ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (11/4) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326454)

Direckshun 11-04-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14574605)
What are his strengths? He can't play consistently cause he's hurt and he makes a lot of money, in which the Chiefs need a lot of back next year because of other contracts.

So teams know they're gonna have to cut some guys and LDT would be one of them. Why trade for a guy that makes a lot of money and may get cut?

The same reason why most guys are traded for: there may be competition for him and you want to wrap him up for yourself.

You could also re-sign LDT when you trade for him. That's typical with many trades; it's what we did with Clark.

Halfcan 11-04-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14574785)
Not reading a single one of these until you finally nut up and pick the Chiefs to win it all

This! He has been posting this stupid Pats shit since Training camp. :doh!:

BryanBusby 11-05-2019 07:09 PM

I think the Chiefs should just ride that last cheap Pat year as is and worry about an extension come the option year.

I think Watkins can be moved for a 3rd, Jones should get an extension if he can continue to show he can play DE and Ldt should come back on a paycut.

Ogbah can hit the free market and I really don't like any of those picks or FA signings tbh.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-05-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14577326)
I think the Chiefs should just ride that last cheap Pat year as is and worry about an extension come the option year.

I think Watkins can be moved for a 3rd, Jones should get an extension if he can continue to show he can play DE and Ldt should come back on a paycut.

Ogbah can hit the free market and I really don't like any of those picks or FA signings tbh.

I’m curious about what Watkins can bring with his cap number.

If he finishes strong and contributes to a championship team, I would think some team flush with cap space will pay up for his rights in the form of a day 2 draft pick.

BryanBusby 11-05-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14577371)

If he finishes strong and contributes to a championship team, I would think some team flush with cap space will pay up for his rights in the form of a day 2 draft pick.

I would anticipate any deal involving him would include an extension to lower that 2020 cap charge.

Carolina, Tampa Bay, Miami are 3 spots that I could see him landing.

Direckshun 11-06-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14577371)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14577416)
I would anticipate any deal involving him would include an extension to lower that 2020 cap charge.

Yup.

Same, in my opinion, with LDT.