ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Q&A with TODD HALEY - 9/11 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213830)

Tribal Warfare 09-11-2009 01:40 PM

Q&A with TODD HALEY - 9/11

Q&A with TODD HALEY - 9/11
Sep 11, 2009, 2:02:21 PM

<object width="249" height="290" id="delve_player875591o" classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://assets.delvenetworks.com/player/loader.swf"/><param name="wmode" value="window"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="flashvars" value="playerForm=00000000000000000000000000000004&amp;ldr=ldr&amp;channelId=3ae0242875334dcf955d884 fb9bbd0b8"/><embed src="http://assets.delvenetworks.com/player/loader.swf" name="delve_player875591e" wmode="window" width="249" height="290" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="playerForm=00000000000000000000000000000004&amp;ldr=ldr&amp;channelId=3ae0242875334dcf955 d884fb9bbd0b8"></embed></object>

TODD HALEY: “Afternoon everybody – a real Friday practice today. It was nice and hot out there but I think we got some good work today.

“On the quarterback as I’ve said the last couple of days, it’s going to continue to go right down to the wire with Matt. He participated today but again I think that’s going to be a decision that goes right down to the wire.”

Q: Will he be listed as questionable?

HALEY: “Yes.”

Q: If Matt can’t start you have not decided yet…?

HALEY: “Still not decided. All those (quarterbacks) got reps this week, really, because there are a lot of different scenarios that could go on.”

Q: Who are you more comfortable with as the second quarterback? One is more of a change-up guy, the other more traditional.

HALEY: “Comfortable with whoever can bring home the victory, that’s the guy I am most comfortable with.”

Q: Think this might be causing some problems for Baltimore trying to figure out who the QB is?

HALEY: “I don’t know. You’d have to ask them. But I think this first game is difficult regardless of the circumstances. You add different variables in – how much you pay attention to those is probably up to each team. It’s a hard week regardless and we’ve got enough to worry about on our end really without worrying about how they’re feeling.”

Q: How has Larry Johnson looked this week? The offensive line has been in flux and a running back can only be as good as his line sometimes.

HALEY: “I thought the line came together in the last game while they were in there together. I think the more time they’re together the better. I think that’s a group that’s worked real hard and I think that’s a group that’s going to pride itself on being a physical group when the game’s over. Larry matches that same mentality. He’s a physical back that needs carries. I think he’s a back that gets stronger as the game goes on. So, I think you have to use him appropriately.”

Q: Are you comfortable with your wide receiver core going into this game?

HALEY: “I think that’s another group that was shakier but, through hard work, they’ve kind of come together a bit and jelled. Guys are starting now to get it, which is what we want everybody to do: it’s to understand what we want. I think we’re starting to see that from that group also. Again, Sunday will be a great challenge for the entire team, special teams included because of all the work that we’ve put in will be put to the test against a very good team.”

Q: Are you surprised on the progress Matt has made over the past couple of weeks?

HALEY: “I think I spoke on this earlier. When you get a player who has a great desire to be in the lineup, it’s sometimes a case of mind over matter. When you get a player that has that mentality and who has a pretty high pain threshold, that’s usually a pretty good combination for a coach because then you’ve got a guy who you’re going to have a hard time keeping him out of the lineup. At least that’s been my experience with those types of guys. They find their way back faster than the average guy.”

Q: Couple of weeks ago you said you wanted to see more attitude from Tank Tyler. Have you seen that? He had nine tackles last week against the Rams.

HALEY: “Started to show progress. Again, this week will be the true test. This is the real game, regular season game one. We’ll have to see where Tank is at after this Baltimore game and we’ll know a lot more at that time. The St. Louis game was encouraging but again, that was 15 days or so ago. Sunday is what counts.”

Q: Other than quarterback are you pretty certain who your starting lineup will be for Sunday?

HALEY: “Getting close but I don’t want to talk about specifics without having our afternoon staff meeting.”

MMXcalibur 09-11-2009 01:46 PM

Lots of words that tell me absolutely nothing.

ElGringo 09-11-2009 01:49 PM

I think I know the response to any question asked of Haley...."We'll see on Sunday"

MikeMaslowski 09-11-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 6057146)
Lots of words that tell me absolutely nothing.

I absolutely love this though. He is like a chick you wanna fug playing coy. He knows what he is doing and it is a welcome change as far as I'm concerned. Keep me in the dark as long as we win. I'm officially on the TH band wagon.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2009 01:51 PM

I love how the media thinks the fact that Tank Tyler had nine tackles against the second and third-teams of the St. Louis Rams is such a positive sign.

penguinz 09-11-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6057125)
The St. Louis game was encouraging but again, that was 15 days or so ago. Sunday is what counts.”

Apparently Haley has a totally different calendar than most.

MikeMaslowski 09-11-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6057165)
I love how the media thinks the fact that Tank Tyler had nine tackles against the second and third-teams of the St. Louis Rams is such a positive sign.

Huh? The Rams are Awesome! With a name like Tank he's got to be good. :shake:

ModSocks 09-11-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 6057172)
Apparently Haley has a totally different calendar than most.

Yeah, and Sunday is the first PreSeason game.

raybec 4 09-11-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6057183)
Huh? The Rams are Awesome! With a name like Tank he's got to be good. :shake:

That only applies to jelly or jam.

jaa1025 09-11-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6057165)

The fact that he's a NT getting that many of tackles is phenomenal. That's probowl MLB type tackle numbers. 9 tackles in the NFL--starter, backup, dudes off the street. It's a big time number

Micjones 09-11-2009 02:06 PM

He'll send a bad message if after three days of practice Cassel doesn't play.

Just Passin' By 09-11-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 6057214)
He'll send a bad message if after three days of practice Cassel doesn't play.

The reporters have pointed out Cassel's struggles. If Cassel doesn't play, so be it. He'll be ready for week 2 if not week 1.

Micjones 09-11-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6057220)
The reporters have pointed out Cassel's struggles. If Cassel doesn't play, so be it. He'll be ready for week 2 if not week 1.

Not sure how this changes my point.

You simply don't send an entire team through what is likely their most difficult camp then sit your starting QB because he's having a little trouble with his knee. If he's 80% he needs to play.

He's been practicing all week.
If they didn't want him to play Week 1...
He shouldn't have been out there with the 1's on the practice field.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 6057211)
The fact that he's a NT getting that many of tackles is phenomenal. That's probowl MLB type tackle numbers. 9 tackles in the NFL--starter, backup, dudes off the street. It's a big time number

I'd be more impressed if he could hold the point of attack.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-11-2009 02:19 PM

God, just end this farce already.