ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10248690)
I don't know why they went with Gal Gadot, just doesn't look the part at all. Give me Gina Carano anyday over her. I just want them to do her justice, Wonder Woman has been underutilized in television and film compared to other characters like Elektra who get movies. Just doesn't make sense.

She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ

Gravedigger 12-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10248752)
She probably gave Snyder a world class BJ

I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10248781)
I know right?! When Gina Carano punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will be felt as an "Ah shit! She laid that guy out!"

When Gal Gadot punches a 250+ pound man in the film, that impact will trigger an obvious "He faked that hit really well."

Realism in comic book movies, I know it's a scary thought.

I know nobody wants to hear it but if she doesn't gain the muscle and weight to pull the role off, you just went with the role model that looks like all the other skinny ass models out there today. Personally I would want my little girl looking up to a woman who's got size to her, not the twig that she just snapped.

You know what the real funny thing is? Cavill is dating Caruno

whoman69 12-04-2013 08:42 PM

She looks like she'd fit in more doing Olive Oyl.

whoman69 12-04-2013 08:43 PM

too fat/Omaha

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 09:12 PM

When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10248913)
This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10248921)
No doubt.....it's like Warner's JIMPd over the $ Avengers made and just decided to cut to the chase to get in on that action.

I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I'll be surprised if this is done well.

Gravedigger 12-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10249011)
I feel like this could be a bust of a movie, honestly. Too many characters already, not much Clark Kent and cut right to Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, maybe Flash whoever else.

I'll be surprised if this is done well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.

KcMizzou 12-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10248913)
When is the last time a female comic character on a movie was taken seriously or done justice? Carano would've been perfect. This movie looks more like Justice League and not Superman

Agreed.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10249066)
I wouldn't be surprised to see this go along the lines of Man of Steel. Not alot of heart but great action.

Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said

Deberg_1990 12-04-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10249100)
Which will be even more disappointing. MOS trailer was epic.. movie well just like you said

Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10249123)
Wow....here we go again. Personally, I loved MoS. In my top 5 of the year for sure.

I liked it...but maybe I had Batman Begins type of expectations

whoman69 12-05-2013 08:12 AM

Why is everyone surprised this is turning into Justice League? That's how it was originally presented anyway.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276

Anyong Bluth 12-05-2013 04:54 PM

Kevin Smith got an exclusive sneak peek from his buddy director of Afflack in the new suit- said it was totally different from any type before (and not 1 bat nipple in sight)

I have zero clue what that could mean, except I'm assuming it's not some sort of exo-shell, but it seriously can't be like some throwback to actually tights or a spandex getup? I don't know what other direction it could be, but it certainly can't be that especially when you're talking about him facing off against Superman, and he's going to need a healthy does of tech advantages and toys to level the playing field.