ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal Medical Pros to Testify on Trump's Mental Fitness for Office in Impeachment Hearings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326580)

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:14 AM

Med Pros Want to Testify on Trump's Mental Fitness for Office in Impeachment Hearings

WOW! This really is a SHOW TRIAL.
Using the Soviet tactic of charging of mental illness to attack disagreements in policy or disliking a leader's personal style.

These are the real sick people. I wonder if they hired cunninglingus to help with their analysis. :jester:

A group of medical experts who claim that President Trump's mental health makes him dangerous and unfit for office is seeking to testify during House impeachment proceedings.

The group, comprising four psychiatrists, a clinical neuropsychologist, a neurologist, and an internist, are planning to announce their availability next week to members of Congress and the media. They'll also be available to consult privately with members of Congress, with 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, or with members of Trump's cabinet.[<—so they're covering all their basis seeing if they can still work the 25th Amendment.]

Dr. Bandy Lee, a Yale School of Medicine psychiatrist, announced the group's plans to the Washington Examiner on Friday...

After asking the president to submit to a medical exam, and not hearing back, they concluded Trump does not have the sound mental capacity to function in his role as president and recommended Trump lose his war powers and access to nuclear weapons....

We don't believe there is the need for any further evaluation, and we are making ourselves available for the impeachment hearing because we believe that mental health issues will become critical as pressures from the impeachment hearings mount," Lee said. "In other words, the more successful the impeachment proceedings become, the more dangerous the psychological factors of the president will become."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...hment-hearings

This is a Violation of the Goldwater Rule
Section 7 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics, states this is unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements. (wikipedia)

Ah yes of course Yale is in there, where most of our our leading Establishment figures hail, who's policies many voters have been fed-up with as not representing them. Dr. Lee, I believe, is not even licensed. (more on her in next post)

The Republicans better bring their own expert witnesses to highlight their lack of professional ethics. Trump's own doctor said he was in good health already.

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:21 AM

Remember this?
White House physician Ronny Jackson on Tuesday said the idea that President Trump has mental health issues was “tabloid psychiatry,” dismissing a claim that some mental health experts are making even though they haven’t examined the president.

“People shouldn’t be making those types of assessments about the president unless they’ve had the opportunity to get to know him and examine him, and in my opinion, that’s just tabloid psychiatry and I’m not going to address it or fall into responding to those kinds of questions or accusations,” Jackson told reporters during Tuesday’s White House press briefing when asked to respond to doctors who have said they believe the president shows signs of dementia.

Jackson appeared before reporters to detail the results of Trump’s medical exam, which occurred Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md…

the American Psychiatric Association recently warned its members not to offer diagnostic opinions about public figures they haven’t examined, per a longstanding doctrine known as the “Goldwater Rule.”...

Lee is editor of The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, a book that presents the case that psychiatrists have a responsibility to warn the public when a president is dangerous and is president and co-founder of the World Mental Health Coalition, which works to educate the public and consults with public officials about leaders that show signs of "imminent or lasting danger."

https://www.psychsearch.net/bandy-lee/
It's up to voters to decide this, not technocrats, who think they know better. This would set a dangerous precedent. Such people could step in to overturn an election, simply because they don't like the results. I wonder if Dr. Lee is a ChiComm? She fits the bill.

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:24 AM

Let's see how many anti-Trumpers defend this tactic.

What Happens When Psychiatric Abuse Begins To Affect Politics
The abuse of psychiatry for political reasons has deep roots in myriad despotic regimes across time. We can't let it take further hold in our country.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/16...fect-politics/

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:26 AM

Oh and Snopes claims D. Lee does have a license but in a few other states, just not in the Connecticut where she uses her association with Yale to validate her opinions. If true, then she is subject to disciplinary action in those states for violating professional ethics under the Goldwater Rule. Then again, it's Snopes. So take it with a grain of salt.

mlyonsd 11-10-2019 08:37 AM

The article states the group is seeking to testify.

I doubt democrats allow that but it would be grand if they did.

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14583374)

Okay. That's bad enough and I don't trust Schiff on what does with their request. Meanwhile, the Democrats have the final say on what witnesses the GOP reps can call. That's pretty a Show Trial tactic too.

So if these medical people do get to testify, I bet the Democrats won't allow the GOP to even allow the WH physician who actually examined Trump, to testify. It's rigged all the way around.

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 08:50 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if these people could be Schiff's last minute surprise so the Rs can't mount an effective defense being caught unprepared?

banecat 11-10-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14583397)
I wouldn't be surprised if these people could be Schiff's last minute surprise so the Rs can't mount an effective defense being caught unprepared?

Don't be surprised if the GOPe turns their backs on him. If they think that they've gotten all of the use out of him that they're gonna get...
And it goes to the argument that it's not a sham. That enough of them think that there's something there. The real sham is that they all do shit just like this. But he's not a member of the club, and so they're gonna make him pay

If this was a complete sham, they'd have waited until after 2020 when they knew that it'd be easier to get the republicans on board with them after his name no longer appears at the top of their ticket anymore

BucEyedPea 11-10-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14583374)

BTW, why would it be grand?

banecat 11-10-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14583503)
BTW, why would it be grand?

Trump might be able to sue them in the same way that Barry did after losing in 64? And Trump will have an army of attorneys down on the hill. They'll put a stop to this shit really quick

Prison Bitch 11-10-2019 10:41 AM

In other words, the more successful the impeachment proceedings become, the more dangerous the psychological factors of the president will become."

Ah, the old classic: self fulfilling prophecy.

Reminds me of the Kavanaugh one. You know, accuse a man falsely of gang rape on national tv and then claim he’s “disturbed” when he’s angered by it.

philfree 11-10-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14583477)
Don't be surprised if the GOPe turns their backs on him. If they think that they've gotten all of the use out of him that they're gonna get...
And it goes to the argument that it's not a sham. That enough of them think that there's something there. The real sham is that they all do shit just like this. But he's not a member of the club, and so they're gonna make him pay

If this was a complete sham, they'd have waited until after 2020 when they knew that it'd be easier to get the republicans on board with them after his name no longer appears at the top of their ticket anymore

Yeah any Pubs that would turn on Trump won't be re-elected. I sure as hell won't vote for anyone who does.

banecat 11-10-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14583588)
Yeah any Pubs that would turn on Trump won't be re-elected. I sure as hell won't vote for anyone who does.

You're gonna vote libertarian? Dem? No ya wont. You'll vote for Pence

philfree 11-10-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14583609)
You're gonna vote libertarian? Dem? No ya wont. You'll vote for Pence

You're right about not voting for a Dem but besides that you don't know jack shit about what I might do. You one of these psychologist diagnosing people they've never met? Brilliant!

banecat 11-10-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14583630)
You're right about not voting for a Dem but besides that you don't know jack shit about what I might do. You one of these psychologist diagnosing people they've never met? Brilliant!

No. But it's funny that you do try to do the exact same thing that you just accused me of