ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

tooge 01-21-2013 12:52 PM

Hey, the majority of people in the NFL, Kansas City, the pundits, etc, all thought Clark hit a home run with that one. Everyone makes mistakes. It'd be like my patients questioning the dental materials I use and calling me a dumbass if I don't use some brand they like. Or calling your mechanic a dipshit because they use a brand of lubricant you aren't familiar with. Let the experts be the experts. If it blows up in their face, then be critical of them for it (ala Pioli).

htismaqe 01-21-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9339088)
Doesn't quite translate because this is a fallacious appeal to authority. Under the same pretense, we never should have questioned the "Executive of the Decade."

Opinions backed by logic and reason are one of the key drivers of this site and, unquestionably, helped depose the previous band of dipshits at 1 Arrowhead.

This.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9339114)
Hey, the majority of people in the NFL, Kansas City, the pundits, etc, all thought Clark hit a home run with that one. Everyone makes mistakes. It'd be like my patients questioning the dental materials I use and calling me a dumbass if I don't use some brand they like. Or calling your mechanic a dipshit because they use a brand of lubricant you aren't familiar with. Let the experts be the experts. If it blows up in their face, then be critical of them for it (ala *****).

Highly trained and educated professional who has performed thousands of delicate procedures and made thousands of hard decisions involving the health and well-being of thousands of people with over a 99% success rate

Equals

Guy who works for a sports franchise, whose job does not require the professional and tense fortitude built upon years of highly focused training, whose decisions don't affect the health and well-being of thousands of people, and whose decisions on player personnel have a success rate at or around 30%

And I thought doctors were supposed to be smart. Remind me never to go to you even if you're the last dentist on earth.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 01:12 PM

In other words, if you performed root canals at the same success rate that the BEST talent evaluators in the league hit on draft picks, the ADA would string you up by your testicles and have you publicly flogged.

Jimmya 01-21-2013 01:16 PM

I'm 100% with you Tooge, and I weren't in Texas you would be my dentist

RealSNR 01-21-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 9339148)
I'm 100% with you Tooge, and I weren't in Texas you would be my dentist

Go fist a cow

Saccopoo 01-21-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9339114)
Hey, the majority of people in the NFL, Kansas City, the pundits, etc, all thought Clark hit a home run with that one. Everyone makes mistakes. It'd be like my patients questioning the dental materials I use and calling me a dumbass if I don't use some brand they like. Or calling your mechanic a dipshit because they use a brand of lubricant you aren't familiar with. Let the experts be the experts. If it blows up in their face, then be critical of them for it (ala *****).

Even the "experts" are wrong all the time. Or learning something new all the time.

And, like everyone else, the "experts" are also people who can be affected by bias from a number of different areas/people/factors. Personal subjectivity will lead an "expert" into some of the dumbest shit ever.

And with the NFL draft, there are things that no one can predict - the human "heart;" the inner working of the mind and the desire that only comes with experiencing something and embracing it; the passion, etc.

There is no way that even the scheduled meetings at the combine or interviews with Gruden on ESPN are going to determine these things. If they did, Tom Brady would have been the #1 pick. London Fletcher would have been a top five pick. Randall McDaniel a top five pick. Jared Allen a top five pick, so on and so forth.

The "experts" are guys who are doing a job. Maybe they suck at it like your co-worker or a dude you know who's also been doing their job for 10+ years. Maybe they are good.

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339140)

And I thought doctors were supposed to be smart. Remind me never to go to you even if you're the last dentist on earth.

Some of you guys have lost your ****ing minds over this subject.

RunKC 01-21-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339140)
Highly trained and educated professional who has performed thousands of delicate procedures and made thousands of hard decisions involving the health and well-being of thousands of people with over a 99% success rate

Equals

Guy who works for a sports franchise, whose job does not require the professional and tense fortitude built upon years of highly focused training, whose decisions don't affect the health and well-being of thousands of people, and whose decisions on player personnel have a success rate at or around 30%

Idk man Scott Pioli affected the health and well being of this entire fan base for the last 2 years. There wasn't enough Prozac to help stomach through the Matt Cassel era LMAO

SAUTO 01-21-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9339168)

in my case i will admit that it happened years ago, and this subject had nothing to do with it

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Not really. Comparing any type of medical doctor and his/her level of expertise to a FO Exec. for a professional franchise is ridiculous.

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 02:52 PM

And I'll say this: people damn well better be a little bit skeptical and apply some level of critical analysis, even when being treated by medical professionals.

Frankie 01-21-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9338924)
I'm curious to get your opinion on the two QB's in this specific game, especially since you've stated that Geno "struggling" in this game has adversely affected your opinion of him in terms of a potential pick for the Chiefs. (You yourself said you would "hold your nose" at the pick.)

:D

Shit, man I had this game on DVR and I accidentally deleted it. After I heard all the comments here and on the other board I wasn't too heart broken that it was deleted. I hate to watch long video on my computer but I promise I will before now and the draft. Actually, I make that "ASAP." With the DVR it's just easier and faster to skip to the snaps involving his passes. And let's face it we are not concerned about his hand offs.

Also I used the term "holding my nose" not because I think Geno Smith stinks, but because I hate to do ANYTHING out of desperation. Geno is a very good college QB, but as of now we are not talking about a COLLEGE QB. If I'm the GM and I'm using the top pick of the draft on Geno Smith with only the data available so far I'm making a "desperation" pick.

Back to the video, I'll start watching it in portions right after the Super Bowl.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Really? You of all people? The guy who says, "Go **** your mother" when somebody posts some shitassed piece of idiotic tripe (like tooge just did) is telling me to tone down the hyperbole?

suzzer99 01-21-2013 03:33 PM

Does anyone else remember when the Bionic Woman had to fight that Hal-knockoff computer - and one of its big defenses was to fill the room with foam that sucked all the oxygen out of the air?

That's what the stupid is doing in this thread.