ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Wow...that's all I can say (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269900)

Holladay 02-11-2013 03:54 AM

Wow...that's all I can say

Two weird things in less then a week.

#1 this is for Zepsinger.

I'ts 3:08 am.

Now at work (office). Have a wife and kids and live in the middle of nowhere. So, I'd had a few beers...planted 20 tree's today and decided to sleep at the office tonight/this morning. Again, live in nowhere. 2 lane road for 11 miles and one stop sign between home and the office. Thus, if you see no headlights...you go fast. Whelp, the only car a saw, yup cop. He said I was doing 91. Well I prolly was, as soon as I saw the lights I slowed down. Guess those radar thingies can pick up from a LONG way (+2 miles). Forgot about the beers I'd had earlier and started thinking, wow I could REALLY be screwed. I wasn't drunk but if you drink too much cough med = over the limit.

So as a logical person would do is pray.

Who da thunk....doing 91 and prolly a bit over the limit. Cop lets me go. He told me to slow down, not even a written warning. Verse 91mph and possible .084 then jail time and whacking my insurance et al.

Only thing that I can think of is it's a small town, no one was on the road except for me and the cop, he didnt want to waste his time, I've got a clean driving record or the BIG guy upstairs was helping me???

I'm still shaking.

#2 Had a MAJOR exam last friday night. The final was due(online)at 11:59 est. Long story short, have a wife/kids/job/house/horses etc, there is 11 chpts that I had a month to do. Each chtp test takes 1 hour. The final takes 4 hours. I had done only up to 4 at 1:00 pm friday. I'm old and didnt wanna take this course in the first place, because I thought you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Thus doughted my learning compacity. Well with the aid of Monster/Red Bull/praying... I blasted through 5,6,7(daughter,16, calls and she has a flat tire. I told her I showed her how to fix a flat 2 months ago, she of course didnt listen: friend helped thankfully) 8,9,10,and 11 chpts. Then I looked at the clock, whew, I've got 2 hours to do the 4 hour final. CRAP...it was 10:00pm CT. Not EST. Thus only ONE hour. CRAP!

Blasted thru and with 30 sec left, answered the last question.

I passed.(like my wife told me I would, she was over in Germany with my son).

How the did that happen? A months worth of material done in 11 hours? I'll tell you what, buy stock in monster/red bull. Wish I had that stuff in college.

Don't know why I'm saying all this...don't post much on CP. Just funny, 2 times this week that goofy stuff happened (the cop part 1 hour ago).

Guess it comes down to Monster(blue)/red bull, I'm smarter then I thought (doughtful), the big guy upstairs or lucky.

Just thought it was weird...

Carry on, nothing to see here..

Buehler445 02-11-2013 04:06 AM

Glad things are working out for you. I don't know if I have had a bad week or good one. It seems like I'm making progress on a few fronts but it seems like it is 100x harder than it should be. Plus I'm so damn stressed out I'm reading your thread instead of sleeping at 4 am.