ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:48 PM

This draft is these guys chance to show that things will be done differently than in the past.

If we trade for a backup, nothing has changed.

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to Pioli.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429627)
It sucks and i'm in no way advocating this, but you pretty much have to throw out what the last regime did at this point. That doesn't matter.

Seems there's just to much "non QB at 1" smoke for it to just be GM/coach speak.

of course it matters, as does every move we've made at QB for decades

the new guy shows up and wants 'his' backup instead of going to the one ****ing place you should for a QB: the first round of the draft...it's the same stupid shit, doesn't matter who is doing it

foles wouldn't be a first round pick this year...it's embarrassing

O.city 02-23-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429641)

the new guy shows up and wants 'his' backup instead of going to the one ****ing place you should for a QB: the first round of the draft...it's the same stupid shit, doesn't matter who is doing it

I feel that way sure. It matters to us.

But the new regime doesn't. What the previous one did, likely has no bearing on them.

BossChief 02-23-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429641)

exactly

htismaqe 02-23-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429639)
This draft is these guys chance to show that things will be done differently than in the past.

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to *****.

This.

Old Dog 02-23-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429534)
DJ brought this up, but I'd offer a swap of first round picks, our 2 this year and a third next year for Foles and Maclin.

Scott, is that you? I thought you were working for NFLN now.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to *****.

What a difference four years make. Pioli was defended to the death for a pulling a Carl-lite, since Pioli isn't even worthy of sniffing early-90s Carl's jock.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2013 09:06 PM

IMO, trading for Foles is a last resort option.

I'd rather see the Chiefs acquire Smith or Flynn along with a developmental prospect because if they trade for Foles, he gets two years to prove he doesn't suck ass.

And that's most likely, two years too many.

O.city 02-23-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9429922)

I'd rather see the Chiefs acquire Smith or Flynn along with a developmental prospect because if they trade for Foles, he gets two years to prove he doesn't suck ass.

If I'm being frank, I don't really want any of the three. But if I'm forced, I'd probably rather go with Smith for these reasons, but I think whoever we bring in is gonna get 2 years.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9429922)

If they trade for Alex Smith, he's getting 2 years too, maybe more.

Face it, if they bring in somebody with a name, that person is most likely going to be "the man" for the foreseeable future.

SAUTO 02-23-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429589)
Our own Left Nut proposed this trade? Then he had a Scooter moment because this is ****ing asinine.

If you're trading out of 1/1, you should be the one profiting, not the one getting ****ed.

his deal was not exactLT the same as this one.

Iirc it was the number one for four , their second, foles and maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9430026)
his deal was not exactLT the same as this one.

Iirc it was the number one for four , their second, foles and maclin
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I changed the numbers up. They were way too much looking back on it.

My fault.

penbrook 02-23-2013 09:35 PM

We have no idea what Reid and Dorsey will do. He has been known to do a 360 in every draft.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9429972)
If they trade for Alex Smith, he's getting 2 years too, maybe more.

Face it, if they bring in somebody with a name, that person is most likely going to be "the man" for the foreseeable future.

How so? If they trade for smith I think they draft either Bray, Manuel, or Jones. We now know Cassel is gone I doubt they bring in another vet to backup Alex Smith. The only question is what round do they draft a QB?

To me Alex Smith for a 4th is great if Geno Smith is the #1 pick. We know the odds of a 4th round QB producing like Alex Smith arent great.

Titty Meat 02-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Foles is to Reid/Dorsey as Cassel is to Pioli.

I dont think this is a fair statement to make. For starters Foles has more upside. If they trade for Foles and draft a Qb in the draft its different. If they hit on free agents and draft picks its different too.