ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Damar Hamlin updates, prayers and discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346824)

Wallcrawler 01-03-2023 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 16705490)
I knew it was going to be a heart stopping game…..

There's always one.

ROYC75 01-03-2023 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16705497)
CPR may have saved his life. If that happened in front of me Im ashamed I wouldn't know what to do other than call for help. By then it may be too late.

Look around, there are free classes being given for the public to learn!

Do your part!

Eleazar 01-03-2023 03:37 AM

It sounds like he may not have been in cardiac arrest for very long. Because of where this happened, in a place where there are doctors and paramedics and everything else at the ready, maybe he stands a decent chance of beating the odds.

T-post Tom 01-03-2023 04:21 AM

Seems as if he might suffer from Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Hereditary genetic issue that can cause cardiac arrest in young athletes. Only time will tell. Prayers to him and his family.

Sassy Squatch 01-03-2023 04:48 AM

Thankfully I'd say we're far enough out that any of those rumors of him being dead already are complete bullshit. Just hope they resuscitated quick enough that he won't be affected in any major way going forward

Monticore 01-03-2023 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 16705528)
Seems as if he might suffer from Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Hereditary genetic issue that can cause cardiac arrest in young athletes. Only time will tell. Prayers to him and his family.

With the amount of people who take hit to the chest in all sports across the world I would not be surprised if there was another factor involved , congenital heart defects even in élite athletes go unnoticed fairly often.

njchiefs 01-03-2023 05:40 AM

To be optimistic, based on the fact that he received CPR so quickly and his heart rhythm was restored on the field … I bet he’s going to be all right. They will keep him sedated on the ventilator, possibly with body cooled down (hypothermia protocol) for a day to improve prognosis for neurological recovery. So we may not hear anything more today.

Monty 01-03-2023 05:58 AM

My DIL is an ER RN and her take is the EMTs did the right thing last night and saved his life. It’s now time to understand if there was other damage, so I’m hopeful that we we will hear good news today, but it may take longer.

The fallout over the biz side of things will be interesting to watch unfold over the next few days. The show must go on.

Easy 6 01-03-2023 06:14 AM

Thank God he is alive and stable, what an awful outcome for everyone involved

MahomesMagic 01-03-2023 06:23 AM

Scary stuff last night.

Prayers for Damar and his family.

notorious 01-03-2023 06:38 AM

Just woke up fearing bad news.

Glad he is hanging on.

displacedinMN 01-03-2023 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 16705536)
My DIL is an ER RN and her take is the EMTs did the right thing last night and saved his life. It’s now time to understand if there was other damage, so I’m hopeful that we we will hear good news today, but it may take longer.

The fallout over the biz side of things will be interesting to watch unfold over the next few days. The show must go on.

Even at 6:30 this morning, I would say any speculation is crap.

Except for:

He is alive and in critical condition.

Everything will be told, but this is not the time for anything else.

Kman34 01-03-2023 06:39 AM

Hoping to hear good news today..

YayMike 01-03-2023 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 16705536)

My wife is one too. She said they 100% have saved his life for now. 9 minutes is an eternity though and… we need to pray for him

MeaTy The Pimp 01-03-2023 07:02 AM

Prayers and best wishes to Damar and his family. That was awful. I wish him the best.