ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mike Wallace wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257642)

-King- 03-22-2012 08:04 AM

Mike Wallace wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald

Quote:

Report: Mike Wallace told 49ers he wants more than Larry Fitzgerald
Quote:

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 22, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT

Mike Wallace is the best free agent available right now, but it appears that he’s going to need to lower his asking price significantly if he wants to do anything other than play for the Steelers on the one-year restricted free agent tender this season.

That’s the word out of San Francisco, where the 49ers had interest in signing Wallace until they found out how much money he wanted. Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that Wallace wants a contract that surpasses the eight-year, $120 million deal that Larry Fitzgerald signed with the Cardinals.

If that’s what Wallace is going to demand of every team that shows interest, it’s hard to see any team signing him to an offer sheet, which would also require the team to give the Steelers a first-round draft pick if the Steelers choose not to match. (And the Steelers surely would choose not to match an offer sheet that gave Wallace more money than Fitzgerald.)

Wallace may end up deciding that unless some team offers him a monster contract, he’s better off staying in Pittsburgh on the one-year, $2.74 million restricted free agent tender and then becoming an unrestricted free agent next year — especially considering that the Steelers might not franchise him because Antonio Brown, last year’s team MVP, is set to become an unrestricted free agent next year, too.

As great a deep threat as Wallace is, he’s not as productive a receiver as Fitzgerald: Wallace’s career high in catches was 72 last year; Fitzgerald has had seasons of 80, 90, 96, 97, 100 and 103 catches. Wallace’s career high in yards was 1,257 two years ago; Fitzgerald has had four seasons of more than 1,400 yards. It’s not realistic to think Wallace will get more money than Fitzgerald. At least, not unless he has a great 2012 and becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2013.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry-fitzgerald/

Bwana 03-22-2012 08:08 AM

Yeaaaaah, best of luck with that.

58-4ever 03-22-2012 08:09 AM

Noooooooot going to happen.

Chiefnj2 03-22-2012 08:13 AM

Why would the 49ers go public with their discussions and his demands? Seems like a CYA to appease their fan base after not getting Manning and explain why they haven't made more moves.

Dartgod 03-22-2012 08:14 AM

I thought this was a post about 60 Minutes

58-4ever 03-22-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8482950)
Why would the 49ers go public with their discussions and his demands? Seems like a CYA to appease their fan base after not getting Manning and explain why they haven't made more moves.

They've already upgraded the receiving corps and re-signed their QB. I think the 49ers are fine. I think this was to embarrass Wallace who is making absurd salary demands.

tredadda 03-22-2012 08:17 AM

Well according to some on here he is a Top 5 receiver like Fitz, so maybe he should be paid accordingly. On second thought, no way he is nowhere near the caliber of Fitz nor does he deserve more than him.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-22-2012 09:04 AM

These guys are delusional.

Sofa King 03-22-2012 09:05 AM

He'd be lucky to get half that.

TheGuardian 03-22-2012 09:07 AM

Mike Wallace.........LOL

A nobody.

mr. tegu 03-22-2012 09:08 AM

All he does is go deep. Not worth nearly that much per year or for eight years. As soon as he loses a step he will be worth have of his value now as it is.

The Franchise 03-22-2012 09:12 AM

He'd be lucky to get a Vincent Jackson type deal.

rageeumr 03-22-2012 09:14 AM

What a coincidence, I would also like more money than Larry Fitzgerald.

the Talking Can 03-22-2012 09:16 AM

good luck with that

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:32 AM

There's no doubt that I'd like to see Denver send their R1 pick to PIT for Wallace, but not at that price.

It's interesting though if you compare the first 3 years for each WR.

39 / 756 / 6
60 / 1257 / 10
72 / 1193 / 8

171 rec / 3206 yds / 24 TD

58 / 780 / 8
103 / 1409 / 10
69 / 946 / 6

230 rec / 3135 yds / 24 TD

They're nearly identical - aside from the huge rec year that Fitz had.

The difference being, Wallace is entering his 4th season while Fitz is entering his 9th season and for the last 5 years, Fitz has been a freak with 4 seasons over 90 receptions each - 3 with more than 1400 yds and he has 49 TDs in that span.

So, Fitz has certainly earned it - don't know if Wallace can be that guy - he is about 3 inches shorter, but if you compare the first 3 years ... one could argue that he's on the right path.

But, 8 years for $120M ... I think not. That averages $15M a year, don't know what bonus he got or the way it's structured.

I'd be fine with going 5 years and $55M - averages about $11M a year, structure the bonus money and guarantees appropriately, and I'm cool with that... I think. Wallace would be 30 when that contract is up and still able to earn that last final big contract should his trajectory continue as it is now.

The Franchise 03-22-2012 09:33 AM

Wallace will never be a Fitz type of WR. Wallace is more on par with Desean Jackson.

Coogs 03-22-2012 09:35 AM

Scary thing about this is, makes you wonder what Bowe is thinking/asking.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8483214)
Wallace will never be a Fitz type of WR. Wallace is more on par with Desean Jackson.

I dunno... I think there is more depth with Wallace, DJ is more of a burner to me. All or nothing type of receiver with the style he plays. I think Wallace is more well rounded, but I could be wrong. I do agree though... he's no Fitz or Calvin.

Dartgod 03-22-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8483214)
Wallace will never be a Morley Safer type of journalist. Wallace is more on par with Geraldo Rivera.

FYP

Bump 03-22-2012 09:40 AM

What the hell has wallace done to make him think that? what a dumbass

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8483223)

70 / 995 / 5
86 / 1022 / 7
47 / 589 / 4

203 rec / 2606 yds / 16 TDs

Bowe's production through the first three was less than the others (mainly on yds and TDs). But...

72 / 1162 / 15
81 / 1159 / 5

Bowe's 4th and 5th seasons were strong - that 4th year may have been a fluke from a TD perspective, who knows.

But, I'd say he's on par with the Mike Wallace's of the world - not Fitz. There's no doubt he (like Mike) wants Fitz money though, and they may get it, but I don't think they are that level yet.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:44 AM

Go ahead denver trade for him. then watch manning under throw ur 100 million wr. i would love to see them make this move

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8483241)

Well, he's making what this year on his 1 year deal ... $9-10M?

Fitz is averaging $15M... there's not a huge gap there, but it is pretty significant. My guess is that Wallace and Bowe should be making about the same at this point.

Vincent Jackson signed for 5 years $55M right... he's the same age as Fitz (28), but not near the production. DeSean signed for 5 years $51M.

I'd say they're all right there in that same area - Wallace, Bowe, VJax, DJ...

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483244)
70 / 995 / 5
86 / 1022 / 7
47 / 589 / 4

203 rec / 2606 yds / 16 TDs

Bowe's production through the first three was less than the others (mainly on yds and TDs). But...

72 / 1162 / 15
81 / 1159 / 5

Bowe's 4th and 5th seasons were strong - that 4th year may have been a fluke from a TD perspective, who knows.

But, I'd say he's on par with the Mike Wallace's of the world - not Fitz. There's no doubt he (like Mike) wants Fitz money though, and they may get it, but I don't think they are that level yet.

I know this is a much loved example on cp. But rapesburger >>>> than any qb bowes had. By a large margin.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483257)
Go ahead denver trade for him. then watch manning under throw ur 100 million wr. i would love to see them make this move

I don't think they make the move at all, especially not for Fitz money.

As I mentioned previously, Wallace (as is Bowe) are right in line with the type of contracts that DeSean and Vincent recently signed. 5 Years / $55-60M - something that averages $10-11M annually.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483267)
I know this is a much loved example on cp. But rapesburger >>>> than any qb bowes had. By a large margin.

The leading QBs for Fitz were McCown, Warner and Leinart in his first 3 seasons.

J Diddy 03-22-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483264)

Fitz is averaging $15M... there's not a huge gap there, but it is pretty significant. My guess is that Wallace and Bowe should be making about the same at this point.

Vincent Jackson signed for 5 years $55M right... he's the same age as Fitz (28), but not near the production. DeSean signed for 5 years $51M.

According to the article he would make $2.74 million by signing the restricted free agent tender.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8483287)
According to the article he would make $2.74 million by signing the restricted free agent tender.

I was asking about Bowe.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483280)
The leading QBs for Fitz were McCown, Warner and Leinart in his first 3 seasons.

Fitz >>>> bowe but bowe>>>>wallace ..

J Diddy 03-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483264)

Sorry hard to tell by how you worded it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483290)
I was asking about Bowe.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483270)
I don't think they make the move at all, especially not for Fitz money.

As I mentioned previously, Wallace (as is Bowe) are right in line with the type of contracts that DeSean and Vincent recently signed. 5 Years / $55-60M - something that averages $10-11M annually.

I agree. I think its just a marriage of convi for the media, but you never know.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483291)
Fitz >>>> bowe but bowe>>>>wallace ..

I don't know that anyone really knows that for sure... all you can do is compare their first 3 seasons and Wallace > Bowe in that regard. Bowe has had 2 good seasons since then and that's what Wallace has to do now.

I think both are solid #1 WRs - Bowe is a bit bigger, but I don't know that one is that much greater than the other at this point.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:57 AM

I haven't seen it written anywhere, but I've heard people say in recent weeks that the team salary caps are expected to jump quite a bit in the next 2-3 years.

So, I wouldn't be against the idea of locking in a young and proven WR like Wallace for big money (not Fitz level) and back loading some of it... if the cap is indeed going to make a considerable jump.

If Denver had Wallace, Thomas and Decker... that would be a fine trio for several years.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483305)
I don't know that anyone really knows that for sure... all you can do is compare their first 3 seasons and Wallace > Bowe in that regard. Bowe has had 2 good seasons since then and that's what Wallace has to do now.

I think both are solid #1 WRs - Bowe is a bit bigger, but I don't know that one is that much greater than the other at this point.

Well ive watched them both and imho bowe is the better wr. Hes much more of a complete player.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483315)
Well ive watched them both and imho bowe is the better wr. Hes much more of a complete player.

That very well could be ... I think both are more complete than DeSean Jackson and I think they're potentially better than Vincent Jackson. I think I'd rather have VJ than DJ... so, considering those guys have very similar new contracts and all these guys have fairly similar production... the contracts should be in the same ballpark and it's not near Fitzgerald Field. :D

O.city 03-22-2012 10:01 AM

So far, Wallace has shown to be a one trick pony. Its all about speed with him. Not sure I'd wanna give him a huge contract at this point.

Same with VJ.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483335)
So far, Wallace has shown to be a one trick pony. Its all about speed with him. Not sure I'd wanna give him a huge contract at this point.

Same with VJ.

Well, let's say it's so... the one trick is a dominating one trick. And, if he were in Denver with Manning for the next 2-3 years, with Thomas and Decker... that would be a sweet trick and a very productive trio.

Outside of Bowe's one season with 15 TDs... he's really just a good WR. I don't know that you can say that he's any more dominating that some of the others. And, yes... I realize he's had Huard, Thigpen, Cassel and Orton.

But, it's not like every other WR has ideal QB situations. Sometimes, it just is what it is... and Bowe is a really good WR that deserves a contract in line with what DJ and VJ signed.

Chiefs=Champions 03-22-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483328)
That very well could be ... I think both are more complete than DeSean Jackson and I think they're potentially better than Vincent Jackson. I think I'd rather have VJ than DJ... so, considering those guys have very similar new contracts and all these guys have fairly similar production... the contracts should be in the same ballpark and it's not near Fitzgerald Field. :D

Agreed. And to show you im not a homer i think u guys have the next special wr.. Providing he can stay healthy... lets hope he thinks he fitz :D

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483350)
Well, let's say it's so... the one trick is a dominating one trick. And, if he were in Denver with Manning for the next 2-3 years, with Thomas and Decker... that would be a sweet trick and a very productive trio.

Outside of Bowe's one season with 15 TDs... he's really just a good WR. I don't know that you can say that he's any more dominating that some of the others. And, yes... I realize he's had Huard, Thigpen, Cassel and Orton.

But, it's not like every other WR has ideal QB situations. Sometimes, it just is what it is... and Bowe is a really good WR that deserves a contract in line with what DJ and VJ signed.

Some WRs don't have ideal QB situations.

No WR has Bowe's QB situation that he's had to put up with for his ENTIRE career.

Who are some of the worst QBs to start games in the past 5 seasons? Give me your 5 worst. Bowe has played with at least 2 of those 5.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8483356)
Agreed. And to show you im not a homer i think u guys have the next special wr.. Providing he can stay healthy... lets hope he thinks he fitz :D

Yeah, health is the concern with Demaryius. Great size (6'3 / 230) and appears to be solid in his skill set. It's just hard to judge him at this point as he missed most of his rookie year (starting in 2 of 5 games played) and looked good last year starting n 5 of 11 games played).

The upside is great - health is the concern. I think Decker can be a great #2/3 option - very solid WR.

O.city 03-22-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483350)

Oh he's a great deep threat, he has great speed.

I'm just saying I'm not giving that much money to a guy who has shown, so far, that that's the only thing he has going for him.

IMO he's more Desean Jackson than Fitz.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483362)
Some WRs don't have ideal QB situations.

No WR has Bowe's QB situation that he's had to put up with for his ENTIRE career.

Who are some of the worst QBs to start games in the past 5 seasons? Give me your 5 worst. Bowe has played with at least 2 of those 5.

I totally agree that his situation may be there worst, but are you suggesting he could be more like Fitz? That part I don't know if anyone can say for sure... could he be more like Wayne? I dunno.

I just think he's in that next tier down from the truly great WR threats.

I'm not sure how I would tier them actually...

Are Calvin and Fitz the elite WRs? I'm struggling with who I may be failing to put in their group?

After them...

You have a slew of people like Welker, Marshall, White, Jennings...

Does that list end there? I don't know that I put DJ, VJ, Bowe, Wallace, Nelson, Nicks, Colston, Smith at that 2nd tier. It's a tough one and lots of gray.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483384)
Oh he's a great deep threat, he has great speed.

I'm just saying I'm not giving that much money to a guy who has shown, so far, that that's the only thing he has going for him.

IMO he's more Desean Jackson than Fitz.

And, that's been the bulk of my commentary here too... I just feel Bowe is still in that group as well.

O.city 03-22-2012 10:20 AM

Desean is a speed guy as well. VJ, IMO, is alot better than you give him credit.

IMO, Bowe is in that second tier group of guys. I'd put him next to a Roddy White.

Fitz, Megatron, and Andre J. are a notch better.

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483400)
I totally agree that his situation may be there worst, but are you suggesting he could be more like Fitz? That part I don't know if anyone can say for sure... could he be more like Wayne? I dunno.

I just think he's in that next tier down from the truly great WR threats.

I'm not sure how I would tier them actually...

Are Calvin and Fitz the elite WRs? I'm struggling with who I may be failing to put in their group?

After them...

You have a slew of people like Welker, Marshall, White, Jennings...

Does that list end there? I don't know that I put DJ, VJ, Bowe, Wallace, Nelson, Nicks, Colston, Smith at that 2nd tier. It's a tough one and lots of gray.

This might sound like Knowmo to you, but very few WRs can do what Bowe can do physically. His speed isn't the greatest, but it's not shit either. He can outrun a lot of coverages usually.

With a semi-decent QB Bowe is a top 5 WR. No question. If Cassel gets injured this year and Quinn/Stanzi step in and produce right away, you'll start to see that I imagine.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483412)
Desean is a speed guy as well. VJ, IMO, is alot better than you give him credit.

IMO, Bowe is in that second tier group of guys. I'd put him next to a Roddy White.

Fitz, Megatron, and Andre J. are a notch better.

Geez - how could I forget Andre. Yes - those 3 are the only ones that I would call ELITE.

And, yeah - you could use the QB excuse and say that's why he's not on White's level... or Jennings, etc. But, until that changes - do you pay him based upon how he MIGHT play with a better QB?

Feel free to pay on upside - but, until it proves to be true...

Epic Fail 007 03-22-2012 10:31 AM

Well he forever has a bad name now as someone who cares only about mony and not play.

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:32 AM

Must I show you the quote from me that at least three regular posters around here have added to their signatures regarding Bowe's play on the field?

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483453)
This might sound like Knowmo to you, but very few WRs can do what Bowe can do physically. His speed isn't the greatest, but it's not shit either. He can outrun a lot of coverages usually.

With a semi-decent QB Bowe is a top 5 WR. No question. If Cassel gets injured this year and Quinn/Stanzi step in and produce right away, you'll start to see that I imagine.

ROFL Like the way you started off there.

And, I'm not disagreeing at all. I realize the QB thing is a problem here... but, until that changes - you're projecting, right? He's not a Greg Jennings or Roddy White at this point... he's close, but I just think he's more in line to get paid like the others we've mentioned.

I think Wallace will continue to improve... not likely reaching Fitz status, but certainly can become consistent like White and Jennings. I think they're both really good and have different attributes that make them great - I just don't know if I'd pay either that much more than the other at this point.

If Wallace wound up in Denver - I think his numbers would shoot through the roof. Not Calvin or Fitz - but, he could be very consistent and dominating. And, he may very well continue on that trajectory in PIT. Again, he's only entering his 4th season.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8483223)

I think Bowe is asking for the same thing.

If he wasn't he would of already been signed and we would of tagged Carr.

JMO

buddha 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

I want more money than Larry Fitz. too. Do I get my own story too?

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483466)
Must I show you the quote from me that at least three regular posters around here have added to their signatures regarding Bowe's play on the field?

I suppose...

vailpass 03-22-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8483241)

His agent does this thinking for him.

mr. tegu 03-22-2012 10:55 AM

Regarding Bowe vs Wallace you cannot just look at the numbers. Bowe goes deep, over the middle, and catches the short ones for the tough few yards needed. As others have mentioned Wallace relies on speed and basically just goes deep. Granted that is good, but it is certainly not worth #1 receiver money.

Wallace has played his whole career with Big Ben who has a huge arm and delivers a great deep ball, one of the best in the business. Wallace becomes average with an average with an average QB while Bowe is putting up great numbers with well below average QBs.

Its one of those cases where its hard to project how different players would do in different situations but I am completely confident Bowe is a second tier guy (with Jennings, White, Wayne, VJ I suppose, Welker?) behind Andre, Fitz, and Calvin. I think what prevents him from their calibur is his slightly less speed and a little bit more tendecy to drop some balls. JMO but to be in the top 2 tiers you need to be a more complete package and I just don't see it from Wallace or DJ.

Coogs 03-22-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8483476)
I think Bowe is asking for the same thing.

If he wasn't he would of already been signed and we would of tagged Carr.

JMO

That's kind of what I am thinking.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-22-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8483161)

ROFL

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8483593)
Regarding Bowe vs Wallace you cannot just look at the numbers. Bowe goes deep, over the middle, and catches the short ones for the tough few yards needed. As others have mentioned Wallace relies on speed and basically just goes deep. Granted that is good, but it is certainly not worth #1 receiver money.

Wallace has played his whole career with Big Ben who has a huge arm and delivers a great deep ball, one of the best in the business. Wallace becomes average with an average with an average QB while Bowe is putting up great numbers with well below average QBs.

Its one of those cases where its hard to project how different players would do in different situations but I am completely confident Bowe is a second tier guy (with Jennings, White, Wayne, VJ I suppose, Welker?) behind Andre, Fitz, and Calvin. I think what prevents him from their calibur is his slightly less speed and a little bit more tendecy to drop some balls. JMO but to be in the top 2 tiers you need to be a more complete package and I just don't see it from Wallace or DJ.

Saying that Wallace becomes average with an average QB is kinda ... I dunno, easy since there's no way to know really. Who says his production drops? Who says he can't be more than what they have asked of him?

Who knows if Bowe vaults into greatness status with a better QB?

I think the debate is fun and there are lots of valid points, but for right now... reality says, that the guys we've mentioned - considering their situations are all about equal and are due to be paid on the same level.

mr. tegu 03-22-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483646)
Saying that Wallace becomes average with an average QB is kinda ... I dunno, easy since there's no way to know really. Who says his production drops? Who says he can't be more than what they have asked of him?

I think the debate is fun and there are lots of valid points, but for right now... reality says, that the guys we've mentioned - considering their situations are all about equal and are due to be paid on the same level.

Yeah I agree and mentioned something to that effect in the previous post. I don't know that Bowe can vault into greatness as in top tier greatness because of the differences not related to qb play I mentioned between him and the top guys. But I do know he is a second tier guy who I think deserves more money than Wallace, although it will probably be very similar for both of them when they sign a deal. I would just imagine because of style of play Bowe gets more years since he does not rely on speed which is something you never know how long will last in a guy like Wallace.

ThaVirus 03-22-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8483161)

LMAO As do I, sir. As do I.

I don't know what the **** Mike Wallace is thinking. He and his agent should be fired..... From life.

Oh, and it's Fitz, Megatron, Andre J at the elite level. They are big, strong, fast, and do everything well. Then you have the next level of guys that, in my mind, would include Marshall, Bowe, Welker, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Jennings, VJ and Roddy White. All those guys have some type of weakness, whether it be lack of speed, size, or that extra "it" factor. Then you have the next step down, where I'd put guys like DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Colston, Nicks, Wallace, Harvin, etc.

Mike Wallace really just needs to be offed for even thinking that he would deserve more than 50% of Fitz's contract.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8483747)
LMAO As do I, sir. As do I.

I don't know what the **** Mike Wallace is thinking. He and his agent should be fired..... From life.

Oh, and it's Fitz, Megatron, Andre J at the elite level. They are big, strong, fast, and do everything well. Then you have the next level of guys that, in my mind, would include Marshall, Bowe, Welker, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Jennings, VJ and Roddy White. All those guys have some type of weakness, whether it be lack of speed, size, or that extra "it" factor. Then you have the next step down, where I'd put guys like DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Colston, Nicks, Wallace, Harvin, etc.

Mike Wallace really just needs to be offed for even thinking that he would deserve more than 50% of Fitz's contract.

I'll let you have Bowe there... but, you can't put a rookie there yet... guys like Cruz - not yet.

whoman69 03-22-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483646)

Imagine Wallace with Cassel. You should already have an idea since we have seen Cassel with Moss.

ThaVirus 03-22-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483802)
I'll let you have Bowe there... but, you can't put a rookie there yet... guys like Cruz - not yet.

Fair enough. All the guys you bolded were borderline. It wasn't so much about stats to me, more about watching them myself and placing my own value on their skills. I think it's obvious that AJ Green and Julio Jones are going to be crazy good. I'll go with you on Victor Cruz too. He only did it for one year, but based on what I see, I think he'll continue to be a great one. And VJ I put in there because of his size and speed combo. You don't see 6'5'' guys at 230 with his speed all that often.

The only one I'd argue with you is Dez Bryant. If you've ever watched him play, that guy is a monster. Based on talent alone I'd put him in that second tier of guys. Plus he has good size. Aside from the fact that apparently he's an idiot thug, he's a great player.

Coogs 03-22-2012 01:58 PM

I do think with Orton's passing abilities compared to Cassels, we got to see what could happen with Bowe when other components of the passing game started clicking. Especially in the first half against the Broncos.