ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News The KKK confronts Westboro Baptist Church at Arlington (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245630)

kysirsoze 05-30-2011 06:29 PM

The KKK confronts Westboro Baptist Church at Arlington

I typically avoid WBC stories because I hate giving them more attention, but this one was pretty amusing to me.

Quote:

Counter-protesters confront Westboro Baptist Church at Arlington
Washington (CNN) -- Protesting members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church were met with an unlikely group of counter-protesters Monday at Arlington Cemetery.

Hours before President Barack Obama led the nation's Memorial Day observances at the Tomb of the Unknowns, three members of the Westboro Baptist Church were challenged by others who disagreed with them -- including members claiming to be from the Ku Klux Klan.

The Kansas-based church has attracted nationwide attention for its angry, anti-gay protests at the funerals of U.S. military members.

Among those counter-protesting at the cemetery's main entrance: About 10 members of a group that claims to be a branch of the Ku Klux Klan from Virginia called the Knights of the Southern Cross. They were cordoned off separately in a nearby area, but drew little attention as they gave out small American flags behind a banner that read "POW-MIA."

They said they were there to object to the Westboro Baptist Church's anti-troop message.

"It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago.

"That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything.

"People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."

LaBonte insisted he is not a racist nor a "hate-monger," but said he believes the white race is "slowly and most assuredly being denigrated."

Members of the group declined to say whether they were armed.

A larger group of about 70 protesters -- separate from the KKK -- located across the street waved pro-USA signs and took turns shouting down the Westboro Baptist Church group.

Some of the counter-protesters, including Malaika Elias, stood in front of the Westboro participants in an attempt to block them from street view.

"I think they're twisted and confused, and we're just here to show them there are people who think they're completely wrong," Elias said.

Many passersby shouted their thanks to the counter-protesters as they entered the cemetery on foot and in vehicles.

Several police officers, some on horseback, observed the proceedings.

Phelps said her trio was there to tell people they should not "idolize" the dead, especially those who died for an "unrighteous cause."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/30/arl...ex.html?hpt=T2

MoreLemonPledge 05-30-2011 06:37 PM

Nuke 'em all.

Dave Lane 05-30-2011 06:38 PM

We hate more people than you!!!!!

Nahuh!!!

kysirsoze 05-30-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7670174)
We hate more people than you!!!!!

Nahuh!!!

I know. It's funny to see people argue over who to hate and why.

BigMeatballDave 05-30-2011 06:45 PM

These people have way too much time on their hands.

If these ****ers want to do the Lords work, they can help the needy.

I really hope everyone in the WBC clan dies in a horrible, painful way.

-King- 05-30-2011 06:49 PM

Hopefully they can all kill each other.

chasedude 05-30-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7670191)

Dis!

listopencil 05-30-2011 07:08 PM

We have to find some way to get these Westboro morons and these KKK dickheads to fight to the death. Would an animated mannequin of a gay black Jewish ex Marine work?

WV 05-30-2011 08:14 PM

I think they would find their freedom of speech difficult to exercise writhing in pain on the ground with tazer cords attached to them.

Archie F. Swin 05-30-2011 08:17 PM

its a douche-off!

Bump 05-30-2011 08:48 PM

they would protest the biggest anti-gay person's funeral in the world if it made the news, hell when someone finally kills fred, they'll probably protest his funeral because it would be on the news.

BigChiefFan 05-30-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 7670320)
its a douche-off!

LMAO

Mr. Laz 05-30-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7670191)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 7670198)
Dis!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 7670320)
its a douche-off!

these

Digital Takawira 05-30-2011 09:42 PM

i didn't know that the raiders were playing the broncos this week....

banyon 05-30-2011 09:56 PM

If the kkk really wants to mess with them, they should switch sides and claim to be supporting them like that south park episode.