ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Starcraft II! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163255)

Taco John 04-28-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8575448)
If any of you like to watch high level Starcraft II games between top pros, there are a bunch of those guys involved in a French tournament called Iron Squid and the videos can be found here:

http://www.ironsquid.tv/show/

There are 12 Koreans, 7 Europeans and 1 American involved. The Koreans are kicking ass as usual.

NESTEA FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc 11-14-2012 12:36 AM

Only taking them 3 years...

Heart of the Swarm officially announced to hit on March 12, 2013.

I still haven't played through all of Wings of Liberty.

details: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-by-battle-net

patteeu 11-14-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9117499)
Only taking them 3 years...

Heart of the Swarm officially announced to hit on March 12, 2013.

I still haven't played through all of Wings of Liberty.

details: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-by-battle-net

I'm in.

RedDread 03-12-2013 02:34 AM

Look at that. A game with always online DRM that works at launch. It's a miracle!!!!

Single player is pretty fun so far, just got to the point where the Zerg missions start in earnest.

patteeu 03-12-2013 07:33 AM

My copy should be coming in the mail later today. I can't wait to give the single player a try.

Gravedigger 03-13-2013 08:47 PM

I've only gotten to play it for two hours but through 4 missions, impressive. I never played the Zerg in Wings of Liberty so its like a whole new game for me. I liked playing the Terran better, but hopefully I'll catch on pretty soon.

Spoiler!

patteeu 03-13-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9495515)
I've only gotten to play it for two hours but through 4 missions, impressive. I never played the Zerg in Wings of Liberty so its like a whole new game for me. I liked playing the Terran better, but hopefully I'll catch on pretty soon.

Once you catch on to Zerg, it will be a lot better. I like the way Zerg builds all of it's units from the same building and the way the queens work. Build lots of drones!

Gravedigger 03-13-2013 11:11 PM

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out is the order of it all. Not only is it learning the Zergs strengths but I haven't played Starcraft 2 in a year and a half, so it's getting used to the hotkeys all over again etc.

Gravedigger 03-14-2013 12:19 PM

You know its bad when you have to rely on SimCity because you can't log into Blizzard's games because the region is not updated. :shake:

GoShox 03-17-2013 01:26 AM

Not sure how many here play competitively but it's a lot more fun than Wings of Liberty was IMO. Game is a lot more macro-based which leads to better players winning more often

The campaign is really fun, although the story is lacking for me.

patteeu 03-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9507862)
Not sure how many here play competitively but it's a lot more fun than Wings of Liberty was IMO. Game is a lot more macro-based which leads to better players winning more often

The campaign is really fun, although the story is lacking for me.

I think you mean to say micro not macro, right?

I have no idea how to deal with early game widow mines yet, other than to lead with a sacrificial unit out front.

Bump 03-17-2013 11:19 AM

I used to play SC and SC2 almost competitively. But **** actiblizzard. They wont get another cent from me after where their direction has obviously went with Diablo 3. They are just about making games dumbed down like a mother****er to appeal to the masses. Plus the new battlenet sucks ass.

GoShox 03-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9508275)
I think you mean to say micro not macro, right?

I have no idea how to deal with early game widow mines yet, other than to lead with a sacrificial unit out front.

Nah, I feel it's more macro based, at least from a Protoss perspective. The Mothership Core allows you to get away with really greedy builds. My PvZ is basically taking a third off like a Stalker and a Zealot and using the Mother Ship Core to defend if they try to break it. Plus it's pretty amazing at dealing with Terran drops. Widow Mines are also kinda the same, if you wanna break a Terran you either need a Robo or Oracle, and you still have to micro it pretty well. Zerg is also about being as greedy as possible and Swarm Hosts help them out with that.

I played a lot in the beta and got some games in with good players so it was fun. I haven't had much time to play so far but hoping to dive into it pretty soon.

patteeu 03-17-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9508540)
Nah, I feel it's more macro based, at least from a Protoss perspective. The Mothership Core allows you to get away with really greedy builds. My PvZ is basically taking a third off like a Stalker and a Zealot and using the Mother Ship Core to defend if they try to break it. Plus it's pretty amazing at dealing with Terran drops. Widow Mines are also kinda the same, if you wanna break a Terran you either need a Robo or Oracle, and you still have to micro it pretty well. Zerg is also about being as greedy as possible and Swarm Hosts help them out with that.

I played a lot in the beta and got some games in with good players so it was fun. I haven't had much time to play so far but hoping to dive into it pretty soon.

Oh, OK. I thought you were talking about the fact that many of the new units were casters that require micromanagement and that some of the other changes (like medivac speed and void ray high beam) do too. Those things also separate the really good players from the 1A hacks like me.