ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What was your favorite episode of Star Trek: TNG? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242807)

Frazod 03-16-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7494958)
Ditto on the Best of Both Worlds cliffhanger.

I remember watching it...I was about 10...and I was thinking "no way do they let it end like this."

And Picard delivers his line...and I'm in shock...and Riker says "Mr. Worf....fire."

And I'm thinking "**** this is going to own."

TO BE CONTINUED

And I screamed out loud. I was so ****ing infuriated. ROFL

I was watching that with one of my best friends. We both screamed at the TV, and then turned and screamed at each other. That was brutal. So was the wait to see how it would be resolved.

keg in kc 03-16-2011 07:09 PM

Anything with the Klingons in TNG was awesome.

A Matter of Honor was great, too. The one where Riker was put on a Klingon ship. Season 2 I think.

Frazod 03-16-2011 07:11 PM

Gowron was great. A full-blown, wild-eyed lunatic who didn't give a crap about anything, but almost always did the right thing. At least until his DS9 meltdown.

keg in kc 03-16-2011 07:11 PM

Anybody remember when TNG and DS9 were on the air at the same time. That was like the golden age for Star Trek. Then TNG went off the air, and suddenly DS9 just kept getting better and better.

Crush 03-16-2011 07:11 PM

Reunification Parts I and II

Predarat 03-16-2011 07:12 PM

I did not like the episode where Riker fell for that bi sexual tranny alien or whatever that was, he was a mans man. Always getting the ladies.

Frazod 03-16-2011 07:13 PM

DS9 was generally pretty lame until Worf joined the cast. Then they got dark and bloody and it rocked pretty much constantly until the end. Sisko had a mean streak that sort of set him apart from the other series leads. I liked it.

RealSNR 03-16-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7494958)
Ditto on the Best of Both Worlds cliffhanger.

I remember watching it...I was about 10...and I was thinking "no way do they let it end like this."

And Picard delivers his line...and I'm in shock...and Riker says "Mr. Worf....fire."

And I'm thinking "**** this is going to own."

TO BE CONTINUED

And I screamed out loud. I was so ****ing infuriated. ROFL

You know what it also is? It's the music score. There's something about the crescendo after Riker delivers that line (very well, might I add, considering Frakes is a method-acting whore) and the fade to black and the font and text of "TO BE CONTINUED..." I can't quite put my finger on it, but I do know that if Ron Jones didn't write the music the way he did it wouldn't be as hair-raising as it is.

That's why it's my belief that if Hell is the way Dante describes it, there's going to be a particular section (probably in Circle 7- Violence Against Art) for Rick Berman. He pretty much fired Ron Jones for being too good at his job. I can't fathom why anybody would do that. **** his idea of filmscore aesthetics. If you've got a product like the one Ron Jones made, you're an asshole for getting rid of him.

Deberg_1990 03-16-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7494975)
I was watching that with one of my best friends. We both screamed at the TV, and then turned and screamed at each other. That was brutal. So was the wait to see how it would be resolved.

heh, yea....that was around 1990 or so right? Pre internet era....you know, before spoilers, when you actually had to wait until something was broadcast or shown in theaters to know all the secrets. It was painful.

Hammock Parties 03-16-2011 07:13 PM

I think the reason most people had that reaction to Best of Both Worlds is Patrick Stewart.

People were emotionally attached to the character of Picard.

What a great actor...

keg in kc 03-16-2011 07:14 PM

This scene has always stayed with me:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o_eSwq1ewsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crush 03-16-2011 07:15 PM

Actually, pretty much any episode that involved the Romulans.

keg in kc 03-16-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7494992)
DS9 was generally pretty lame until Worf joined the cast. Then they got dark and bloody and it rocked pretty much constantly until the end. Sisko had a mean streak that sort of set him apart from the other series leads. I liked it.

The intrigue on that show was great, and then the war. Totally badass series.

I remember watching that and Babylon 5 every week in college. Nothing quite that cool on right now. We need a good space blow-em-up show.

Crush 03-16-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7494998)
This scene has always stayed with me:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o_eSwq1ewsU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

That is a classic moment. Damn Cardassians.

RealSNR 03-16-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7494971)
Worst thing about that cliffhanger...they fired the composer who composed that music. ROFL

Idiots!

Heh. I was too late