ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life For you metros that shave... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255277)

whoman69 01-19-2012 08:56 PM

You never heard of five o'clock shadow?

mlyonsd 01-19-2012 08:57 PM

During college and early married years I was Grizzley Adams too.

For some reason it got annoying so I started shaving every day with a razor.

Now I do a goatee. Shave it close with an electric trimmer on Sunday. Shave the rest of my face on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. That's it.

I know, too much information but the wife likes a little scruff.

ps. I should throw in now that I'm over 50 I trim my ears and eyebrows once a week. I know, TMI.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8312265)
Yeah. You're a beast. I shave once every couple of weeks, and I never look like that.

OK so I'm a freak. I thought so.

Ftr I just keep it at that length by trimming daily because I like having a beard. I havent been without one since I was a sophomore in high school.... except for a goat as mentioned now and then.

I figured as much because my friends don't seem to grow it as fast but I never asked.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8312270)
lol, if I show up to work with so much as a 5 o'clock shadow, I'm forced to use the rusty blade they keep in the office, so ya. I shave every day, unless I don't have to work that day.

I go to work with a 3" beard... ballcap and a hoodie... different work places...

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8312271)
You never heard of five o'clock shadow?

Yes. It takes till noon.

CHENZ A! 01-19-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8312263)
It's takes about a day and a half till I'm fuzzy and I have to trim it back down to this...

Dude, there is no way that is only 2 days growth. My shit grows thick and fast too.. I think maybe I'm just describing the timetable, and facial hair starting point wrong.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8312274)

I know, too much information but the wife likes a little scruff.

See... every woman I've ever been with likes it too. If they didn't they wouldn't spend much time with me.

Dunit35 01-19-2012 09:07 PM

Every day except on my days off which ill shave once during my three day vacations.

NewChief 01-19-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8312295)
Dude, there is no way that is only 2 days growth. My shit grows thick and fast too.. I think maybe I'm just describing the timetable, and facial hair starting point wrong.

He actually said that he lets it grow for two days (at which point it becomes too shaggy) then shaves it back to the length in the picture. I misread as well. Still. I can tell he's a hairy ****er.
:D

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8312295)

No no you didn't see the "back down to this" part. I like having a beard... I have one on purpose. That pic is 5-6 days if I was clean shaven to start. What I said... tried to say... was if I don't trim daily it gets well beyond that quickly........ and I was curious if that was normal.

Raiderhater 01-19-2012 09:11 PM

I have to shave every day, but for a different reason. I can't grow much in the way of facial hair. If I let what does grow go it would look pretty bad. I can get away with chin whiskers, though that is still some what sparse. but every where else on my face I have to shave daily.

And that is an electric razor for 2-4 days straight because my facial skin is so sensitive. I use a regular razor every day (which I prefer because it is a closer shave), my skin gets irritated and I start getting a lot of razor bumps.

Deberg_1990 01-19-2012 09:11 PM

I shave every day. Sometimes I leave a goatee for a week or so, but then I shave the whole thing off. Nothing feels better than a nice full clean shave after you haven't shaved for a few days.

CHENZ A! 01-19-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8312309)
No no you didn't see the "back down to this" part. I like having a beard... I have one on purpose. That pic is 5-6 days if I was clean shaven to start. What I said... tried to say... was if I don't trim daily it gets well beyond that quickly........ and I was curious if that was normal.

Gotcha. Yeah, your beard grows a bit quicker than mine, but I wouldn't say abnormally quick or anything. I'm pretty hairy too. What a weird convo. LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8312312)
Nothing feels better than a nice full clean shave after you haven't shaved for a few days.

I don't understand.... it's been... 26 years...

:)

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-19-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8312316)
What a weird convo. LMAO

So another normal night on CP....