ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ROMO gets his $$$ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271586)

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9539995)
you know you're on a chiefs board when a super bowl winning playoff run (which included impressive QB play and QB stats) is hand-waived away as a mere triviality and regular season consistency is hailed as the true measure of QB superiority

lmao this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-29-2013 08:39 PM

you know you're on a message board full of dipshits when you correlate every win and loss with the QB

I already proved this with the Eli Manning theory...it took 5 miraculous LOW percentage plays for him to win two super bowls...and two NFCC games where it took the other team doing ridiculous shit for him to get there (terrible Favre pick, two Kyle Williams' fumbles)

yet he's clutch because he won two super bowls...via a dropped pick, helmet catch on a play where he is called down 9 times out of 10, welker drop and miracle Manningham

HMc 03-29-2013 08:45 PM

That is not a terribly deft use of logic. Anyone you don't like can be explained way using your multiple miracle theory, but your favourites are totally in control of their own destiny.

The fact that you need to explain away 5 (at least) of them should go some of the way towards indicating that they aren't "miracles". Either that or he is Jesus himself.

And even if Eli and Flacco are the luckiest guys ever, isn't that a positive attribute? Don't you want a guy that brings that kind of luck?

tk13 03-29-2013 08:51 PM

I love Hootie logic. There are no measures or standards or metrics... it's just whatever he thinks, because he thinks it, and that makes it so. There's really no way to argue it because he makes arguments that are like fluid opinions that disregard things that happen on the field.

This year's Broncos team was the best team Peyton's ever had, even though they lost. Russell Wilson is probably the greatest QB to ever play the game. And Flacco is overrated even though he's had two straight outstanding playoff runs and won a Super Bowl while not throwing a single INT in the playoffs. Regardless of what actually happened on the field, this is how things are. The actual competition aspect of sports is completely pointless.

HMc 03-29-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9540158)
I love Hootie logic. There are no measures or standards or metrics... it's just whatever he thinks, because he thinks it, and that makes it so. There's really no way to argue it because he makes arguments that are like fluid opinions that disregard things that happen on the field.

This year's Broncos team was the best team Peyton's ever had, even though they lost. Russell Wilson is probably the greatest QB to ever play the game. And Flacco is overrated even though he's had two straight outstanding playoff runs and won a Super Bowl while not throwing a single INT in the playoffs.

Don't you get it? He would have thrown 10 INTs if there hadn't been a statistically ****ing-implausible series of screwups by the DBs on every single INT opportunity.

Hootie 03-29-2013 08:57 PM

ok fine LMAO

you guys can have Flacco...he's all yours

Joe Flacco LMAO

Rahim Moore made him very rich, and now everyone even thinks he's elite too. Awesome.

Ace Gunner 03-29-2013 09:16 PM

so you get your boss on crack and then you get that contract out

okcchief 03-29-2013 09:35 PM

I've been somewhat of a Romo defender because I think Dallas' problems are deeper than him. However, this contract is ****ing reeruned.

MBSiMMENS 03-29-2013 09:44 PM

Sadly I think he is a gamer with a good running game and o-line but with that kind of money there is no way he is ever going to live up to it unless he wins a SB. He should just switch to baseball and change his name to Barry Zito

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538735)
Tony Romo has a career passer rating of 95. The amount of shit that guy takes is just stupid.

Romo's a good quarterback. He's a 65% passer that averages 8yds/attempt and has the mobility to make up for some shoddy protection.

He's easily a top 15 guy and, like Flacco, probably sits somewhere in the 8-12 range.

People keep blasting him as a bad post-season QB but he's only played in 4 posts-season games and he's been just fine in 2 of them. The last 3 years the Cowboys missed the playoffs because they've had a wildly overrated defense. Moreover, his 'weapons' are being overrated as well. Austin's almost always hurt, Bryant finally had a decent year this season and he's never had much of a running game to work with.

If Eric Decker plays well with Manning, people say "Man, Manning is a god". When Romo gets a great season from Laurent !@#$ing Robinson, people just shrug and act like Robinson must've actually been a badass and we didn't know it. Romo's absolutely made his weapons look better than they are on many occasions.

Romo's a hell of a quarterback, a good leader and he's tough as nails. You give him the exact same team as Joe Flacco and yeah - I'd take Romo over Flacco for at least the next couple of years. And while I recognize that not everyone would agree with that, I certainly don't see how you can say that Flacco is at all clearly better than Romo.

It looks like you guys are already off and running, but I feel the need to respond to you because you responded to me.

I think Romo is a good to great QB. He makes a lot, lot, lot of plays. He has a strong arm, great accuracy all over the field, and what's most special about him to me is how he moves in and out of the pocket, creating more time to let his guys get open. I honestly don't think there's a QB in the league that moves around as well as he does, save maybe Big Ben when he's healthy. I hate to use the term "escapability" because I sound like one of those Sportcenter douchebags, but Romo has that in ****ing droves.

I think what Romo lacks in his game is mental. I can't tell you exactly what it is, I don't pretend to have all the answers. I do know that he is Brett Favre-esque in his gunslinging (and I ****ing hate Brett Favre). Some will argue that he's always trying to do too much, but is he really? The dude's had shit loads of talent going back to the mid-2000s. The Cowboys had seasons where they'd send 12 guys to the Pro Bowl and wouldn't get past the Wild Card round of the playoffs.

Although the defense is usually never anything better than middle-of-the-pack, he's had some steady amounts of offensive firepower during his stay in the Big D. You've got one of the best pass-catching TEs ever in Witten, who's been a rock for the past 8 years or so, and an offensive line that's always been pretty good. Then you start talking about the TOs, the Miles Austins, and the Dez Bryants; he has options in the passing game. Also, at times he's had a pretty decent running game. Marion Barber was no slouch for a couple seasons and DeMarco Murray, when healthy, puts up some solid numbers.

Back to the point I was trying to make though. I think Romo is a great QB, I just don't see how this contract is a good move for the franchise. $55 million guaranteed to a 33 year old QB that has yet to bring you even to an NFC Championship game? If I were a Cowboy fan, I'd be pissed, and rightly so.

Setsuna 03-29-2013 11:47 PM

I like Romo's game and his rocket arm, but that's too much.

Chiefshrink 03-29-2013 11:51 PM

Romo the 'great pretender';) Hell the Cowgirls team for that matter:D

BWillie 03-30-2013 12:27 AM

Say what you want about the guy but I would much rather have him than Matt Cassel 2.0 [Alex Smith]

Dylan 03-30-2013 12:36 AM

It would have been nice if Romo could have signed for 16 years instead of six.

Romo has not had much success against the Giants. Since 2009, Dallas is 1-6 vs. the Giants. From 2006-2008, Dallas split with the Giants, three wins and three losses.

I believe Romo is a good quarterback during the season - But, not so good after that. If he wins a Super Bowl all is forgiven.

I'll let you be the judge.

2006: Romo botches the snap in what would have been an easy game-winning field goal.
(Playoffs: 0-1)

2007: Romo has a great season only to lose to the Giants in the playoffs.
(Playoffs: 0-1)

2008: Win and Dallas make the playoffs. Lose and Dallas goes home. Eagles (McNabb) win 44-6.

2009: Romo has a great run to make the playoffs only to lose to the Vikings 34-3 in the NFC Divisional Playoff.
(Playoffs: 1-1)

2010: Romo was out for most of the year after he broke his collarbone vs. the Giants in October. He was also 1-4 going into that game.

2011: Dallas has control of their destiny at the end of November only to lose four out of five in December.

2012: Again, Dallas has control of their destiny by the end of November, only to lose two must win games in December. Redskins advance to the playoffs.

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2013 12:44 AM

Lot of cash for 1 playoff win.