ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The big epiphany for me regarding this weekend's game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320463)

Discuss Thrower 01-15-2019 11:59 AM

I'd feel better if there weren't an obvious lockout coming the season after next.

TwistedChief 01-15-2019 11:59 AM

Nice sentiment and all, but we’re going to win.

Frosty 01-15-2019 12:01 PM

I get what you are saying but I would be pretty devastated if the Chiefs lose to an aging and overrated patriots team next weekend at home. A loss in the SB would be easier to take (though still suck).

That said, I expected this team to be 7-9 to 9-7 due to a shit defense, a brutal schedule and growing pains by PM2 so this whole process as been pretty amazing.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2019 12:04 PM

Just need two more wins and I get to leave CP forever.

RunKC 01-15-2019 12:04 PM

One thing that is different about this year is we have been so fortunate not to have any devastating injuries.

This is such a great opportunity.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14040919)
Nice sentiment and all, but we’re going to win.

Oh we're going to win.

Skyy God 01-15-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14040915)
I'd feel better if there weren't an obvious lockout coming the season after next.

NFL coaching contracts are being written with the expectation of a 2021 work stoppage.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14040924)
I get what you are saying but I would be pretty devastated if the Chiefs lose to an aging and overrated patriots team next weekend at home. A loss in the SB would be easier to take (though still suck).

That said, I expected this team to be 7-9 to 9-7 due to a shit defense, a brutal schedule and growing pains by PM2 so this whole process as been pretty amazing.

I guess I'm drawing a line between disappointment and devastation.

I'll probably cry for a few minutes. Mope around on the way home and resume my life on Monday.

That's quite a bit different than being mad about it for months afterwards. ;)

htismaqe 01-15-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14040934)
One thing that is different about this year is we have been so fortunate not to have any devastating injuries.

This is such a great opportunity.

It's a golden opportunity.

Frazod 01-15-2019 12:07 PM

My entire attitude has changed since they scored that final touchdown on Saturday.

Up until then, I was a miserable, paranoid whipped dog, sure that somehow everything was going to go to shit - that there would be a lost fumble, or an interception, some sort of series of freak plays/bad calls/wide left/fifth down/whatever and it would all go sideways at the end.

Then, in an instant, the monkey was gone. The curse was lifted. Last week I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in shitty weather on Saturday.

It's like I've been freed from prison.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14040940)
NFL coaching contracts are being written with the expectation of a 2021 work stoppage.

THAT I had not heard. That's interesting.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14040946)
My entire attitude has changed since they scored that final touchdown on Saturday.

Up until then, I was a miserable, paranoid whipped dog, sure that somehow everything was going to go to shit - that there would be a lost fumble, or an interception, some sort of series of freak plays/bad calls/wide left/fifth down/whatever and it would all go sideways at the end.

Then, in an instant, the monkey was gone. The curse was lifted. Last week I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is driving in shitty weather on Saturday.

That's EXACTLY how I feel right now.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14040946)

Yep. Free from the curse of the coach that shall not be named. 1 game erased 31 years of chiefs and opened up a new outlook on the future. Just need two more games then my fandom is complete.

Eleazar 01-15-2019 12:10 PM

I agree with that. I think the game is about 50/50, wouldn't be surprised at anything that happens or that upset if we lose. I'll probably feel like the 2014 World Series again. Disappointed in a way, but mostly just excited for next year.

Well, I'll be upset at all the money I spent on it, but hey. There's no shame in losing to Brady and Belichick in the playoffs; everyone has.

The Pats are the past, and maybe still the present, but we are the future. This team is on the way up and it's not like our window is closing.

Chiefshrink 01-15-2019 12:11 PM

Don't let your anxiety get the best of you now thus making pre-reasons in order to ease your emotional pain IF we lose. Embrace the victory NOW mentally and emotionally because that is how Champions become CHAMPIONS !!

CHAMPIONS embrace and apply these 2 HUGE concepts mentioned in these 2 little verses from scripture whether they realize it or not.

Proverbs 29:18 - "Where there is no vision the people perish".

Proverbs 23:7 - "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he".

See the victory won by truly believing in your heart NOW !!!

This victory will happen 'htismaqe' just embrace it NOW !!:clap: