ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265204)

T-post Tom 10-15-2012 10:28 PM

Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now

Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now

Earlier today we did this post wondering what in the heck has happened to Steve Breaston. The KC Chiefs receiver has had 10 combined snaps in the last two games. Not exactly the snaps you'd like to see from a guy over a year removed from a five-year contract.

Despite being listed ahead of Jon Baldwin on the depth chart, Breaston is a backup. This according to Romeo Crennel in Monday's press conference.

"Steve is a backup wide receiver right now," Crennel said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs. "And the number of reps he gets, I don't know how many he's going to get or when he's going to be called on and when he's going to be needed.

"And we've talked about it and I said you just have to be ready when you're called on and do the best you can when you get called. And that's the way every backup on the team has to do it. There are a lot of backups on the team that don't get reps, but if they get called on they have to go in and play."

Note that he said he's talked to Breaston about it.

This might make the upcoming trade deadline a little more interesting.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...ckup-right-now

Hammock Parties 10-15-2012 10:30 PM

Gotta get the guys who suck on the field, I like what Romeo is doing to make sure we go 1-15.

In58men 10-15-2012 10:31 PM

Best decision we've made all season.

I smell 1st pick

CoMoChief 10-15-2012 10:33 PM

This team has done crazier shit in recent past....but yeah I don't understand this one bit.

It'd help if we had a passing game...a QB that could spread the ball around.

But we don't....that's why it's always Bowe or McCluster/checkdown to RB.

Our TE's have been invisible this season. Moeaki just flat out sucks this season. Jon Baldwin maybe gets looked at a couple times a game.

The whole entire offense is in shambles right now....something I never would have thought at the beginning of the season. It all starts at QB and the Oline, and the Oline other than the Buffalo game hasn't really been a problem. The only bright side is Charles and yes our coaching staff has ran him into the ground at times, but they also do crazy shit like give it to Draughn a whole bunch.

Phobia 10-15-2012 10:35 PM

If only Breaston ran shorter routes.

BryanBusby 10-15-2012 10:35 PM

I sure hope Pioli continues to control the gameday lineup.....

This is ****ing reeruned.

rabblerouser 10-15-2012 10:35 PM

well, Breaston is a Haley guy, you know.

PioLLLLLi's ego dictates that Jon Baldwin drop one handed attempts to catch perfectly thrown passes...

You know, it's not a good look for old P-hole if Haley's guy winds up leading the team in catches (as he most assuredly would be at this point, were he getting DMac's reps...)

MeatRock 10-15-2012 10:36 PM

McCluster seems to be invaluable to Daboll and Romeo or Breaston took a shit in Daboll's cheerios.

rabblerouser 10-15-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9018938)
If only Breaston ran shorter routes.

Zing!

rabblerouser 10-15-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9018941)
McCluster seems to be invaluable to Daboll and Romeo or Breaston took a shit in Daboll's cheerios.

Naw, Breaston was Haley's guy, plain and simple. He's not gettig reps for that reason and that reason alone. Crennel is lying through his flabby tits if he thinks that no one can see that.

kushed god 10-15-2012 10:46 PM

^EXACTLY, breaston is a haley guy and pioli is just ****ing with him. hes better then mccluster and baldwin.

Titty Meat 10-15-2012 10:47 PM

Is there a guy Pioli has signed as a free agent that's been good for more than 1 season?

Priest31kc 10-15-2012 10:50 PM

Feel bad for Breaston. Just rotting away on this shit team...

rabblerouser 10-15-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9018964)
^EXACTLY, breaston is a haley guy and PioLLLLLi is just ****ing with him. hes better then mccluster and baldwin.

at this point, it has to be the case. He has more size/ability than d-Mac and more experience/awareness than Baldwin. Not having him on the field is STUPID, if only that his presence would be a benefit to Quinn/CasseLLLLL, for the above reasons - he provides a bigger target than d-Mac and he has better moves and awareness and is able to find seams in secondary zones better than Baldwin. Which would free up Bowe and also stretch the D to open up holes for the RBs. So far all I've really seen from Baldwin is that he really likes to try and see if he can catch that ball with one hand on fly routes.

This whole thing is SO STUPID.

Jeebus, I'm glad I found this place.

KCrockaholic 10-15-2012 10:56 PM

It's pretty sad that he's not getting any playing time. He's a solid WR in this league. Plus we paid him pretty well for him to be sitting on the bench. Right now he's praying for a trade to Pittsburgh. Unfortunately for him, their WR's are insane.