ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Darnell Dockett tweeting while pulled over by cops (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246559)

lostcause 06-27-2011 10:49 PM

Darnell Dockett tweeting while pulled over by cops

Good for Darnell.

Darnell Dockett tweeting during pullover

-King- 06-27-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Dockett gets pulled by cops, live tweets it all

Posted on: June 27, 2011 2:09 pm
Edited on: June 27, 2011 2:59 pm

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Da..._Pull_Over.jpgPosted by Will Brinson

Donovan McNabb recently said that athletes should stay off of Twitter. There's some logic to his thought process (see: the Rashard Mendenhall-9/11 public relations nightmare that recently unfolded) but, ultimately, Twitter is fantastic because it allows athletes to interact with fans.

Or, if you prefer, live-tweet what happens when they're pulled over by the cops and refuse to allow the men in blue to search their vehicle, as the case was with Darnell Dockett (who made our Top 10 must-follow NFL Twitter accounts last year) on Monday afternoon.

"I don't know why the police always messing w/me I'm never gonna let them search my car with out a search warrant!" Dockett exclaimed about 1:00 PM EST on Twitter. "No matter what!"

He then went on a rant while -- apparently -- pulled over on the side of the road, waiting for the cops to return with a search warrant. To the expletive-washed blockquote machine!
Police sitting here waiting on back up cuz I told them YOU NOT SEARCHING MY CAR! PERIOD! & now I'm sitting here! Owell I aint got [expletive] 2 do!"

There R 3police cars and they are talking! I don't see A search warrant they won't see inside this escalade! I got all day hope they don't!

Police said "do you mind if we look around in your Vehicle?" I said I sure DO! He said "I'm gonna call back up" I said u wanna use my phone?

I think they (POLICE) going to get a search warrant cuz they sitting here looking like fools waiting on something!

These COPS really think I'm stupid they playing good cop bad cop! BOY STOOOOP! I'm not falling for that! NO SIR YOU WILL NOT LOOK IN MY CAR!

This cop just ask me how tall R u & where R U from! I'm bout to ask him can I go across the street to POPEYS while we sitting here waiting!

I been sitting here for a HOUR 1cop by the driver window, 2talking at the car! And the 1by the window being friendly! Like wtf?

I asked the cop why he pulled me over he said I was speeding I said [CAPITALIZED BOVINE EXPLETIVE]! But give me the ticket that's when he asked to search my car!

So you gonna lie and say I'm speeding then you wanna search my car! Get the [expletive] ouutta here! Better go get a warrant *turns up radio*

OK so now I think they letting me Go cop just brought my DL's and registration! Yeah I'm bout to be out this MOFO!
So, yeah, this is still playing out in "real time" on the Internet.

And it's probably going to end awesomely one way or another, either with Dockett getting in some kind of trouble and tweeting all the way to jail, or with Dockett posting the officers' badge numbers on Twitter.

Regardless, it's pretty clear that McNabb was wrong about the power of social media.

For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2011 11:21 PM

That was kinda funny.

Why make things difficult? Must have had something to hide.

listopencil 06-27-2011 11:23 PM

That's great. Funny stuff, too.

duncan_idaho 06-27-2011 11:23 PM

Pigs. Gotta hate 'em.

|Zach| 06-27-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 7719243)
That was kinda funny.

Sounds like they had no good reason.

Valiant 06-27-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

That was kinda funny.

Uhh, why let them illegally search you without a valid reason?

listopencil 06-27-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

That was kinda funny.

Sometimes black guys get sick and tired of being pulled over and hassled just because they're black.

Gonzo 06-27-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 7719248)
Pigs. Gotta hate 'em.

Until you need them to save your life or to keep the 300 pound man across the street from beating his 100 pound wife, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7719252)
Uhh, why let them illegally search you without a valid reason?

I agree, but if you have nothing to hide let them have a look and move on.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7719253)
Sometimes black guys get sick and tired of being pulled over and hassled just because they're black.

No shit? Thanks for the Civics lesson :)

listopencil 06-27-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 7719255)

I think he was screwing with them, because he felt like they were screwing with him.

Just Passin' By 06-27-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Unless it's a situation where a warrantless search can legally be done (Terry Stop, etc...), never consent to a search without a warrant.

Also, don't talk any more than you absolutely have to.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wXkI4t7nuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil 06-27-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 7719257)
No shit? Thanks for the Civics lesson :)

You're welcome. You obviously needed it. Refusing to allow a search doesn't prove guilt as you implied.

pr_capone 06-27-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

That was kinda funny.

Quote:

Exactly. The only people who exercise their rights are people who are guilty of one thing or another.