ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cowboys "covet" free agent CB Brandon Carr (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256518)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-26-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8400033)
I believe that Flowers has reached his ceiling, while Carr is still ascending.

When it's all said and done, with good coaching Carr will be the better cover corner, and was for the last half of last year.

You make sooo many reasonable comments its ridiculous. Seriously.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-26-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8400089)
How much money do you want tied up in the secondary? Nobody does that.

Who ****ing cares ! We are better off WITH Carr than without.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8400094)

You don't pay a number 2 corner 12m a year sorry you just don't.

Brock 02-26-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8400094)

Not if it keeps you from adding talent at more important positions.

BigMeatballDave 02-26-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8400079)
That is the only big difference in my opinion. Over the length of the contract Routt signed, not a big deal.

We simply can't have 2 high paid CB's and a top tier Safety over a very large stretch of time.

We still have Albert to pay as well as a need for several more OL and a NT.

Oh yea, and a stud QB worth paying some $ to.

No shit. Read my other posts. The point of my post you quoted was Carr is 4 yrs younger and still improving. Routt won't get any better.

Marcellus 02-26-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8400105)
No shit. Read my other posts. The point of my post you quoted was Carr is 4 yrs younger and still improving. Routt won't get any better.

I think Carr actually took a step backwards last year. He was better in 2010.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8400105)

Routt with crennel and Emmitt Thomas will get better.

BossChief 02-26-2012 02:41 PM

1) Carr was still improving as a #2 corner. Those days are over, time to face the big boys.

2) if somebody else comes in here and says something like "Carr isn't a #2 corner, teams just put their best receiver on flowers because he is an easier matchup" my head might just explode. The two were targeted equally even though Flowers faced the top guy week in and week out.

3) paying 12 million per year, or even 11 is not smart business. Especially for a team that doesn't have a franchise quarterback.

4) Carrs play improved a lot once Romeo started dialing up some blitzes and applying more pressure. The two are connected and further shows that a good pass rush is far more important that having overspent in the secondary. Just ask the eagles.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8400109)
I think Carr actually took a step backwards last year. He was better in 2010.

Wrong.

milkman 02-26-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8400116)
1) Carr was still improving as a #2 corner. Those days are over, time to face the big boys.

2) if somebody else comes in here and says something like "Carr isn't a #2 corner, teams just put their best receiver on flowers because he is an easier matchup" my head might just explode. The two were targeted equally even though Flowers faced the top guy week in and week out.

3) paying 12 million per year, or even 11 is not smart business. Especially for a team that doesn't have a franchise quarterback.

4) Carrs play improved a lot once Romeo started dialing up some blitzes and applying more pressure. The two are connected and further shows that a good pass rush is far more important that having overspent in the secondary. Just ask the eagles.

You may not believe #2, but isn't us that said that, it was Ryan Fitzpatrick that said that when discussing how the Bills planned to attack the Cheifs secondary.

That's a plan devised by Chan Gailey, and Gailey is one of the best offensive minds in football.

It seems to me that Flowers had one of his worst games of the season against the Bills.

Carr is gone, I've accepted that.
And Routt is not nearly the dropoff that others believe.

But I'm not going to sit here and downplay how good Carr is, or was, simply because he's not likely going to be a Chief any longer any more than I was going to overvalue what Tony Gonzales was simply because he was a Chief.

Marcellus 02-26-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8400130)
Wrong.

I know stats can be decieving etc and I couldnt find the end of season numbers for 2011 but I did find through wk 13.

Anyway these numbers back up what I thought watching this season.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ycupp/2010.png

2011 through Wk 13 he didn't even crack the top 12. Notice who ranks higher both seasons BTW. His replacement.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ycupp/2011.png

hometeam 02-26-2012 03:14 PM

This does not surprise me. Cowboys wont be the only team in the bidding war.

</post> 02-26-2012 03:14 PM

Just overpay for Bowe. It makes more sense in terms of value to overpay our WR then tag and trade Carr, than it does to franchise Bowe and let Carr walk.

beach tribe 02-26-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8400033)
I believe that Flowers has reached his ceiling, while Carr is still ascending.

When it's all said and done, with good coaching Carr will be the better cover corner, and was for the last half of last year.

Before Flowers got hurt, he was 2nd only to Revis as a CB in this league, and flowers is head, and shoulders ahead of Carr in run support. I'd put anything on flowers having the better season next year.
I don't see him topped out at all. Carr was better for the last half of last season, but he still was ranked lower in Burn rate.
Losing Carr sucks, but we got the better corner for less money.

philfree 02-26-2012 03:22 PM

Wonder what JJ would give in the way of draft picks for Carr?