ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Countdown to 'Hamas' Jenkins return! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268321)

Bowser 01-01-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264273)
Well, I'm trying to have a discussion about it.

He's the one that implied I was way off base with the above "rage" quote, yet when pressed, can't argue any of my points.

You sound like a fan that has been absolutely beat down, and is pretty unhappy with the direction this team *may* be headed.

I'm in no way saying you're wrong to feel this way. It's just a sad sign of what this team has become when its long time knowledgable fans reach this point.

Your concerns are legit. The sad part is that these concerns were the first thing to spring to your mind when Pioli wasn't immediately shown the door. Why? Becasue we've all come to expect the Cheifs to not do the right thing. That is the tradgedy of being a Chiefs fan in 2013. We expect the worst to happen. Hell, we have the first pick in the draft, and there isn't a one of us that hasn't had the thought that they are completely going to screw the pooch with the pick. It's frustrating.

On a personal note, 2010 did me in with heavy emotional attachment to the Chiefs. 2010 was a complete and total mirage, and I bought in completely. After the shit years of Herm I almost mailed it in, then Pioli and Haley show up, win a division, and it looked like the Chiefs had hope. But even before the Ravens playoff game, the Raiders absolutely exposed us. I gave up letting myself be tied to this team after that playoff game.

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9264288)
They're legit points. But it's kind of like saying "oh no, it risky" in the same way drafting a franchise QB is.

No, it's not at all.

Drafting a franchise QB is damn near necessary to win a Championship.

Putting all your eggs in Bill Cowher's (or Billick, Gruden, etc) basket and hoping he says yes is far from necessary.

Ultra Peanut 01-01-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9264300)
Not posting on here is a gift you can give to yourself.

Check it out: If the snow outside this house doesn't melt in the next five minutes, I won't post on here for TWENTY YEARS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PEACE OUT

http://i.minus.com/iNnuuHvPwkeRU.gif

Bowser 01-01-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9264300)
Not posting on here is a gift you can give to yourself.

Check it out: If the snow outside this house doesn't melt in the next five minutes, I won't post on here for TWENTY YEARS

*imagining Ultra Peanut furiously melting snow with hair dryer this very second*

Ultra Peanut 01-01-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9264323)
*imagining Ultra Peanut furiously melting snow with hair dryer this very second*

More like spreading around packing peanuts to cover any gaps the snow isn't covering.

... wait ****. I guess I'll keep posting but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9264312)
You sound like a fan that has been absolutely beat down, and is pretty unhappy with the direction this team *may* be headed.

I'm in no way saying you're wrong to feel this way. It's just a sad sign of what this team has become when its long time knowledgable fans reach this point.

Your concerns are legit. The sad part is that these concerns were the first thing to spring to your mind when Pioli wasn't immediately shown the door. Why? Becasue we've all come to expect the Cheifs to not do the right thing. That is the tradgedy of being a Chiefs fan in 2013. We expect the worst to happen. Hell, we have the first pick in the draft, and there isn't a one of us that hasn't had the thought that they are completely going to screw the pooch with the pick. It's frustrating.

On a personal note, 2010 did me in with heavy emotional attachment to the Chiefs. 2010 was a complete and total mirage, and I bought in completely. After the shit years of Herm I almost mailed it in, then Pioli and Haley show up, win a division, and it looked like the Chiefs had hope. But even before the Ravens playoff game, the Raiders absolutely exposed us. I gave up letting myself be tied to this team after that playoff game.

I'm not expecting anything specific to happen. But I think my post shows that if you use a little common sense, there are really only two or three things that could happen.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264332)
there are really only two or three things that could happen.

Like throwing the football?

RISKY

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9264338)
Like throwing the football?

RISKY

:spock:

htismaqe 01-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264314)
No, it's not at all.

Drafting a franchise QB is damn near necessary to win a Championship.

Putting all your eggs in Bill Cowher's (or Billick, Gruden, etc) basket and hoping he says yes is far from necessary.

What if he's already said yes and they're just checking off the Rooney rule and working on paperwork?

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9264353)
What if he's already said yes and they're just checking off the Rooney rule and working on paperwork?

As Deez and I mentioned earlier, that pretty much has to be the hope at this point.

Because the alternative isn't good.

Setsuna 01-01-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9264329)
More like spreading around packing peanuts to cover any gaps the snow isn't covering.

... wait ****. I guess I'll keep posting but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

Welcher...:harumph:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-01-2013 01:22 PM

Will he come back as Matrix? Maybe he'll return as heel.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9264419)
Will he come back as Matrix? Maybe he'll return as heel.

Hamas the Gray, that was what they used to call me.

I am Hamas the White.

http://randomgeekings.files.wordpres..._the_white.jpg

ILChief 01-01-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9264063)
I'd say it's about time for a Clayton Wendler heel turn anyways.

Once Pioli is fired, his face work is done

Ultra Peanut 01-01-2013 03:24 PM

C'mon you philistines, everyone should recognize that he's always been a tweener. Sometimes he fights the faces, sometimes he fights the heels.

Hamas, on the other hand, is the classic cool heel and I'm buying his shirt the minute he re-debuts (probably in a run-in to punt a true fan's head).

4 4 4 4 LYFE