ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ahsoka Tano Show Is In Development at Disney+ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331383)

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2020 09:40 AM

Ahsoka Tano Show Is In Development at Disney+

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HnzNZ0Mdx4I" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 05-17-2020 09:54 AM

Nice! In for this fo sho

DANE MCCLOUD, COME ON DOWN!!!!

*Price is Right music blaring*

keg in kc 05-17-2020 10:38 AM

I posted about this in the Mando thread a month and a half ago.

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14975978)

Good for you but this article was published within the day, and your post was buried

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2020 11:59 AM

I heard about this happening way back in December and thought they’d announce this by March but with everything shutdown, the announcement timeline changed. I think it was pretty obvious that it was in the work since Ashoka was the main focus of Season 7 of The Clone Wars and her casting addition to The Mandalorian.

Dave Filoni is finally running his own Live-Action Star Wars TV series and it’s pretty clear that he’s the Heir To The Empire.

:D

keg in kc 05-17-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14975995)
Good for you but this article was published within the day, and your post was buried

Relax. Just letting you know it's actually old news.

mnchiefsguy 05-17-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14976061)
I heard about this happening way back in December and thought they’d announce this by March but with everything shutdown, the announcement timeline changed. I think it was pretty obvious that it was in the work since Ashoka was the main focus of Season 7 of The Clone Wars and her casting addition to The Mandalorian.

Dave Filoni is finally running his own Live-Action Star Wars TV series and it’s pretty clear that he’s the Heir To The Empire.

:D

Thank God for that. Filoni has a great relationship with Lucas too.

Have you watched the Maldalorian documentry on Disney +? Filoni talks about Duel of the Fates at the end of the second episode..and it really puts a different spin on the prequels, in a very good and compelling way.

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14976106)
Thank God for that. Filoni has a great relationship with Lucas too.

Have you watched the Maldalorian documentry on Disney +? Filoni talks about Duel of the Fates at the end of the second episode..and it really puts a different spin on the prequels, in a very good and compelling way.

Yes, I've watched all three episodes. I found the first and third episodes to be pretty compelling but the second episode, disjointed and kind of weird, outside of the end. Lucasfilm was already behind the 8-Ball in terms of Original Content when the service launched back in November and they're really scrambling to find some content - any content - which is why this particular program is airing at this point.

That said, I think it's really cool that they're actually showcasing their new "model" for Star Wars TV series and films moving forward: Putting together a disparate group of filmmakers, all working together to help each other achieve a singular vision, while working with each other in order to a reach that vision.

The one aspect that really hasn't been addressed is that Taika Waititi must have huge love for Star Wars. He recently made an Oscar Winning movie and before that, made a movie that grossed $854 Million at the box office in Thor: Ragnorak. Thor: Love & Thunder is next on the books for him in addition to being part of the Star War TV team AND co-writer and director of an upcoming Star Wars feature film! A guy with those credentials could pretty much do anything in the world of feature films for the next 5-8 years, no questions asked, but he's chosen to be a huge part of Star Wars moving forward.

I think that bodes well for the next iteration of the Star Wars universe.

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14976066)
Relax. Just letting you know it's actually old news.

Yeah, I'd been hinting at a 4th Star Wars TV series since November or December here but I didn't want to jump the gun in announcing it because these things are always tricky.

As an Oscar-Winning Producer told me back in 2006, "It's amazing when any film is completed and distributed in theaters", meaning that anything and everything can go wrong from start to finish.

007 05-18-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14975978)

Doesn't mean everyone saw it. Now it's official and gets its own thread. Now more people know.

bowener 05-18-2020 07:34 AM

Casting an A-list celebrity like Rosario Dawson makes even more sense in this light. I trust Filoni, but if they **** up her character it will probably be the end of my fandom for SW properties.

DaneMcCloud 05-18-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14977100)
Casting an A-list celebrity like Rosario Dawson makes even more sense in this light. I trust Filoni, but if they **** up her character it will probably be the end of my fandom for SW properties.

I have an extremely difficult time believing that Dave Filoni would mess anything up. He's spent well more than a decade working on Star Wars and the results have been fantastic, IMO.

Having recently watched every episode of The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, it's easy to see his growth as a storyteller. While TCW was a great series, Rebels was just phenomenal in my opinion because he wasn't afraid to make the difficult decisions regarding his creations.

Spoiler!

He's also grown as a director, which was done organically, first with George Lucas by his side on The Clone Wars and for the past few years, with Jon Favreau by his side while directing Live Action Star Wars for the first time.

He's going to be more than fine.

DJ's left nut 05-18-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14976155)
Yes, I've watched all three episodes. I found the first and third episodes to be pretty compelling but the second episode, disjointed and kind of weird, outside of the end. Lucasfilm was already behind the 8-Ball in terms of Original Content when the service launched back in November and they're really scrambling to find some content - any content - which is why this particular program is airing at this point.

Glad someone else sees it that way. I didn't get Disney+ but my wife decided to split it with her sister so whatever. The reason I didn't was that there just wasn't anything I'd watch after Mandalorian was over.

There's just nothing apart from the same shit I (or my kids) have already seen 100 times over. My daughter stumbled into some Tinkerbell rabbithole last weekend so that should buy us a couple of hours over the next few weeks while we're trying to make breakfast and take care of the twins/dogs.

But otherwise it's really just a clearinghouse for rentals or direct to DVD crap.

They need to get additional original content in a big way.

bowener 05-18-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14977362)
I have an extremely difficult time believing that Dave Filoni would mess anything up. He's spent well more than a decade working on Star Wars and the results have been fantastic, IMO.

Having recently watched every episode of The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, it's easy to see his growth as a storyteller. While TCW was a great series, Rebels was just phenomenal in my opinion because he wasn't afraid to make the difficult decisions regarding his creations.

Spoiler!

He's also grown as a director, which was done organically, first with George Lucas by his side on The Clone Wars and for the past few years, with Jon Favreau by his side while directing Live Action Star Wars for the first time.

He's going to be more than fine.

Everything you said I agree with. I think we are all safe as long as Filoni has his hands in any project. As for your spoiler, I think it was great. It was the perfect moment for both events to happen in the story and the overall growth of the protagonist.

DaneMcCloud 05-18-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14977484)
They need to get additional original content in a big way.

There's a ton of content in the pipeline but most of it was interrupted by the virus.

There are at least four new Marvel series including Falcon & The Winter Soldier, WandaVision, She-Hulk and Moon Night along with more Star Wars series in the Obi Wan series, Cassian Andor led Rebels series based off of Rogue One, Season 2 and 3 of The Mandalorian and now, the Ahsoka Tano series and a new "female centric" series in development. But until filming can be resumed, almost none of it can be realized.

There's still a lot of old content that my kids hadn't seen like the Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 30's, 40's and 50's, along with shorts with Mickey, Goofy, Donald. Pixar has a bunch of really great shorts and if your kids are into Star Wars, there's the Clone Wars series, Star Wars Rebels and the Lego series and shorts, which are far better than I expected.

The studios are trying to get production ramped up again but most people just don't want to be quarantined for 30 days or more in order to work. And it's not just the actors but the directors, producers, electricians, set builders, gaffers, etc. that just have no desire to leave their families for 4-8 weeks to live in quarantine while working at least 12 hours day in order to film.