ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Ebolapox 10-31-2012 10:45 AM

just looked it up, maybe I'm slow to the party--disney DID acquire Lucasfilms' IP... freaking STEAL right there.

Chiefspants 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9068170)
Okay, but since you brought up the violence of the originals, I thought I'd bring up the violence of the prequels.

I don' think that GoChiefs is wound up at all.

Is everything an argument to you? Or are you just the old man troll that everyone seems to underestimate?

Chiefspants 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9068380)
Is everything an argument to you? Or are you just the old man troll that everyone seems to underestimate?

What makes you say that?

/Donger

Strongside 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

CP has gone full nerd.

Frazod 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068376)
Avatar completely blew George away and he began thinking about more Star Wars movies as soon as he saw it. The problem was that he didn't have the energy to do it.

Once he saw the incredible success of Marvel, he decided to align with Disney. He didn't want his legacy to be a movie from 1977 and with this sale, his I.P. will live forever.

It's all about the ego with these guys.

As long as Lucas and his ego are no longer involved in the creative process, I don't care what he does.

As far as his legacy goes, if he was really concerned about it, he shouldn't have shit all over it with Episodes I-III and the last Indiana Jones disaster (which I was smart enough to never watch).

Again, **** you, George.

stevieray 10-31-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9068384)
CP has gone full TMZ.

this.

Strongside 10-31-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068385)
As long as Lucas and his ego are no longer involved in the creative process, I don't care what he does.

As far as his legacy goes, if he was really concerned about it, he shouldn't have shit all over it with Episodes I-III and the last Indiana Jones disaster (which I was smart enough to never watch).

Again, **** you, George.

Agreed. He ruined any legacy that he had with those debacles.

Donger 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9068380)

Yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9066089)
This might be a good thing if it leads to MOAR STAR WARS. :clap:

I'm sure he still has ultimate creative say on anything SW.

Bowser 10-31-2012 10:55 AM

Early in the thread, it was stated (speculated?) that future Star Wars movies would NOT be based on any novels, then the talk focused on the sequels being about the Jedi Academy?

Seriously - if they want to do movies based on novels, do the Thrawn stories. Dane said it would take a great screenwriter, so go offer that person a check to do it. If done properly, the Thrawn series would make ridiculous amounts of money.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9068399)
Early in the thread, it was stated (speculated?) that future Star Wars movies would NOT be based on any novels, then the talk focused on the sequels being about the Jedi Academy?

Seriously - if they want to do movies based on novels, do the Thrawn stories. Dane said it would take a great screenwriter, so go offer that person a check to do it. If done properly, the Thrawn series would make ridiculous amounts of money.

Nope, I say Legacy era with the Solo kids and the Vong.

The Vong are badass and immune to the Force.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068385)

Again, **** you, George.

The worst part is that I don't think he even knew that he was shitting on beloved I.P.

Like I said earlier, the Midichlorians ruined the Star Wars Universe for me. Jar Jar sucked, Ani was a whiny bitch, the dialogue in each prequel was laughable and stiff.

But once he made it known that you had to be born with a certain bloodline to use The Force, ALL the fun was taken away. Hopefully, a smart writer will quickly negate that notion in the onslaught of sequels, TV shows, etc.

Donger 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068409)
The worst part is that I don't think he even knew that he was shitting on beloved I.P.

Like I said earlier, the Midichlorians ruined the Star Wars Universe for me. Jar Jar sucked, Ani was a whiny bitch, the dialogue in each prequel was laughable and stiff.

But once he made it known that you had to be born with a certain bloodline to use The Force, ALL the fun was taken away. Hopefully, a smart writer will quickly negate that notion in the onslaught of sequels, TV shows, etc.

Was the dialogue really any better in the originals? I remember watching Harrison Ford giving an interview about how bad the dialogue was in the first ones.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068409)

Hayden sucked. Poor casting. Not even Natalie could save that poor hack.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9068399)

The biggest problem with doing a Thrawn series today is that first off, the real age of Hamill, Fisher and Ford don't line up with the books. Plus, I seriously doubt that Ford would even consider it.

I'm guessing they'll do the Thrawn trilogy and the follow up Dualities at some point but I'll bet it'll be when the original actors have absolutely no chance of reprising their role, making it a reboot of sorts.