ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273685)

Marco Polo 06-09-2013 06:49 AM

Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam

Alright CP travelers, I just made it to Brussels after spending a week in Paris for a three-week class for grad school. We will be in Brussels for a week followed by Amsterdam for a week.

Brussels/Amsterdam- who has some good experiences, pubs, places to eat and see they wish to share to give me some tips? Same with things to avoid.

Any help is appreciated!

Ace Gunner 06-09-2013 06:53 AM

Love Club 21. This brothel offers only Thai women, the best around. Their prices are affordable, and you do not even have to have sex if you choose not to. They give full body massages and sex or even just the massages if you choose too. Koestraat 21, 1012 BW Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Yab Yum. This is by far the most famous brothel in Amsterdam. This brothel was only for exclusive clients, and well to do people who could afford to go there went. Entry to this brothel was 70 euros and this included one drink and your entrance to the club. The women there are said to charge around 300 euros an hour. Singel 295, 1012 WH Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Ace Gunner 06-09-2013 06:57 AM

Delve into the past of the city at the Amsterdam Museum (formerly the Amsterdam Historisch Museum), which maps the last eight centuries of urban evolution using quirky found objects like 700-year-old shoes. Next, hop over to the Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder ('Our Lord in the Attic'), a charming hidden church in the Red Light District that has been recently restored to its 17th century glory. Round off your day with a trip to the Joods Historisch Museum in the old Jewish quarter. Housed in four former synagogues, it's crammed with photos, painting and artefacts exploring the history of Judaism in the Netherlands. There is an excellent children's wing, full of interactive exhibits and, predictably, the cafe does a mean bagel.

Ace Gunner 06-09-2013 06:58 AM

the city is beautiful this time of year. have fun.

Marco Polo 06-09-2013 07:14 AM

Awesome, thanks! Are the women in the brothels clean? I have heard two completely different answers. Any particular other areas in Amsterdam to hang out at besides the Red Light District?

Ace Gunner 06-09-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9738737)
Awesome, thanks! Are the women in the brothels clean? I have heard two completely different answers. Any particular other areas in Amsterdam to hang out at besides the Red Light District?

it's been years since I was last there, but I recommend those brothels. the thai girls are very cool and get a massage too -- that will loosen you up. yab yum is expensive, but best euro women in town. the amsterdam museum is a cool visit too.

prhom 06-09-2013 07:46 AM

Brussels: drink lots of Belgian beer, the Atomium is interesting, and the famous Mannequin Pis fountain is here. Not as much of interest from a sightseeing perspective here.

Amsterdam: the Van Gogh museum is worth seeing, rent a bike for a day or two and just ride around the old part of town. You can easily cover everything by bike and lets you get a feel for the city.

whoman69 06-09-2013 09:10 AM

I lived in Brussels for two years when I was stationed at NATO HQ, or as it is known there OTAN. Everything revolves around the Grand Place. The Manneken Pis is there. There is also a female version of the statue as well. Mini-Europe might be worth the trip as well.

beach tribe 06-09-2013 09:19 AM

Dont buy drugs other than weed from legitimate shops.
Its all fake..........or so Im told.
Nahmsayin.
Got an awesome Amsterdam story I'll tell you later.

whoman69 06-09-2013 10:14 AM

Bring your umbrella.

hometeam 06-09-2013 10:32 AM

Uhhh.. your asking what there is to do in AMSTERDAM?

Demolish whores and smoke the finest pot in the world. There is no other choice~

patteeu 06-09-2013 12:50 PM

The Amsterdam Public Library system has lots of good books if you like to read. Most of them are in Dutch though.

AphexPhin 06-09-2013 01:28 PM

I wouldnt want to go to Paris cause I hear the French hate Americans (at least according to my friends that went there)

Amsterdam would be dope though (no pun intended lol)

AphexPhin 06-09-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9738911)
Uhhh.. your asking what there is to do in AMSTERDAM?

Demolish whores and smoke the finest pot in the world. There is no other choice~

lol very true. Its seems pretty obvious

Bewbies 06-09-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9739195)
I wouldnt want to go to Paris cause I hear the French hate Americans (at least according to my friends that went there)

Amsterdam would be dope though (no pun intended lol)

Your friend must be a dick and blamed it on being American. Frenchies are cool.

scho63 06-09-2013 06:57 PM

Amsterdam
They just reopened the Rijksmuseum after a multi-year renovation. I was there is 1985 and it was great. Just like the Van Gogh museum-a good choice
https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en

Take a tour of the Heineken Brewery

Go listen to great music at the Melkweg, a fantastic place with large amounts of pot and hash shared
http://www.melkweg.nl/voorpagina.jsp...plineid=muziek

Brussels
INCREDIBLE chocolate just like their great beers. Go to a fancy chocolate shop and drink some specialized beers you can not get here like some Trappist or Abbey, Duvel-which I really like, or any of the Belgium only breweries.

You may want to steal a few of the beautiful stemware you get with your beers-I took so many steins and mugs when I left Europe in 1985

Shopping in the Grand Palace is pretty cool as well.

have fun it's a great place.

SPATCH 06-09-2013 07:53 PM

Couple of suggestions that aren't obvious.

Brussels: there is a tall parking garage that allows you to go to the top level for free that gives you a view of the entire city. The building is called "Parking 58".

There is a park behind the EU parliament building. By the park is a little place called Maison Antoine with some of the best frites I have ever had. Grab a beer from one of the nearby bars and enjoy.

Amsterdam: the museums, weed, and whores are amazing. Have a picnic at Vondelpark. Bring a joint.

KC Jones 06-09-2013 08:41 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KXDtQcuA5Bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bambi 06-09-2013 08:56 PM

I was just in Amsterdam in April. Great city. The Rijks museum just reopened after a 10 year renovation so definitely worth checking out. The smart shops will sell you real mushrooms and Molly if you ask but they aren't "on display". Otherwise just go to the clubs and get real ecstasy which is pretty common and really good.

The best club in Amsterdam is Trouw. http://www.trouwamsterdam.nl/en/ We went to see Sven Vath spin and it was incredible. People will be a bit hesitate of you in the beginning since you are American but just give them some time and they'll warm up to you. They hate the British so as long as you don't act like a drunken reerun like the English do you should be fine.

JD10367 06-10-2013 12:09 AM

Amsterdam: the obvious (Red Light district, canal boats, Anne Frank house). I enjoyed a funky mini cat refuge on a houseboat called the Poezenboot.

Didn't get to Brussels but I hear there's not much to see. If you can, take a side trip to Bruges; one of the most beautiful little medieval cities there is.

SPATCH 06-10-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9740632)
Amsterdam: the obvious (Red Light district, canal boats, Anne Frank house). I enjoyed a funky mini cat refuge on a houseboat called the Poezenboot.

Didn't get to Brussels but I hear there's not much to see. If you can, take a side trip to Bruges; one of the most beautiful little medieval cities there is.

Definitely try to go to Bruges.

I was on a budget for my trip. I took a morning train from Brussels to Bruges, walked the entire city, sat down at a cafe in the city square, had a nice meal, watched the sun set, and caught an evening train back to Brussels. Bruges is a wonderful city. Very scenic.

Marco Polo 06-11-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9740753)
Definitely try to go to Bruges.

I was on a budget for my trip. I took a morning train from Brussels to Bruges, walked the entire city, sat down at a cafe in the city square, had a nice meal, watched the sun set, and caught an evening train back to Brussels. Bruges is a wonderful city. Very scenic.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I think we are going to take an early train to Bruges on Friday morning and try and make it back by early afternoon so we can hit up a few museums.

Frosty 06-11-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9739664)
Your friend must be a dick and blamed it on being American. Frenchies are cool.

When my mom and brother went to France a few years ago, they had no problems at all in Paris. My son is going to Paris next week, so I guess I'll get another, more recent view but it does seem like the "rude French" thing is overblown.