of judgement and how would the customer accept him with his tats is an issue. And after 4 years of college, he ought to know how to dress. But hes a good kis, hope he gets a job.

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5824767)
NO STUPID..MY POINT IS THEY ARE YOUNG AND THAT THEY WILL EVENTUALY DRESS A LITTLE MORE GROWN UP .....WHEN THEY GET OLDER, JUST LIKE THE WHITE GUYS WHO HAD RIPPED JEANS LONG HAIR AND A MAIDEN T SHIRT.... DUMB ASS AND SO WHAT IF THEY DRESS THAT WAY, YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOUR OWN PRE CONCIEVED NOTIONS OF WHAT THUGS ARE..THATS YOUR PROBLEM ,NOT MY BROTHERS PROBLEM..

Everyone should know that the way you dress is going to effect the way you are treated. Did you not catch that episode of Fresh Prince?

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824762)
If you struggle with spelling words correctly and using proper punctuation...
Me thinks you should be a little less liberal with the word "dumbass".

I'll accept that feedback, thank you.

Now, did you get the point?