ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

tk13 07-20-2013 11:50 AM

Superman/Batman movie coming in 2016

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WWzgGyAH6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---

Quote:

After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Quote:

Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/

keg in kc 07-20-2013 01:34 PM

Not a surprise, but neat nonetheless.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 01:37 PM

Makes sense, Supes and Batman are the only two DC superheroes with box office clout.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 01:58 PM

Stupid question,

Why would Superman even need Batman?

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2013 02:03 PM

The biggest question for me is whether or not it's the traditional Batman or The Dark Knight?

ThaVirus 07-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9823353)
Stupid question,

Why would Superman even need Batman?

To break a billion at the box office.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9823361)
The biggest question for me is whether or not it's the traditional Batman or The Dark Knight?

Good question. Since Bale won't be involved, will this be a Batman reboot, or continue the continuity of the Nolan films? I suspect it will be a reboot. But if Nolan is still involved.......hmm...

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9823378)
Good question. Since Bale won't be involved, will this be a Batman reboot, or continue the continuity of the Nolan films? I suspect it will be a reboot. But if Nolan is still involved.......hmm...

If Nolan is still involved, it would surprise me to see JGL as The Dark Knight, with a "prequel" some point down the road.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9823385)
If Nolan is still involved, it would surprise me to see JGL as The Dark Knight, with a "prequel" some point down the road.

Ok yea....I can roll with that. JGL was great in the last movie.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9823386)
Ok yea....I can roll with that. JGL was great in the last movie.

Well, it was implied that he was "The Dark Knight Rising" at the end of the film, so it makes sense continuity wise.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9823389)
Well, it was implied that he was "The Dark Knight Rising" at the end of the film, so it makes sense continuity wise.

Yep.

DanBecky 07-20-2013 02:24 PM

I really would've liked a sequel to Man of Steel with just Supes.

pr_capone 07-20-2013 03:01 PM

I would watch an Aquaman movie before I spend money on anything Superman related. I have very low expectations for this movie as well as the proposed Justice League movie.

-King- 07-20-2013 04:31 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/j6oc94.jpg

keg in kc 07-20-2013 04:33 PM

Looks like a new bat symbol. Strikes me as a disconnect from the previous franchise.

-King- 07-20-2013 04:44 PM

Heh, this was in I AM LEGEND

http://www.cinemasoldier.com/storage...=1267440187437

-King- 07-20-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

The two most iconic DC Comics heroes are officially teaming up for their big screen debut together. On Saturday at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. officially announced a Batman and Superman tentpole.

As sources previously told The Hollywood Reporter, Zack Snyder will be directing the film and Henry Cavill is set to reprise his role as Clark Kent. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the film.

“I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter," Snyder said in a statement. "Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The film will be scripted by Man of Steel's David Goyer along with Snyder. Man of Steel producer and Dark Knight trilogy director Christopher Nolan will executive produce along with Emma Thomas, Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

The tentpole is planned for release in 2015.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-batman-589527

ThaVirus 07-20-2013 05:05 PM

Facing off"?

Easy 6 07-20-2013 05:55 PM

Maybe i'm in the minority on this, but pairing them up sounds kinda corny.

-King- 07-20-2013 05:56 PM

Might go something like this <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OcW95B2G6sM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Minus Robin.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-20-2013 07:20 PM

No, no, no. Too soon. Make a Man of Steel 2 then make this. Not a good idea, IMO.

-King- 07-20-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9824021)
No, no, no. Too soon. Make a Man of Steel 2 then make this. Not a good idea, IMO.

For the most part this will be Man of Steel. This will be treated as the sequel except with Batman thrown in a bit.

Lex Luthor 07-20-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9823434)
I would watch an Aquaman movie before I spend money on anything Superman related. I have very low expectations for this movie as well as the proposed Justice League movie.

Yet you feel compelled to post in a Superman movie thread.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9824335)
For the most part this will be Man of Steel. This will be treated as the sequel except with Batman thrown in a bit.

You've already read the treatment?

Nightfyre 07-20-2013 09:17 PM

This sounds like a terrible idea.

Deberg_1990 07-20-2013 09:22 PM

Sounds like its going to be Superman Vs. Batman. Hmmmm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/20/s...oming-in-2015/

“"I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

That line, one of the best moments in Frank Miller’s seminal, genre-changing The Dark Knight Returns, is what Zack Snyder used to announce his next movie: a film that has both Superman and Batman. The film is untitled, is currently dated for summer 2015 and that’s all we know.

Snyder was quick to say that the quote didn’t mean they were adapting TDKR; rather it informs what this movie will be. So expect Batman and Superman to be at odds, and duking it out. We have to assume this is how Kryptonite is introduced into the rebooted Superman movie universe, that Bruce Wayne finds it.

What will the film be called? It can’t be Man of Steel 2. I’d love it if they went old school and called it World’s Finest, but that might be too square for the new, darker Superman.

The other question is who will be Batman? They’re going into production next year according to Warner Bros, so they’re going to have to find their new Batman quite quickly. Will they attempt to tie it into the Nolan films? Is this a Batman reboot? We’ll know more soon.

Sure-Oz 07-20-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9824427)
Sounds like its going to be Superman Vs. Batman. Hmmmm

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/20/s...oming-in-2015/

“"I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

That line, one of the best moments in Frank Miller’s seminal, genre-changing The Dark Knight Returns, is what Zack Snyder used to announce his next movie: a film that has both Superman and Batman. The film is untitled, is currently dated for summer 2015 and that’s all we know.

Snyder was quick to say that the quote didn’t mean they were adapting TDKR; rather it informs what this movie will be. So expect Batman and Superman to be at odds, and duking it out. We have to assume this is how Kryptonite is introduced into the rebooted Superman movie universe, that Bruce Wayne finds it.

What will the film be called? It can’t be Man of Steel 2. I’d love it if they went old school and called it World’s Finest, but that might be too square for the new, darker Superman.

The other question is who will be Batman? They’re going into production next year according to Warner Bros, so they’re going to have to find their new Batman quite quickly. Will they attempt to tie it into the Nolan films? Is this a Batman reboot? We’ll know more soon.

I hope this is solid...really not sure what to think. HUGE batman fan...

I may have to watch the dark knight returns part 1 and 2 that came out recently and re-read the comic, good stuff

Buehler445 07-20-2013 10:54 PM

That sounds reeruned. Hopefully it isn't Suppes v batman for the big fight. That would be lame.

Direckshun 07-20-2013 11:03 PM

It would mostly be lame because Batman wouldn't stand a goddamn chance.

That's the problem with the way Man of Steel is constructed.

It's a great movie (that's right, it is), but it is such a great, comprehensive tale of who Superman is and how extraordinary his presence on earth is, that you can't really create a villain that has a prayer at competing with him.

007 07-20-2013 11:43 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L43JaaWcT-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 07-20-2013 11:50 PM

The two hero's at each others throat... thats not going to play well in mid-Murica, i bet they scrap this idea after some thought.

Before they write a single line, it sounds clunky and hard to get across.

pr_capone 07-20-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9824369)
Yet you feel compelled to post in a Superman movie thread.

I didn't realize I could only post my opinion as long as I was excited about what the thread was about.

My apologies. Please don't report my post.

ThaVirus 07-21-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9824601)
That sounds reeruned. Hopefully it isn't Suppes v batman for the big fight. That would be lame.

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of a small tiff to start off, then they'll unite later against a common enemy. Maybe Luthor? Darkseid? Brainiac?

........ Or perhaps........ A Lex Luthor/ Joker team up!

EDIT: Kind of like the Avengers.

Psyko Tek 07-21-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9823353)
Stupid question,

Why would Batman even need Superman?

fyp

ThaVirus 07-21-2013 12:21 AM

Batman is a douchebag. Shouldn't be too hard to create some tension between the two.

Easy 6 07-21-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9824705)
Batman is a douchebag.

BOOOOOO

ThaVirus 07-21-2013 12:30 AM

Oh, I love Batman. In fact, he's my second fave superhero behind Spidey..

Just saying.. The guy is a douche.

Psyko Tek 07-21-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9824335)

doubting it, the bat has more box office appeal than supes

-King- 07-21-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9824601)

Watch that video I posted, I think it will be pretty much like that. Lex get a kryptonite laced charm and controls Superman with it and Superman and batman fight. Batman snaps superman out of it and they team up to defeat Lex.

-King- 07-21-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9824728)
doubting it, the bat has more box office appeal than supes

When I say a bit, I don't mean throw away scenes or just a quick Cameo. I just mean most of the screen time will be on Superman. Batman will be featured heavily, but the main focus will be Superman vs. Lex.

mnchiefsguy 07-21-2013 01:38 AM

Actually it is a Batman/Superman movie. Batman will get top billing...it is the more successful franchise, even in the comics. (D.C. recently started a new series titled Batman and Superman)

mdchiefsfan 07-21-2013 05:23 AM

If Nolan is truly involved count me in. Plus didn't Christian Bale say that he would do Batman again, only if Nolan were involved?

Sure-Oz 07-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9824809)
If Nolan is truly involved count me in. Plus didn't Christian Bale say that he would do Batman again, only if Nolan were involved?

i just don't see Bale coming back at all...

I still want a real superman 2 movie before this as well. I am hoping whoever plays the new batman is close to Bale, really really hard to top him.

BWillie 07-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9823703)
Maybe i'm in the minority on this, but pairing them up sounds kinda corny.

It sounds really stupid. Superman is an alien with unimaginable power and could kill Batman with one blow. They dont really belong in the same "world". I like Batman cuz hes just a rich dude who cares. He has absolutely no special powers except for being a trained ninja and being insanely rich with an almost infinite resources

ThaVirus 07-21-2013 04:54 PM

Yeah, Batman works in with the Justice League much better in the comics and cartoons where if a guy like Darkseid or Doomsday gets his hands on him they just throw him around. I don't think movie audiences will buy into seeing these guys that can move continents get their hands on Bats and just toss him to the side everytime they grab him. In reality, any kick or punch from them would kill him instantly and if they got their hands on him, he'd be mashed to molecules.

Lex Luthor 07-21-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9824671)
I didn't realize I could only post my opinion as long as I was excited about what the thread was about.

My apologies. Please don't report my post.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I just found it interesting that you'd even bother to read a Superman thread since you apparently have no interest in the character. The fact that you'd bother to post in such a thread was even more interesting.

I wasn't going to report your post. I was planning to hunt you down in real life. :p

Lex Luthor 07-21-2013 05:20 PM

There is no way this will be a Batman versus Superman movie. Now, they may at some point bicker with each other, kind of like what went on in the Avengers movie, but in the end they will be working together to defeat whoever the real "Big Bad" is in the movie.

Tribal Warfare 07-21-2013 06:42 PM

<iframe src="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIwMezfIz0ZkAw/embed_video" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Swanman 07-22-2013 09:15 AM

In the Dark Knight Returns Part 2, Miller did a great job with the Batman/Superman fight. The Dark Knight Returns animated movies are definitely worth a watch. The basic tenet that Miller got across was that Batman's main advantage over Superman is that he will do whatever it takes to win, where Supes is constrained by all of his different rules. Plus, Bats gets a little aid in the fight near the end that completely turns the tables (thus doing whatever it takes).

Molitoth 07-22-2013 09:40 AM

Nolan did Batman wonders, and now someone is going to destroy it.

Stupid.

-King- 07-22-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9826803)
Nolan did Batman wonders, and now someone is going to destroy it.

Stupid.

Seeing as how Nolan is producing it, I don't think he'll let them do anything stupid to mess up what he created.

keg in kc 07-22-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9825991)
<iframe src="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIwMezfIz0ZkAw/embed_video" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Having trouble with your link for some reason, so here's another:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x124npa"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x124npa_batman-superman-comic-con-announcement-batman-news-com_shortfilms" target="_blank">Batman/Superman Comic-Con announcement | Batman...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BatmanNewsCom" target="_blank">BatmanNewsCom</a></i>

Thought the way they handled the announcement was pretty cool.

Sure-Oz 07-22-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9827216)
Seeing as how Nolan is producing it, I don't think he'll let them do anything stupid to mess up what he created.

I hope Nolan is involved enough so they don't as well.

They can't **** this up...that said this movie is too soon. Hope im proven wrong.

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9827569)
Having trouble with your link for some reason, so here's another:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x124npa"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x124npa_batman-superman-comic-con-announcement-batman-news-com_shortfilms" target="_blank">Batman/Superman Comic-Con announcement | Batman...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BatmanNewsCom" target="_blank">BatmanNewsCom</a></i>

Thought the way they handled the announcement was pretty cool.

they should've had Kevin Conroy reading the lines

Deberg_1990 07-22-2013 06:34 PM

Dane mentioned the best solution. Bring back JGL as the new Dark Knight. That way it serves as a reboot and continues the continuity of the Nolan Batman people loved.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-22-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9827912)
they should've had Kevin Conroy reading the lines

Speaking of those lines, is that insinuating that they get into a fight and Batman wins? How is that ****ing believable? Superman kills Zod, who is/was equally powerful, but a human in a bat suit with cute ninja skills can beat the most powerful superhero ever? Not buying it. That's ****ing crazy. Comic book people should be shot for coming up with that. They should've had a MoS 2 with just Superman.

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9828045)
Speaking of those lines, is that insinuating that they get into a fight and Batman wins? How is that ****ing believable? Superman kills Zod, who is/was equally powerful, but a human in a bat suit with cute ninja skills can beat the most powerful superhero ever? Not buying it. That's ****ing crazy. Comic book people should be shot for coming up with that. They should've had a MoS 2 with just Superman.

It's from the graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.

Chiefspants 07-22-2013 07:10 PM

1. JGL acquires Kryptonite
2. Random Flashbacks, Flash Sideways, and Flash Forwards.
3. EPIK SACK CIDER TWO HOUR BRAWL (leaving billions dead)
4. ???
5. Profit

Chiefs Pantalones 07-22-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9828062)
It's from the graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.

Don't you think they're jumping the gun a bit because they see all the movies that Marvel is shitting out and will be coming out?

ThaVirus 07-22-2013 07:14 PM

Kryptonite and magic are Batmans only ways of beating Superman.

I've never heard of Batman using magic so his best bet is kryptonite. Shouldn't be a problem to get some with his wealth.

loochy 07-22-2013 07:25 PM

When do we get Batman vs Wolverine?

Chiefspants 07-22-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9828112)
When do we get Batman vs Wolverine?

Superman vs. Goku

Valiant 07-22-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9824732)
Watch that video I posted, I think it will be pretty much like that. Lex get a kryptonite laced charm and controls Superman with it and Superman and batman fight. Batman snaps superman out of it and they team up to defeat Lex.

That is what I am guessing, president Luthor gives Supes red kryptonite. Batman fights and defeats him, then joins Supes to take him down. Hopefully someone else is working with Luthor to balance it out.

Valiant 07-22-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9828045)

Zod was not as powerful. He was not around the red sun as long, so his body did not asorb as much as Kal El who grew up here.

IMO.

Valiant 07-22-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9828131)
Superman vs. Goku

There is actually a decent video of that.

loochy 07-22-2013 08:02 PM

Sub Zero vs E Honda

QuikSsurfer 07-22-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Superman vs. Goku

:hmmm:

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Superman vs. Goku

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oyl97TG8jbA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9828078)
Don't you think they're jumping the gun a bit because they see all the movies that Marvel is shitting out and will be coming out?

It will just depend how they will integrate both of them in concurrent story arcs.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-22-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9828287)
It will just depend how they will integrate both of them in concurrent story arcs.

Do you think they're both too big to be in the same film? It'll be interesting. It has to be well done. I think it's one way or the other. That meaning they're either gonna butcher it, or nail it.

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9828404)
Do you think they're both too big to be in the same film? It'll be interesting. It has to be well done. I think it's one way or the other. That meaning they're either gonna butcher it, or nail it.

It will have to be handled with care with no favoritism with one or another concerning Supes and Bats.

The popular thing now is to kick the shit out of Superman, while Batman can never lose "because he's Batman". which IMO is very played out as you can see on the street with the culdoscope of douchebags decked out in Dark Knight schwag .

keg in kc 07-23-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9827936)
Dane mentioned the best solution. Bring back JGL as the new Dark Knight. That way it serves as a reboot and continues the continuity of the Nolan Batman people loved.

Rumor is they don't want JGL.

As far as Luthor controlling supes Kryptonite hasn't even shown up on earth in this universe yet, so I wouldn't count on that.

Sassy Squatch 07-23-2013 08:37 PM

Goku would wreck Superman's shit...

007 07-24-2013 02:54 AM

Cracking me up reading all the guessing at who the next Batman will be.

One place actually put Ben Afflect as the top choice. LMAO

http://blog.chron.com/guystuff/2013/...e-next-batman/

http://screenrant.com/batman-casting...ustice-league/

http://showbizcafe.com/who-will-be-t...-top-5-actors/

mdchiefsfan 07-24-2013 05:22 AM

Given how Lex Luthor, in the comics, is pro-human and pro-Metropolis and that city just got destroyed by aliens, I have a feeling that is how he will be introduced. He will reach out to Bruce Wayne to help restore Metropolis to where it was before.

Bruce Wayne, having seen what just occurred and being the detective he is, will want to investigate any potential threats that may arise again and how to deal with those potential threats. He comes to Metropolis cautious and suspicious as he generally is about anything new and discovers kryptonite is Superman's weakness. They square off until it is realized that there are more threats in the world than each other. They team up and whip some ass.

That's how I see this movie going down.

Rausch 07-24-2013 06:57 AM

I want this made...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as..._5-1.jpg&h=250

Quote:

The last book of the “Batman: Dark Knight” series was sub-titled “The Dark Knight Falls.” In this book, things take a turn for the worse for Batman in terms of public support when he finally kills the Joker while all of America is following the situation. Although Batman escapes police custody, his actions are not hidden from Superman, who determines that he must be brought in to take care of Batman once and for all.

"We could have changed the world…now…look at us…I've become a political liability…and…you…you're a joke. I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

unlurking 07-24-2013 08:10 AM

That was the quote from the end of the Comic-Con video posted earlier in this thread, so my guess is you're getting your wish.

Deberg_1990 07-24-2013 04:29 PM

Another wave of applause bubbled up from the audience, and Zack waited a moment before continuing. "There's a lot of speculation about what we're doing. So it is official that we're going to make another Superman movie. And so you say 'Zack, what is the movie about?' You don't want me to tell you what it's about. You want to go and see the movie. But I can say that maybe there's a single element that will be in the film that I could help you out with."

That's very important, by the way, because some people immediately made the jump to announcing that Snyder is doing "The Dark Knight Returns." He is not. That is a story you tell at the end of a cycle of films, not at the start. It's about Superman and Batman at the end of a long history of encounters with one another, and doing that immediately after introducing Cavill in "Man Of Steel" seems wildly unlikely.

At that point, you could feel the energy in Hall H, all of it focused on what Zack was saying. "How could I do that? I sort of pored through the DC universe to look for a way to tell this thing, to announce our plan. And I came across a thing that I feel like sums up what we're writing now. This isn't what we're doing, but I found a thing that can help you understand the spirit of it."

He brought out Harry Lennix, who was in "Man Of Steel," and asked him to read the quote because he has a better voice than Zack, and they lowered the lights as Lennix stepped up to the microphone.

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...vghW2eiy3mE.99

Chiefs Pantalones 07-24-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9831977)
Another wave of applause bubbled up from the audience, and Zack waited a moment before continuing. "There's a lot of speculation about what we're doing. So it is official that we're going to make another Superman movie. And so you say 'Zack, what is the movie about?' You don't want me to tell you what it's about. You want to go and see the movie. But I can say that maybe there's a single element that will be in the film that I could help you out with."

That's very important, by the way, because some people immediately made the jump to announcing that Snyder is doing "The Dark Knight Returns." He is not. That is a story you tell at the end of a cycle of films, not at the start. It's about Superman and Batman at the end of a long history of encounters with one another, and doing that immediately after introducing Cavill in "Man Of Steel" seems wildly unlikely.

At that point, you could feel the energy in Hall H, all of it focused on what Zack was saying. "How could I do that? I sort of pored through the DC universe to look for a way to tell this thing, to announce our plan. And I came across a thing that I feel like sums up what we're writing now. This isn't what we're doing, but I found a thing that can help you understand the spirit of it."

He brought out Harry Lennix, who was in "Man Of Steel," and asked him to read the quote because he has a better voice than Zack, and they lowered the lights as Lennix stepped up to the microphone.

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...vghW2eiy3mE.99

He says, "this isn't what we're doing" so I don't think Supes and Batman are gonna be enemies, or even beat Superman, which to me is hilarious.

007 07-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9832034)
He says, "this isn't what we're doing" so I don't think Supes and Batman are gonna be enemies, or even beat Superman, which to me is hilarious.

Which is why I don't understand why they used that quote from a story they are no using.