ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Enough already! What's the deal with Sutton? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313207)

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13357075)
He isn't going anywhere. They aren't going to make an announcement that they are keeping their defensive coordinator. That would show that they are acknowledging that there was a possibility of him being fired.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

You don't think it's a bit odd that bieniemy was hired as offensive coordinator and Childress, a respected football guy, is retiring and the Chiefs have said nothing except through a press release?

If the Chiefs were committed to Sutton, they'd say something. Let the chatter fizzle. Then address questions. They're not going to wait for a mob to form before they make the announcement. They have been unusually quiet. And they have not at all denied the rampant rumors that Suttons job is in jeopardy.

bigjosh 01-12-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13357093)
You don't think it's a bit odd that bieniemy was hired as offensive coordinator and Childress, a respected football guy, is retiring and the Chiefs have said nothing except through a press release?

If the Chiefs were committed to Sutton, they'd say something. Let the chatter fizzle. Then address questions. They're not going to wait for a mob to form before they make the announcement. They have been unusually quiet. And they have not at all denied the rampant rumors that Suttons job is in jeopardy.

If they are keeping Sutton, there is nothing to be addressed. Did nagy have a press conference last year?

KranzDictum 01-12-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13356912)
He's probably staying. That the deal. They didn't have good enough players and he's getting a pass.

It is true.

I sure hope Andy can's Sutton's ass, he has elevated his D's over the years considering he had to flesh out the D with bums like Gaines and Ford and get through major injuries to guys like Houston and Berry.

Please fire him and let him go to an NFC team, then bring in someone who will play more zone and take the focus away from turnovers.

The latest choke was as much on Dorsey for hamstringing the cap and letting the depth atrophy. Peters is good at ball hawking but he doesn't want to tackle, Houston is the next best player and he has lost a step, can't beat guys to the outside anymore and has a pitch count on pass rushes a game, Berry is probably the most complete player on the D but he wasn't there. Jones is a good starter but after he left the game there was no one to make a stop. There is no one else of note on the D, Revis should be embarrassed for cashing his check, he and DJ are done.

ILChief 01-12-2018 08:28 PM

Who is our QB coach?

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13357145)
If they are keeping Sutton, there is nothing to be addressed. Did nagy have a press conference last year?

Yes there is. A simple statement that Sutton will coach the Chiefs in 2018. That's all it would take to shut off the rumor mill . The Chiefs did not hide from anyone in previous years. Nagy was plenty available last year at the pro bowl. The Chiefs have been unusually quiet since the shake-ups. Has anyone heard a single mouse peep out of Reid, Veach, or Hunt except for a few press releases?

The Chiefs have not confirmed or denied. There are two strong candidates with an extremely strong connection to the Chiefs. Neither are on the market. Hell, Spags worked for Andy Reid and shares the same agent.

dlphg9 01-12-2018 09:37 PM

Fat Andy is going to keep him and if he does he needs fired.

bigjosh 01-12-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13357185)
Yes there is. A simple statement that Sutton will coach the Chiefs in 2018. That's all it would take to shut off the rumor mill . The Chiefs did not hide from anyone in previous years. Nagy was plenty available last year at the pro bowl. The Chiefs have been unusually quiet since the shake-ups. Has anyone heard a single mouse peep out of Reid, Veach, or Hunt except for a few press releases?

The Chiefs have not confirmed or denied. There are two strong candidates with an extremely strong connection to the Chiefs. Neither are on the market. Hell, Spags worked for Andy Reid and shares the same agent.

Perhaps Andy thinks giving up 22 points in a playoff game isn't that bad.

Like I said earlier, if they address the situation in a presser they are admitting something is wrong. If they don't address it then it gives the impression of business as usual. The internet cries have already died down, and after this weekend will be almost gone. I think Sutton is getting a pass this year, but it may be his final hoo rah if the defense doesn't get their shit together.

Trust me, I would like to be wrong. I don't think I am though.

We can still hope.

wazu 01-12-2018 09:54 PM

Eh, he’s alright. Only announcement I care about is Smith gone.

thabear04 01-12-2018 09:55 PM

Nothing to deal with this post but hopefully West and Cam Erving doesn’t smoke with Bowe. Since they’re hanging out with him in Miami.

bigjosh 01-12-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 13357239)
Nothing to deal with this post but hopefully West and Cam Erving doesn’t smoke with Bowe. Since they’re hanging out with him in Miami.

Do they drug test in the off season?

thabear04 01-12-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13357264)
Do they drug test in the off season?

I'm assuming not to sure.

Tribal Warfare 01-12-2018 10:46 PM

We could break the internet like for change like Greg Robinson debacle and make his family so emotionally damaged they demand him to quit

pugsnotdrugs19 01-12-2018 11:14 PM

They don't necessarily need to release a statement themselves, but usually these kinds of things get leaked to an insider like Rapoport or Schefter and they let it out that the guy is keeping his job.

bigjosh 01-12-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13357308)
They don't necessarily need to release a statement themselves, but usually these kinds of things get leaked to an insider like Rapoport or Schefter and they let it out that the guy is keeping his job.

Maybe I'm just conditioned to expect the worst. [emoji23]

pugsnotdrugs19 01-12-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13357316)
Maybe I'm just conditioned to expect the worst. [emoji23]

It's fair to do so, I personally think the odds are maybe 5% that he's getting fired now.