ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Mcdonalds Mcrib is back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177320)

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 11:47 PM

Mcdonalds Mcrib is back

december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.

banyon 12-23-2007 11:48 PM

again?

Hammock Parties 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Does anyone even realize what the ****ing McRib is? It's basically a processed soy patty dunked in barbecue sauce, unless I'm mistaken.

Demonpenz 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Does anyone even realize what the ****ing McRib is? It's basically a processed soy patty dunked in barbecue sauce, unless I'm mistaken.

I know exactly what it is... Delicious

Rain Man 12-23-2007 11:49 PM

Just because it says it's a rib doesn't mean it's really a rib.

Phobia 12-23-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

You're mistaken. It's processed pork. Processed, but pork nonetheless.

Buzz 12-23-2007 11:55 PM

Shuddup and make me a sammich bitch? :shrug:

Bump 12-24-2007 12:06 AM

mmm, nothing like a mcrib on a hard bun from sitting in the warmer too long and add some stale fry's that have been sittin' in the fry bin for 20 minutes to go with that and you got yoself a great meal!

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
mmm, nothing like a mcrib on a hard bun from sitting in the warmer too long and add some stale fry's that have been sittin' in the fry bin for 20 minutes to go with that and you got yoself a great meal!

It's not an outstanding sandwich by any stretch but it's better than any of the other crap they serve there.

doomy3 12-24-2007 12:10 AM

I hate the McRib. It's an embarrasment to BBQ.

chiefbowe82 12-24-2007 12:10 AM

I love when I get their cheeseburgers and bite into small bones.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3
I hate the McRib. It's an embarrasment to BBQ.

That's because you think it's BBQ. It's not. It's a crappy McDonalds sandwich.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-24-2007 12:13 AM

why the **** does this sandwich keep going away and coming back? they've had like three "farewell tours" for the damn thing. why does a sandwich need a farewell tour in the first place, especially if it's going to come back?

WTF, this sandwich pisses me off.

Phobia 12-24-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman
why the **** does this sandwich keep going away and coming back? they've had like three "farewell tours" for the damn thing. why does a sandwich need a farewell tour in the first place, especially if it's going to come back?

WTF, this sandwich pisses me off.

Because McDonalds buys pork surplus at pennies on the dollar. I'm guessing their farewell tour is designed to put pressure on big pork to extend their contract.

JohninGpt 12-24-2007 12:16 AM

This thread makes me want a Baconator.