ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9468028)
No, it would be addressing the complete failure of this franchise to address the QB position over the last 40 years.

If you have 2 starting QB's then you don't have 1 good one. They will never invest that much into the QB position nor should they.

Bowser 03-05-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9468033)
The franchise's history in preceding decades has exactly nothing to do with anyone associated with the Chiefs today. Not even Clark.

True, except for the gaping hole of talent at quarterback on this team.

Bowser 03-05-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9468041)
If you have 2 starting QB's then you don't have 1 good one. They will never invest that much into the QB position nor should they.

What other position would you have them throw money at?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

You are dumb as ****.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers meant the Packers didn't have a a good one?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468047)
You are dumb as ****.

Damn, you are an angry little man when people disagree with you.

Favre was in his mid 30s when Rodgers was drafted and "Retired" for his first time only 2 seasons later. Hardly the same circumstance at all.

Now if Favre was brought into the Packers the year Rodgers was drafted you would have an argument. But that would have been a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468058)
Damn, you are an angry little man when people disagree with you.

Favre was in his mid 30s when Rodgers was drafted and "Retired" for his first time only 2 seasons later. Hardly the same circumstance at all.

They weren't two starting QBs on the same roster? Really?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468063)
They weren't two starting QBs on the same roster? Really?

Again, if Alex Smith were 7 years older and closer to retirement, you would have an argument. As it stands, this comparison is just not comparable at all.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468078)
Again, if Alex Smith were 7 years older and closer to retirement, you would have an argument. As it stands, this comparison is just not comparable at all.

Uhhhh no. He simply stated that have 2 starting QBs on your roster means that you don't have a good one. He didn't clarify age or anything of that nature.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9468000)
It would be monumentally stupid to draft him now that they have 2 seconds wrapped up in Smith, or whatever it is. The team has too many holes to do something crazy like spend 4 or 5 second round picks worth of value on the starting and backup QBs - not to mention wrapping $15 million or more in cap space up by acquiring a luxury backup.

Trading down is the only thing that makes any kind of sense. If Geno was their guy, they'd have not purposed to not only look into Alex Smith but to WIN the bidding for him, and to do so at a price that made most people balk.

And the idea they got Smith to go for this and then will bring in someone to challenge him for the job is equally dumb.

We haven't even heard details of the contract extension Smith has agreed to yet. Once that comes out, this will be even more silly.

You guys are imbeciles. It's the most important position on the field. Throw as many resources as you can till it's fixed. It's the one position where if you have an elite player you can win a championship with a flawed team.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468093)
Uhhhh no. He simply stated that have 2 starting QBs on your roster means that you don't have a good one. He didn't clarify age or anything of that nature.

Well, I did. The move made sense for a team with an aging QB.

Drafting Geno Smith doesn't. I am sorry you don't like it, but I will bet dollars to donuts it simply doesn't happen.

Lex Luthor 03-05-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

That would be as stupid as having Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick on the same team.

Or Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson.

Or RG3 and Kirk Cousins.

What a stupid plan that would be. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan are all idiots.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9467989)
Not at all. It's an investment towards the future. Alex SMith will be 29 when the season starts, and has played 16 games a season only twice in his career. Sounds like a solid backup is a necessary thing with this guy.

I guess we'll know once (if) the trade actually goes through what they really think. If Alex is THE GUY with nobody to push him, they will tear up his contract and re-sign him to a fat new one.

so first you think they will trade a draft using major resources in the same year for 1 position.

then you still cling to maybe the trade won't happen

keep hope alive, man. LMAO

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468099)
You guys are imbeciles. It's the most important position on the field. Throw as many resources as you can till it's fixed. It's the one position where if you have an elite player you can win a championship with a flawed team.

Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jaws Jaworski, Jim Hart, and Steve Grogan all disagree with you.

Meanwhile Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, and Brad Johnson agree with you.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468058)

Now if Favre was brought into the Packers the year Rodgers was drafted you would have an argument. But that would have been a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it?

Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but ......look at the results

Rodgers got to chillax and learn a couple seasons behind a legend...who is to say he didn't learn a TON from favre......

Does your question just assume the results would be the same? Or is there any acknowledgement that playing behind favre a couple seasons couldve helped rodgers a lot?

Lex Luthor 03-05-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468100)
Well, I did. The move made sense for a team with an aging QB.

Drafting Geno Smith doesn't. I am sorry you don't like it, but I will bet dollars to donuts it simply doesn't happen.

So the Redskins invested two #1s, a #2, and a #4 in two rookie quarterbacks. What imbeciles THEY are!

Or maybe they understand the value of the quarterback position a little better than you do.

TribalElder 03-05-2013 05:25 PM

Dorsey just cheesed out on the radio when Kevin K asked about drafting a QB.

Never say never

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9468117)
So the Redskins invested two #1s, a #2, and a #4 in two rookie quarterbacks. What imbeciles THEY are!

Or maybe they understand the value of the quarterback position a little better than you do.

I never stated they were imbeciles. However, if you are using the Redskins as your template, I can only think of three or four franchises who have done worse than they have in off season acquisitions as compared to expected results since Daniel Snyder has purchased the team.

I am not saying having two good QBs is a bad thing. I am saying the Chiefs are not going to use their #1 to get another QB after just acquiring their starter. They will want an immediate impact player for the number one pick of the draft - it will be expected.

Is it the right thing? I don't know. I know it is speculation to assume that Geno is a starter and an immediate impact player - too much speculation for the Chiefs front office. It simply won't happen.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468116)
Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but ......look at the results

Rodgers got to chillax and learn a couple seasons behind a legend...who is to say he didn't learn a TON from favre......

Does your question just assume the results would be the same? Or is there any acknowledgement that playing behind favre a couple seasons couldve helped rodgers a lot?

Rodgers was a 24th pick. An amazing thing considering many picked him as a #1 prior to the combine. And I agree with you, I don't think he would be this smart without the two years of the bench.

But the average fan doesn't want the overall #1 to sit on a bench for 2 years, it doesn't make sense to them. Thus it won't make sense to the front office.

Fish 03-05-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9468106)
That would be as stupid as having Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick on the same team.

Or Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson.

Or RG3 and Kirk Cousins.

What a stupid plan that would be. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan are all idiots.

Exactly. The QB position has become so important in today's game, that it's impossible to have too much talent at that position. Look at the teams you named, and how those teams can approach their respective drafts knowing their QB position is more than set.

Fish 03-05-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468115)
Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Jaws Jaworski, Jim Hart, and Steve Grogan all disagree with you.

Meanwhile Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, and Brad Johnson agree with you.

It's a completely different game than when those guys were playing.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9468172)
It's a completely different game than when those guys were playing.

It's always "Different". Yet it still remains the same at the end of the season.

For example: Every 7 or 8 years we are told how important the "new" mobile quarterback is to the game. And after two or three seasons of major injuries and pocket passers winning the big game, it goes back to the same routine. Staubach is the only true mobile QB to win a Superbowl (although an argument could be made for Steve Young).

I am curious though, A question for you and those that do support bringing in Geno Smith, do you then believe Joe Flacco deserves his contract? After all, he is the epitome of "Throwing every resource" at the QB position, isn't he?

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9467853)
completely different argument

I am not discussing/debating what the team SHOULD do with the QB position.

I'm talking about what they ARE doing. I just don't see how/why they would give up draft picks for Alex Smith and then turn around and give up the 1st pick of the draft for Geno Smith.

If they didn't give up that much for Alex Smith then all bets are off and we'll see.

Just to clarify, since you keep saying it in other posts, our pick we supposedly gave up is in the second round. Not the first. It's the second second round pick that doesn't make it a first.

Ok that's out of the way.

Now last year the redskins gave up their first, a second, two later firsts and a fourth for two quarterbacks.

They went to the playoffs playing in the same division as Andy Reid. He played that shitty teamtwice a year for quite see time and then saw first hand what spending those picks did for them.

Why is it so far fetched to think he would spend a first and two seconds for two guys?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468047)
You are dumb as ****.

Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:50 PM

Hell Brett farve and Matt hasselbeck, neither could be good by that thinking.

Farve and brunell, farve and Aaron Brooks.

now guess where our GM worked when all those combos of two starting caliber qb's where put together...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468205)
It's always "Different". Yet it still remains the same at the end of the season.

For example: Every 7 or 8 years we are told how important the "new" mobile quarterback is to the game. And after two or three seasons of major injuries and pocket passers winning the big game, it goes back to the same routine. Staubach is the only true mobile QB to win a Superbowl (although an argument could be made for Steve Young).

I am curious though, A question for you and those that do support bringing in Geno Smith, do you then believe Joe Flacco deserves his contract? After all, he is the epitome of "Throwing every resource" at the QB position, isn't he?

is the argument over young that he didn't win one or that he wasn't mobile?

Either one makes as much sense as the other
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:52 PM

Oh and **** yeah flacco deserves his contract
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 05:52 PM

keep the dream alive

more power to ya

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468078)

What year did farve go there?

They drafted hasselbeck in 94 iirc.

Brunell in 98

Brooks in 99

All iirc, could be a year off on one or two but I think it shot your argument all to shit anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468140)
Rodgers was a 24th pick. An amazing thing considering many picked him as a #1 prior to the combine. And I agree with you, I don't think he would be this smart without the two years of the bench.

But the average fan doesn't want the overall #1 to sit on a bench for 2 years, it doesn't make sense to them. Thus it won't make sense to the front office.

Dude, are you ok?

Did you fall down anytime recently?

bump your head?

Surely you don't think that if it doesn't make sense to fans it won't make sense to the front office.

Please tell me you are kidding
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468129)
I never stated they were imbeciles. However, if you are using the Redskins as your template, I can only think of three or four franchises who have done worse than they have in off season acquisitions as compared to expected results since Daniel Snyder has purchased the team.

I am not saying having two good QBs is a bad thing. I am saying the Chiefs are not going to use their #1 to get another QB after just acquiring their starter. They will want an immediate impact player for the number one pick of the draft - it will be expected.

Is it the right thing? I don't know. I know it is speculation to assume that Geno is a starter and an immediate impact player - too much speculation for the Chiefs front office. It simply won't happen.

Name the immediate impact player in this draft
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468205)

Doesn't matter what he "deserves". They won a Super Bowl in his walk year, so he had them by the balls and a blank check with his name on it.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468226)
Hell Brett farve and Matt hasselbeck, neither could be good by that thinking.

Farve and brunell, farve and Aaron Brooks.

now guess where our GM worked when all those combos of two starting caliber qb's where put together...
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay,

let's revise the bet.

To ANYONE who cares to take it, I will make it up to 3 times ($150.00 out of my pocket) with three different people on this board. 50 bucks to the winners' favorite charity(ies) - I bet if the Chiefs keep the #1 that they do not take Geno Smith.

Overall #1 picks do not ride a bench for two years. I can't think of a single one going all the way back to Bill Sims in the 1980 draft.

Any takers?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468266)
Doesn't matter what he "deserves". They won a Super Bowl in his walk year, so he had them by the balls and a blank check with his name on it.

It does matter. Do you believe he is worth 20 million a year with an active salary cap?

The Franchise 03-05-2013 06:03 PM

Who said that Geno would ride the bench for 2 years?

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468272)
Okay,

let's revise the bet.

To ANYONE who cares to take it, I will make it up to 3 times ($150.00 out of my pocket) with three different people on this board. 50 bucks to the winners' favorite charity(ies) - I bet if the Chiefs keep the #1 that they do not take Geno Smith.

Overall #1 picks do not ride a bench for two years. I can't think of a single one going all the way back to Bill Sims in the 1980 draft.

Any takers?

who is saying he will ride the bench for two years?

Alex Smith is under contract for two years.

He was a back up in sf
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468272)
Okay,

let's revise the bet.

Any takers?

If you include matt barkley, and we agree that the charity is The SF Mechanics Library Chess Club (a non profit, 403c), Ill take you up!

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468258)
Name the immediate impact player in this draft
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't, not with certainty. Which includes Geno Smith. However, odds are that Joeckel, Floyd, Milliner, or Fisher would have a much better chance at immediate impact than Geno Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468280)
It does matter. Do you believe he is worth 20 million a year with an active salary cap?

No, it really doesn't. They just won the Super Bowl with him for ****'s sake, so that's reason enough to open the bank if he wanted it.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468285)
who is saying he will ride the bench for two years?

Alex Smith is under contract for two years.

He was a back up in sf
Posted via Mobile Device

So you are saying we spent a second round and more for a backup QB?

Should be easy money for you then. Take the bet against me, name your charity and make them 50 bucks.

When you lose I need a check mailed to me completed for the Eddie Kennison Lupus Foundation. I will supply my address to you privately if you take the bet.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468291)
No, it really doesn't. They just won the Super Bowl with him for ****'s sake, so that's reason enough to open the bank if he wanted it.

That alone makes no sense in itself.

Do you believe he is worth 20 million a year for 6 years? Your failure to answer speaks volumes.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468296)

Should be easy money for you then. Take the bet against me, name your charity and make them 50 bucks.

When you lose I need a check mailed to me completed for the Eddie Kennison Lupus Foundation. I will supply my address to you privately if you take the bet.

Or they could just donate right here.

http://www.eddiekennisonfoundation.com/donate.php

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468288)
If you include matt barkley, and we agree that the charity is The SF Mechanics Library Chess Club (a non profit, 403c), Ill take you up!

Actually, that one scares me. Reid has an unusual affection for Barkley.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468306)
Or they could just donate right here.

http://www.eddiekennisonfoundation.com/donate.php

I would prefer to see the payment made. I would be glad to honor the bet if I lost under the same terms.

Which I won't lose.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468309)

Heh..I didnt really care win or lose, maybe ill just send something to kennison's foundation......

good idea on the bets though! fun & helpful

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468303)

Do you believe he is worth 20 million a year for 6 years? Your failure to answer speaks volumes.

He wins games in the postseason including quite a few on the road, so yeah I think that makes him worth a huge chunk of change. They contend every year and make noise in the postseason. What more do you want?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468309)

What the hell, I should stand by my word.

Okay Pawnmower. I will make the bet with you. I bet the Chiefs do not take a QB with the OVERALL #1 pick in the 2013 draft. If they do I will gladly send you a check for the chess club. If they don't, you send me a check for Eddie's charity. Deal?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468318)
Heh..I didnt really care win or lose, maybe ill just send something to kennison's foundation......

good idea on the bets though! fun & helpful

I agree. It beats name calling and constant foundering behind a keyboard. Let's make a real impact instead.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468323)
What the hell, I should stand by my word.

Okay Pawnmower. I will make the bet with you. I bet the Chiefs do not take a QB with the OVERALL #1 pick in the 2013 draft. If they do I will gladly send you a check for the chess club. If they don't, you send me a check for Eddie's charity. Deal?

sure man! sounds like a win/win to me...! I will match your 50$ also, if I win and send a 50$ check with yours ...in addition to the normal donation i give

TribalElder 03-05-2013 06:17 PM

I like money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468321)
He wins games in the postseason including quite a few on the road, so yeah I think that makes him worth a huge chunk of change. They contend every year and make noise in the postseason. What more do you want?

Okay, you believe he is worth 1/6th the total cap for a 53 man roster. I don't.

We will see how they do next season.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468332)
sure man! sounds like a win/win to me...! I will match your 50$ also, if I win and send a 50$ check with yours ...in addition to the normal donation i give

Damn, I can't let you get the better of me. The same goes here. In fact, I see Eddie about once a month. I will get a pick of me handing him our checks and I will have him sign it for you.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:19 PM

You either have a QB or you don't, so yeah it's worth spending that much.

They have one (Super Bowl Champs contend every year)
We don't (2-14 with 8 probowl caliber position guys/ no playoff wins in several decades)

HotCarl 03-05-2013 06:20 PM

Welp I guess we'd better draft Barkley 1 and trade 3-7 for another one.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468344)
You either have a QB or you don't, so yeah it's worth spending that much.

They have one (Super Bowl Champs contend every year)
We don't (2-14 with 8 probowl caliber position guys/ no playoff wins in several decades)

They never spent 20 mil on one player before this year. Let's see how it plays out before you label it a success.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468339)
Damn, I can't let you get the better of me. The same goes here. In fact, I see Eddie about once a month. I will get a pick of me handing him our checks and I will have him sign it for you.

holy shit that would be sick! that would probably be more amazing than to me getting a picture with International Master John Donaldson would be for you ....LOL

so yah you got me

(although Donaldson is another one of my heroes!)

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468355)
holy shit that would be sick! that would probably be more amazing than to me getting a picture with International Master John Donaldson would be for you ....LOL

so yah you got me

(although Donaldson is another one of my heroes!)

Now, if I lose, I demand an autographed pick of Mr. Donaldson. God knows it will be worth a fortune if he ever plays the MIT Greenblatt.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:24 PM

Thanks for the discussion Wolfman. Good to see ya back.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468366)
Thanks for the discussion Wolfman. Good to see ya back.

You as well.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468296)

I think sometime in those two years he will be a backup. Yes.

Ill take your bet. Are you going to keep track and remind me just prior to the draft? Because there is no way I will remember. Lol

Let me figure out who you will pay
Posted via Mobile Device

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468379)
I think sometime in those two years he will be a backup. Yes.

Ill take your bet. Are you going to keep track and remind me just prior to the draft? Because there is no way I will remember. Lol

Let me figure out who you will pay
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup, I have two takers now. Only one slot to fill.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468303)

Except the contract won't make it 6 years.

Have you paid attention? they are all bs. It's all about guaranteed money.

Brady signed a REAL contract. 57 million guaranteed. No bs
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468362)
Now, if I lose, I demand an autographed pick of Mr. Donaldson. God knows it will be worth a fortune if he ever plays the MIT Greenblatt.

You in Boston??

I believe the SF Mechanics are in the same leauge as the "New England Nor'easters"

http://uschessleague.com/team-icons/newengland-lg.jpg

http://uschessleague.com/standings-2012.php

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:34 PM

I'm going for the cortical foundation.

Polimicrogyria research
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:37 PM

Pawn you a pro?

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468418)
Pawn you a pro?

no........

I'm a slightly above average 'club player'.....

You pretty much have to be a master to make much money in Chess.....

okcchief 03-05-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9468125)
Dorsey just cheesed out on the radio when Kevin K asked about drafting a QB.

Never say never

Can you elaborate?

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9468442)
Can you elaborate?

I was curious what cheesed out meant also

whoman69 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. If they trade Albert, no way this happens.

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467524)
If wanting to bang Boxxy makes one a creep, I don't wanna be anything else!

Well she's 16 in that video so... :shrug:

Red Dawg 03-05-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9467748)
Again, Steve McNair sat his first two seasons with the Titans (at least a season and a half), and I'm thinking everyone here would let Geno sit for a season or two if the end result was a Super Bowl berth. There would be no crime in taking Geno. Our QB situation is far worse than our tackle situation, and Dorsey/Reid do seem to understand that you just won't win in this league without a capable QB. Unfortunately for Alex Smith, he doesn't seem to be quite so durable. The Chiefs need quarterback upgrades in the worst way. Hell, I wouldn't be against them beinging in Matt Moore while drafting Geno, and let Geno ride third string this year.

Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9468985)
Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

The Chiefs didn't trade their second round pick this year for a QB, just to turn around and draft a QB #1 overall, which basically means the veteran is looking over his shoulder during training camp and regular season.

You'd split the loyalties of both offense and defense, especially if there was a bad game or two, and completely mind **** your team by even making such a move.

Alex Smith will be the guy in 2013. Love it or hate it.

BossChief 03-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469108)
The Chiefs didn't trade their second round pick this year for a QB, just to turn around and draft a QB #1 overall, which basically means the veteran is looking over his shoulder during training camp and regular season.

You'd split the loyalties of both offense and defense, especially if there was a bad game or two, and completely mind **** your team by even making such a move.

Alex Smith will be the guy in 2013. Love it or hate it.

This is a unique situation, though.

If they think Geno as a good chance at being top notch, but also has a flaw that scares them about him, why not hedge their bets by signing a guy that can hit the field right away while Geno learns the offense, the play calls, the protections, the personnel and has time to be prepared?

Alex Smith gives them a dependable game manager that is a top notch teammate so that if the Geno pick doesn't work out, they don't fall flat on their face because of it...but if it works out they look lik complete geniuses.

Just like the guys who selected Kaepernick, Wilson and Rodgers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467020)
Now that I sit here and read this and the responses, I think Reid/Dorsey are going for Barkley. I think they are going to try and convince a team to trade up for our pick to draft Geno, then they will slide back a bit, but still in the top 10, and take Barkley and use Alex as insurance to make sure Barkley heals properly.

Dude, I'll run right the **** to my computer, buy a Barkley jersey, and wear it with pride. Just DO THE ****ING DEAL FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Do it for SAUTO! DO IT FOR SAKe! I DONT GIVE A **** WHY ANYMORE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 03-05-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469169)

If they think Geno as a good chance at being top notch, but also has a flaw that scares them about him, why not hedge their bets by signing a guy that can hit the field right away while Geno learns the offense, the play calls, the protections, the personnel and has time to be prepared?

Alex Smith gives them a dependable game manager that is a top notch teammate so that if the Geno pick doesn't work out, they don't fall flat on their face because of it...but if it works out they look lik complete geniuses.

Favre was GB boy and in no danger. Flynn was not handed the keys from the get go and Kaep was a project for a year selected by the HC. Alex will be given the job and most likely a new contract. Andy and Dorsey committed to him with the picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9467171)
There are legions of people opposed to taking a quarterback. They've spent the last week celebrating their righteous victory and ordering Alex Smith fatheads. There are plenty who would just fall in line, but those aren't the ones who've spent the last two months drawing lines in the sand.

If there really are legions of these useless ****s, then I do not feel one iota bad about reevaluating my relationship with the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

None of those teams spent the #1 overall pick on those guys, nor would they.

Geno Smith has too many questions around him, making his value much lower than #1 overall.

In58men 03-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469240)
Dude, I'll run right the **** to my computer, buy a Barkley jersey, and wear it with pride. Just DO THE ****ING DEAL FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Do it for SAUTO! DO IT FOR SAKe! I DONT GIVE A **** WHY ANYMORE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Barkley sucks bro

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469281)
If there really are legions of these useless ****s, then I do not feel one iota bad about reevaluating my relationship with the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

If your allegiance to a team is based upon the intelligence of its fans, you may as well quit watching any professional sport tonight.

Mav 03-05-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

pretty much this. good post.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469302)
If your allegiance to a team is based upon the intelligence of its fans, you may as well quit watching any professional sport tonight.

I don't think his intelligence is based on anything other than Tom & Jerry reruns.