ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiff says Mahomes making him and former Chiefs QB's look bad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318699)

KChiefs1 11-07-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13876104)
I like Green but does this also mean that moron, Bruce Arians is on the broadcast again this week? :grr:

Better than the announcers next week.

RippedmyFlesh 11-07-2018 04:34 PM

I miss Gus Johnson. Imagine him doing this year's games?

splatbass 11-07-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13876949)
Woah woah woah woah woah. Ease up with the dissing of Damon Huard. He’s doesn’t deserve to be lumped in with those guys.

He was awesome at the fetal position.

suzzer99 11-07-2018 05:49 PM

Quickest crumple in the NFL.

HemiEd 11-07-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13876111)
Sorry Alex, he's not making you "look" bad, you ARE bad.

It was kind of fun having the Redskins game on at the same time recently. I watched Mahomes throw a TD then switched over just in time to see Alex set his team up for a FG.

jaa1025 11-07-2018 07:30 PM

If you want some quality reading then go to the Redskins forum and take a look at some of those Alex Smith topics. I feel their pain.

seclark 11-07-2018 07:38 PM

he aint here...i don't think about him.
got a lot better qb
sec

38yrsfan 11-07-2018 08:03 PM

He gets credit from me for not losing to the Donkos 4 times and starting the current streak.

He also showed a higher level of professional 'class' than others have done in a similar situation.

His limitations were apparent but so were his many other positive qualities.

and I've never been fond of the Redskins so thanks for the trade and your Chief's service. ;)

ThaVirus 11-07-2018 08:49 PM

Alex doesn't really have limitations, that's what's infuriating about him. He's just a ****ing pussy.

The guy was a #1 pick. He's got all the talent in the world. The shoulder injury may have ****ed up his arm, but arm strength is overrated and he's certainly got enough juice to make any throw necessary to be a great QB. He just chooses not to.

tk13 11-07-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13876903)
If Smith isn't bad for a current NFL starting QB, how are you defining bad? Granted, he's better than that hot garbage in denver, but by how much?

We live in a league where Nathan Peterman has gotten multiple starts. That pretty much begins and ends the discussion.

CoMoChief 11-07-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13876184)
Yep. He'll always get to say that he helped become who he was. Most people in KC will know the real truth though.

Well the truth is that he helped Mahomes learn how to be a NFL QB.

Nothing wrong w/ that. KC fans know Smith sucks. An avg at best, game managing play-it-safe QB.

But there is no longer any reason to beat that dead horse anymore...let Redskins fans cry in their beers watching 3yd passes on 3rd n 8. Will not miss any of that shit..that I can tell you.

BUT...

He ended up being the perfect Ying to Mahomes' Yang. Practice/prep like Smith, let it rip down the field w/ Mahomes talent/arm confidence, and you got yourselves a pretty darn good QB.

I'll never question Smith's work ethic, leadership, or ability to properly prepare. Never thought Smith went into games looking lost like he was just flat out unprepared. The guy has been in this league long enough to have seen just about anything you could throw at the guy.

He was just too timid in the pocket and never took any chances, not until just last season. The great ones do take the chances and make big plays...that was Smith's greatest fault.

Unless you have a great defense, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs etc...QB's like Smith aren't going to win you shit.

-King- 11-07-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13877656)
Well the truth is that he helped Mahomes learn how to be a NFL QB.

Nothing wrong w/ that. KC fans know Smith sucks. An avg at best, game managing play-it-safe QB.

But there is no longer any reason to beat that dead horse anymore...let Redskins fans cry in their beers watching 3yd passes on 3rd n 8. Will not miss any of that shit..that I can tell you.

BUT...

He ended up being the perfect Ying to Mahomes' Yang. Practice/prep like Smith, let it rip down the field w/ Mahomes talent/arm confidence, and you got yourselves a pretty darn good QB.

I'll never question Smith's work ethic, leadership, or ability to properly prepare. Never thought Smith went into games looking lost like he was just flat out unprepared. The guy has been in this league long enough to have seen just about anything you could throw at the guy.

He was just too timid in the pocket and never took any chances, not until just last season. The great ones do take the chances and make big plays...that was Smith's greatest fault.

Unless you have a great defense, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 02 Bucs etc...QB's like Smith aren't going to win you shit.

Exaxtly... Smith was a good to great game manager. He was consistent as a QB which is pretty much what you want from a QB who's not elite. At least you can game plan around that which Reid was able to do. The problem was that whenever shit went wrong like in the playoffs he couldn't over come that. It's so frustrating though that we probably were a Jamaal Charles/Travis Kelce/Jeremy Maclin injury away from beating the Colts, Patriots and Titans in the playoffs. Those are tough losses for any team, especially one with Smith at QB. It's just frustrating as a chiefs fan how much those injuries affected the chiefs the last 5 years.

But I'm happy as hell he was our QB. Without his consistency and ability to at least keep us in contention, we might have reached for a QB years ago and we'd be sitting here trying to lie to ourselves that Jameis Winston/Mariota or some other bum that was drafted the past few drafts is a franchise qb. Smith was good enough to let us wait out for the perfect QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

DrRyan 11-07-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13876708)
The announcers and tv crew last week had one of the worst games I've ever heard called. The legit had no idea what was going on multiple times, showed the wrong replays. Arians was awful.

You do realize the commentators in the booth have zero say in what replays are shown, right? I really don't get all the Arians hate. I didn't find him good or bad, he just was IMO.

-King- 11-07-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 13877681)
You do realize the commentators in the booth have zero say in what replays are shown, right? I really don't get all the Arians hate. I didn't find him good or bad, he just was IMO.

He's BAD. He can't get through a sentences without stumbling over his words. I don't blame him though. I blame CBS for putting him in that situation. Trent Green used to be like that but he worked preseason games until he was a good commentator and then CBs finally started letting him work regular season games. Arians went straight to regular season/national games and it shows in how unnatural he is
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2018 02:50 AM

Well at least now we know that high dollar sage advice and learnin' that was going on:

"Get your sleep too".

-Alex Pudwhackin', Sleepwalkin' Smith, year of our Lord 2017