ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

bowener 05-08-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 6743301)
apples to apples?
reach in first round @ 25 vs. reach in second @ 50..............nope

This is what everybody with a brain is arguing most about.

Yes, he may very well turn out to be a terrific player for the Broncos, but the point is still that they could have sat on their hands and waited to draft him in the late 2nd (still a reach, especially after we saw how far the other QBs fell). Meanwhile they could have drafted a mid or late 1st round talent that they badly need and not have given up any of their other picks really.

That is the main argument to me. It was a stupid FO move to draft him there. Seems like they had an unspoken deal to make this kid rich or something... I wonder if when McDaniels is shit canned if he has a job waiting for him in Florida?

Quesadilla Joe 05-08-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6746114)
This is what everybody with a brain is arguing most about.

Yes, he may very well turn out to be a terrific player for the Broncos, but the point is still that they could have sat on their hands and waited to draft him in the late 2nd (still a reach, especially after we saw how far the other QBs fell). Meanwhile they could have drafted a mid or late 1st round talent that they badly need and not have given up any of their other picks really.

That is the main argument to me. It was a stupid FO move to draft him there. Seems like they had an unspoken deal to make this kid rich or something... I wonder if when McDaniels is shit canned if he has a job waiting for him in Florida?

Ed Werder was asked on Denver radio if he thought the Tebow pick was a reach and he said it wasn't. He said that every GM he talked to thought that Tebow would go somewhere in the 20's. Only dumbasses like Mel Kiper and McShay thought Tebow wasn't going to be a first round pick.

Quesadilla Joe 05-08-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 6745964)
Broncos' Ronald Fields arrested

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 8, 2010 4:23 PM ET

Denver Broncos defensive tackle Ronald Fields was arrested Friday night in Houston, Josina Anderson of Fox 31 is reporting.

Anderson reports that Fields was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Fields was booked and posted $1,000 bond. The Broncos told Fox 31 they have no comment.

Fields started all 16 games for the Broncos last season. From 2005 to 2008 he played for the San Francisco 49ers.

He is our second string NT. No biggie.

scorpio 05-08-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6746140)
He is our second string NT. No biggie.

He probably won't even get a suspension, it's a misdemeanor and might get plead down further.

MoreLemonPledge 05-09-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6746138)
Ed Werder was asked on Denver radio if he thought the Tebow pick was a reach and he said it wasn't. He said that every GM he talked to thought that Tebow would go somewhere in the 20's. Only dumbasses like Mel Kiper and McShay thought Tebow wasn't going to be a first round pick.

Wasn't the general consensus that Clausen would be a first round pick? And McCoy an early-mid second rounder?

Tebow was a reach. If they wanted him, they could have probably gotten him somewhere between where Clausen and McCoy were drafted.

RealSNR 05-09-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6746138)

Did YOU think he was going to be a first round pick?

Something tells me if we had asked you this a week before the draft you would have said no.

Quesadilla Joe 05-09-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6747004)
Did YOU think he was going to be a first round pick?

Something tells me if we had asked you this a week before the draft you would have said no.

I didn't think he would have lasted to Denver's second round pick. And I wasn't upset at all when we traded up to get him.

I was dumbfounded last year when we traded a first round pick for Alphonso Smith last year.

lostcause 05-09-2010 01:09 AM

oh come on, nobody thinks this guy can actually play qb in the nfl do they? i mean, really?

see: wikipedia.ericcrouch

Ebolapox 05-09-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6743264)
http://www.denverpost.com/broncoshea...mpaign=twitter

BEST. ARTICLE. EVER.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

do they know how to fact-check? brady was drafted and went to the patriots in 2000. ****ing morons.

Ebolapox 05-09-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6743406)
What's going to happen when Tebow loses his first game? His second game? What about 4 losses in a row? What if he loses a playoff game? Is he going to cry? Is he going to hold a soft bitch press conference? Is he going to kill himself? What?

his scars remind him that the past is real. he tears his heart open just to feel (/papa roach)

he'll go all emo and start wearing all black, cutting himself with a razor blade like a teenage emo bitch.

The Bad Guy 05-09-2010 11:05 AM

I think it's hilarious that he's using Woody Paige as a reference. Woody Paige is about the dumbest mother ****er to live. It figures you would adore him, loser.

The Bad Guy 05-09-2010 11:05 AM

You know who else had the "it" factor? Scott Frost. Maybe him and Tebow can share stories.

Bane 05-09-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:
Twatter.com/fukkthedonks. Josh McShortbus......
I seriously fukked up leaving New England.I have no fukkn idea what the hell I'm doing.....Timmy Tebow in the first round!!!!! I know!!!!!!!!! End Quote:

FD 05-09-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6743406)
What's going to happen when Tebow loses his first game? His second game? What about 4 losses in a row? What if he loses a playoff game? Is he going to cry? Is he going to hold a soft bitch press conference? Is he going to kill himself? What?

The strange thing about Tebow is, he has never faced any adversity in his career. He's always been surrounded by the 5 star recruits, dominant lines, unbelievable skill players and great defenses. I think he only led a single 4th quarter comeback in his entire college career, and he ended with a terrible game in last year's SEC championship.

I just don't see the "leadership" or "winner" thing, when you compare him to other great college QB's. His record as a starter was 35-6 with no undefeated seasons. Matt Leinart and Vince Young know what its like to actually be a "winner" and had to make comebacks along the line to do so.

If Denver is relying on overcoming his mechanical problems and taking advantage of his "intangibles" I just don't see there being very much upside there.

Quesadilla Joe 05-09-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante (Post 6747372)
The strange thing about Tebow is, he has never faced any adversity in his career. He's always been surrounded by the 5 star recruits, dominant lines, unbelievable skill players and great defenses. I think he only led a single 4th quarter comeback in his entire college career, and he ended with a terrible game in last year's SEC championship.

I just don't see the "leadership" or "winner" thing, when you compare him to other great college QB's. His record as a starter was 35-6 with no undefeated seasons. Matt Leinart and Vince Young know what its like to actually be a "winner" and had to make comebacks along the line to do so.

If Denver is relying on overcoming his mechanical problems and taking advantage of his "intangibles" I just don't see there being very much upside there.

Matt Leinart and Vince Young played in easy ass conferences compared to where Tebow played.

Tim Tebow was drafted by the best QB coach in the NFL. I think Josh McDaniels would know a whole lot more about Tebow's upside than you or anyone else here.