ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mike Wallace wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257642)

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483270)
I don't think they make the move at all, especially not for Fitz money.

As I mentioned previously, Wallace (as is Bowe) are right in line with the type of contracts that DeSean and Vincent recently signed. 5 Years / $55-60M - something that averages $10-11M annually.

I agree. I think its just a marriage of convi for the media, but you never know.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483291)
Fitz >>>> bowe but bowe>>>>wallace ..

I don't know that anyone really knows that for sure... all you can do is compare their first 3 seasons and Wallace > Bowe in that regard. Bowe has had 2 good seasons since then and that's what Wallace has to do now.

I think both are solid #1 WRs - Bowe is a bit bigger, but I don't know that one is that much greater than the other at this point.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:57 AM

I haven't seen it written anywhere, but I've heard people say in recent weeks that the team salary caps are expected to jump quite a bit in the next 2-3 years.

So, I wouldn't be against the idea of locking in a young and proven WR like Wallace for big money (not Fitz level) and back loading some of it... if the cap is indeed going to make a considerable jump.

If Denver had Wallace, Thomas and Decker... that would be a fine trio for several years.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483305)
I don't know that anyone really knows that for sure... all you can do is compare their first 3 seasons and Wallace > Bowe in that regard. Bowe has had 2 good seasons since then and that's what Wallace has to do now.

I think both are solid #1 WRs - Bowe is a bit bigger, but I don't know that one is that much greater than the other at this point.

Well ive watched them both and imho bowe is the better wr. Hes much more of a complete player.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483315)
Well ive watched them both and imho bowe is the better wr. Hes much more of a complete player.

That very well could be ... I think both are more complete than DeSean Jackson and I think they're potentially better than Vincent Jackson. I think I'd rather have VJ than DJ... so, considering those guys have very similar new contracts and all these guys have fairly similar production... the contracts should be in the same ballpark and it's not near Fitzgerald Field. :D

O.city 03-22-2012 10:01 AM

So far, Wallace has shown to be a one trick pony. Its all about speed with him. Not sure I'd wanna give him a huge contract at this point.

Same with VJ.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483335)
So far, Wallace has shown to be a one trick pony. Its all about speed with him. Not sure I'd wanna give him a huge contract at this point.

Same with VJ.

Well, let's say it's so... the one trick is a dominating one trick. And, if he were in Denver with Manning for the next 2-3 years, with Thomas and Decker... that would be a sweet trick and a very productive trio.

Outside of Bowe's one season with 15 TDs... he's really just a good WR. I don't know that you can say that he's any more dominating that some of the others. And, yes... I realize he's had Huard, Thigpen, Cassel and Orton.

But, it's not like every other WR has ideal QB situations. Sometimes, it just is what it is... and Bowe is a really good WR that deserves a contract in line with what DJ and VJ signed.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483328)
That very well could be ... I think both are more complete than DeSean Jackson and I think they're potentially better than Vincent Jackson. I think I'd rather have VJ than DJ... so, considering those guys have very similar new contracts and all these guys have fairly similar production... the contracts should be in the same ballpark and it's not near Fitzgerald Field. :D

Agreed. And to show you im not a homer i think u guys have the next special wr.. Providing he can stay healthy... lets hope he thinks he fitz :D

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483350)
Well, let's say it's so... the one trick is a dominating one trick. And, if he were in Denver with Manning for the next 2-3 years, with Thomas and Decker... that would be a sweet trick and a very productive trio.

Outside of Bowe's one season with 15 TDs... he's really just a good WR. I don't know that you can say that he's any more dominating that some of the others. And, yes... I realize he's had Huard, Thigpen, Cassel and Orton.

But, it's not like every other WR has ideal QB situations. Sometimes, it just is what it is... and Bowe is a really good WR that deserves a contract in line with what DJ and VJ signed.

Some WRs don't have ideal QB situations.

No WR has Bowe's QB situation that he's had to put up with for his ENTIRE career.

Who are some of the worst QBs to start games in the past 5 seasons? Give me your 5 worst. Bowe has played with at least 2 of those 5.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483356)
Agreed. And to show you im not a homer i think u guys have the next special wr.. Providing he can stay healthy... lets hope he thinks he fitz :D

Yeah, health is the concern with Demaryius. Great size (6'3 / 230) and appears to be solid in his skill set. It's just hard to judge him at this point as he missed most of his rookie year (starting in 2 of 5 games played) and looked good last year starting n 5 of 11 games played).

The upside is great - health is the concern. I think Decker can be a great #2/3 option - very solid WR.

O.city 03-22-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483350)

Oh he's a great deep threat, he has great speed.

I'm just saying I'm not giving that much money to a guy who has shown, so far, that that's the only thing he has going for him.

IMO he's more Desean Jackson than Fitz.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483362)
Some WRs don't have ideal QB situations.

No WR has Bowe's QB situation that he's had to put up with for his ENTIRE career.

Who are some of the worst QBs to start games in the past 5 seasons? Give me your 5 worst. Bowe has played with at least 2 of those 5.

I totally agree that his situation may be there worst, but are you suggesting he could be more like Fitz? That part I don't know if anyone can say for sure... could he be more like Wayne? I dunno.

I just think he's in that next tier down from the truly great WR threats.

I'm not sure how I would tier them actually...

Are Calvin and Fitz the elite WRs? I'm struggling with who I may be failing to put in their group?

After them...

You have a slew of people like Welker, Marshall, White, Jennings...

Does that list end there? I don't know that I put DJ, VJ, Bowe, Wallace, Nelson, Nicks, Colston, Smith at that 2nd tier. It's a tough one and lots of gray.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483384)
Oh he's a great deep threat, he has great speed.

I'm just saying I'm not giving that much money to a guy who has shown, so far, that that's the only thing he has going for him.

IMO he's more Desean Jackson than Fitz.

And, that's been the bulk of my commentary here too... I just feel Bowe is still in that group as well.

O.city 03-22-2012 10:20 AM

Desean is a speed guy as well. VJ, IMO, is alot better than you give him credit.

IMO, Bowe is in that second tier group of guys. I'd put him next to a Roddy White.

Fitz, Megatron, and Andre J. are a notch better.

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483400)
I totally agree that his situation may be there worst, but are you suggesting he could be more like Fitz? That part I don't know if anyone can say for sure... could he be more like Wayne? I dunno.

I just think he's in that next tier down from the truly great WR threats.

I'm not sure how I would tier them actually...

Are Calvin and Fitz the elite WRs? I'm struggling with who I may be failing to put in their group?

After them...

You have a slew of people like Welker, Marshall, White, Jennings...

Does that list end there? I don't know that I put DJ, VJ, Bowe, Wallace, Nelson, Nicks, Colston, Smith at that 2nd tier. It's a tough one and lots of gray.

This might sound like Knowmo to you, but very few WRs can do what Bowe can do physically. His speed isn't the greatest, but it's not shit either. He can outrun a lot of coverages usually.

With a semi-decent QB Bowe is a top 5 WR. No question. If Cassel gets injured this year and Quinn/Stanzi step in and produce right away, you'll start to see that I imagine.