ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

comochiefsfan 07-26-2021 03:58 PM

Mountain West would be a great spot for KSU.

kU is probably better off dropping their pathetic football program and turning themselves into Gonzaga.

It feels damn good to be the king.

Coach 07-26-2021 03:59 PM

I doubt the Big 12 dissolves.

There's likely a chance of them getting UCF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati instead of going elsewhere, and they still can retain their P5 status and the auto bids.

Pitt Gorilla 07-26-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 15756082)

There's likely a chance of them getting UCF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati instead of going elsewhere, and they still can retain their P5 status and the auto bids.

That’s, clearly, not an auto-bid league.

Jerm 07-26-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 15756082)

I can’t even imagine what the re-negotiations for a TV contract would look like in that scenario lol….holy shit.

Not only that but no one would ever make the CFP, I don’t care what their record is.

Prison Bitch 07-26-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15756077)
It feels damn good to be the king.

No doubt. You Bama fans have it good.

comochiefsfan 07-26-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15756099)
No doubt. You Bama fans have it good.

What's that?

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the SEC money printing machine.

I think the AAC has something similar except it shoots out quarters.

FloridaMan88 07-26-2021 04:11 PM

Interesting, from Dennis Dodd:

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ig-12-for-sec/

Quote:

Would Kansas be on the Big Ten's short list? Believe it or not, football remains the primary revenue driver at KU. Its languishing football program might be a plus in realignment. Big Ten football is strong enough to absorb a team that would be an automatic W despite it subtracting from overall schedule strength. It would be a no-brainer because Jayhawks basketball is a historically great program.

Al Bundy 07-26-2021 04:22 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missouri athletics director Jim Sterk is stepping down. More to come</p>&mdash; Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1419784536423022593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat 07-26-2021 04:24 PM

How many ADs has Mizzou had the last 5 years?

Coach 07-26-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15756089)
That’s, clearly, not an auto-bid league.

Look, OU and Texas has stated that they will honor the current agreement until it expires (which I don't take it face value anyways).

So hypothetically, given how par the Big 12 have been in their proactiveness and shitty product and if OU and Texas leaves before the 2025 expiration, I would not be surprised if the expectation would be to replace the outgoing two with four schools and have it be 12 programs.

Down side is that it does slicing the revenue 12 different ways. However, an argument can be made that increased inventory would be the compromise to leave the television deal intact for the rest of the rights agreement and not be triggered into a renegotiation.

Another argument is that Houston is the 4th moth populated in the United States. There's untapped viewership right there, especially if Houston can get good.

And these KU fans who are saying they'll be going to the Big10, no. Even if the Big 10 wanted any of the leftovers, the idea that they will want them when they have to buyout is silly, and that'll be a non-starter for them.

These moves are being driven by football, football, football and the only football item KU offers is a FCS level opponent without the stigma of playing an actual FCS opponent. Sure, the basketball team would be a nice pickup for any conference, but again, basketball isn't driving the bus.

What the Big 12 really need to do is get proactive and shop their shit to Amazon or Hulu or Netflix or whatever streaming company will pay. Sure that streaming only will cost us some older viewers, but the possible flip side is that it will probably suck in a lot of younger viewers, particularly cord cutters. That grows the brand in a way, where a normal TV contract cannot.

notorious 07-26-2021 04:36 PM

If this happened 20 years ago I would be upset.

I really don't give a flying **** what happens now.

Chiefspants 07-26-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 15756135)
Look, OU and Texas has stated that they will honor the current agreement until it expires (which I don't take it face value anyways).

So hypothetically, given how par the Big 12 have been in their proactiveness and shitty product and if OU and Texas leaves before the 2025 expiration, I would not be surprised if the expectation would be to replace the outgoing two with four schools and have it be 12 programs.

Down side is that it does slicing the revenue 12 different ways. However, an argument can be made that increased inventory would be the compromise to leave the television deal intact for the rest of the rights agreement and not be triggered into a renegotiation.

Another argument is that Houston is the 4th moth populated in the United States. There's untapped viewership right there, especially if Houston can get good.

And these KU fans who are saying they'll be going to the Big10, no. Even if the Big 10 wanted any of the leftovers, the idea that they will want them when they have to buyout is silly, and that'll be a non-starter for them.

These moves are being driven by football, football, football and the only football item KU offers is a FCS level opponent without the stigma of playing an actual FCS opponent. Sure, the basketball team would be a nice pickup for any conference, but again, basketball isn't driving the bus.

What the Big 12 really need to do is get proactive and shop their shit to Amazon or Hulu or Netflix or whatever streaming company will pay. Sure that streaming only will cost us some older viewers, but the possible flip side is that it will probably suck in a lot of younger viewers, particularly cord cutters. That grows the brand in a way, where a normal TV contract cannot.

There is no evidence at all that the Big 12 will be proactive about this process in any way. The time to be proactive was in 2010 (expanding to 12 then). But their actions to appease Texas both back then and now (LOL) show they are just going to be reactionary every step of the way until there isn't a conference anymore.

FloridaMan88 07-26-2021 04:56 PM

The boss move for the Big 10 would be to try to add USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, Colorado or Kansas, UNC, Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Notre Dame.

They would create a national conference, dominating most of the major media markets and would stay true to their academic-focused/AAU approach (except for Notre Dame who isn't AAU, but I am sure the Big 10 would make an exception for them).

RustShack 07-26-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15756157)
There is no evidence at all that the Big 12 will be proactive about this process in anyway. The time to be proactive was in 2010 (expanding to 12 then). But their actions to appease Texas both back then and now (LOL) show they are just going to be reactionary every step of the way until there isn't a conference anymore.

The next domino to fall will likely be pushed by the B1G. They could add 2-6 teams from mostly the PAC maybe 1 or 2 Big12. The rest probably merging together for the weakest conference. Or if they stand pat the PAC and Big12 might try to raid each other and decide which one dies lol

RustShack 07-26-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15756173)
The boss move for the Big 10 would be to try to add USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, Colorado or Kansas, UNC, Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Notre Dame.

They would create a national conference, dominating most of the major media markets and would stay true to their academic-focused/AAU approach (except for Notre Dame who isn't AAU, but I am sure the Big 10 would make an exception for them).

There won’t be any teams leaving the ACC for like 10 years.