ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Enough already! What's the deal with Sutton? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313207)

Rexx 01-12-2018 05:19 PM

Enough already! What's the deal with Sutton?

I get this feeling Reid is just prolonging the announcement he is keeping Sutton. He wants the fans emotions to die down so he doesn't catch extreme pushback.

There is really no reason for this to drag out like this. This defense played with no fire and edge, that alone should be enough reason to move on. When watching a top ranked defense, the lack of emotion on KC becomes so obvious. I've been a fan for 35 years and am still shocked this guy hasn't been shown the door yet. Just make your BS announcement Reid, we all need to digest it sooner or later.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 05:23 PM

Its either that or we're waiting on someone in the playoffs for DC and dont want the staff being poached as we wait. The fact that we haven't had a press conference for Bieliemy is giving me pause.

Red Dawg 01-12-2018 06:05 PM

He's probably staying. That the deal. They didn't have good enough players and he's getting a pass.

Chief Roundup 01-12-2018 06:40 PM

The deal is he is our DC and that is not going to change.

mschiefs1984 01-12-2018 06:41 PM

Since he's still in KC I'm afraid he's going to stay like Reid. Nothing will change

Randallflagg 01-12-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13356969)
The deal is he is our DC and that is not going to change.

Oh God I hope you're wrong. Sadly, however, I fear that you are correct. Yet another year of mediocrity.............

Chief Roundup 01-12-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 13356979)
Oh God I hope you're wrong. Sadly, however, I fear that you are correct. Yet another year of mediocrity.............

I hope I am wrong as well, but all signs are pointing the other way.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 13356835)
I get this feeling Reid is just prolonging the announcement he is keeping Sutton. He wants the fans emotions to die down so he doesn't catch extreme pushback.

There is really no reason for this to drag out like this. This defense played with no fire and edge, that alone should be enough reason to move on. When watching a top ranked defense, the lack of emotion on KC becomes so obvious. I've been a fan for 35 years and am still shocked this guy hasn't been shown the door yet. Just make your BS announcement Reid, we all need to digest it sooner or later.

I disagree. If the Chiefs were keeping Sutton, feel like they would own it so that the rumor mill can shut up about it. They've put off end of year press conferences and haven't even formally introduced Bieniemy even though he's been announced as a hire. Likely scenario they don't want a press conference because they don't want to formally confirm or deny rumors.

I think the Chiefs are waiting on 2 guys. And if they can get 1 of them, they'll fire Sutton. If not, they'll keep him. Spagnuolo has an obvious Reid connection and is gunning for the NY Giants coaching job (maybe most plausible because he's run his scheme from 3-4). The other is Adam Zimmer who has a strong connection through Gary Gibbs. The Chiefs out of respect are probably keeping their distance until Minnesota's season is over.

Titty Meat 01-12-2018 06:54 PM

Either no going to change or wait and see what happens with Spagnolo

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13356989)
Either no going to change or wait and see what happens with Spagnolo

I don't see why Adam Zimmer isn't couldn't also be in play

FloridaMan88 01-12-2018 07:09 PM

Hard to believe that Andy Reid sees no need to shake up his coaching staff after another epic playoff choke.

Too bad the Chiefs don’t have a real owner to hold Reid accountable.

bevischief 01-12-2018 07:38 PM

He has pictures of the Hunts in drag.

KChiefs1 01-12-2018 07:39 PM

Fire the mother ****er!

pugsnotdrugs19 01-12-2018 07:43 PM

They still haven't announced Childress' retirement, so maybe some pieces of the puzzle are still being shuffled through.

bigjosh 01-12-2018 07:45 PM

He isn't going anywhere. They aren't going to make an announcement that they are keeping their defensive coordinator. That would show that they are acknowledging that there was a possibility of him being fired.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk