ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

Molitoth 10-28-2013 10:27 AM

Rose is a douche.

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10133783)
I think the Rockets win the West. They're solid and VERY deep. Especially at the 5. They might not have the most talented starting 5 (but they are very good), but their roster is solid top to bottom. If they stay healthy, they can win it all.

And after they do, it will be one of those deals where "folks in the know" will be saying that they should have seen it coming when you take a good look at their roster.

I tend to think that you need the starting five to take down a conference. We will see which Dwight they get.

I don't see how they're going to beat the Clippers.

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

That's how I see the west ranked right now. I could be totally wrong, but I've never liked Memphis and I just don't see how Dallas keeps up this year.

I know I have OKC high, but Durant is the second best player in the world right now, and I refuse to put him lower than third.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 10:55 AM

the Griz from 3rd to 8th?

I dont know about that

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10134003)
the Griz from 3rd to 8th?

I dont know about that

Me neither, but I tend to favor star power and I just don't have that much faith in Zach Randolf and Gasolito. They seem like overlapping talents, and I just don't see how they keep up with scoring.

okcchief 10-28-2013 11:31 AM

Kev, My phone tripped out and I joined 3 times somrhow. Delete 2 of those please:)

mcaj22 10-28-2013 01:17 PM

I had to look since my favorite team just got the Polish Hammer but here are the Suns picks for next years draft class

Pick #1: Their own.

Pick #2: Minnesota Timberwolves, top-13 protected. Acquired in a July 2012 three-team trade that sent Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to New Orleans.

Pick #3: Indiana Pacers, top-14 protected. Acquired in a July 2013 trade that sent Luis Scola to Indiana.

Pick #4: Washington Wizards, top-12 protected. Acquired in a trade last week that sent Marcin Gortat to Washington.

Assuming all those teams make the playoffs they will have their own high pick and then a bunch of picks in the teens.

RustShack 10-28-2013 01:21 PM

LeBron is coming home after this year.

KevB 10-28-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10134106)
Kev, My phone tripped out and I joined 3 times somrhow. Delete 2 of those please:)

Will do, thanks

We need 3 more owners to get to 10

L.A. Chieffan 10-28-2013 02:41 PM

I signed up

Al Bundy 10-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10133906)
I tend to think that you need the starting five to take down a conference. We will see which Dwight they get.

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

That's how I see the west ranked right now. I could be totally wrong, but I've never liked Memphis and I just don't see how Dallas keeps up this year.

I know I have OKC high, but Durant is the second best player in the world right now, and I refuse to put him lower than third.

The Warriors going to finish 4th at least.

TEX 10-28-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10133906)

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

I hear you and agree to a point but Houston's 5 is nothing to balk at. They are L-O-A-D-E-D top to bottom. They'll beat the Clippers because they can play a variety of ways. They can play with BIGS and be VERY BIG or smalls and be VERY quick. They are very deep. The key was keeping Omar Asik when they signed Howard. They also kept Brooks, Beverly and Lin and can be lightening quick with Howard as the sole Big when they run smalls.

Regarding Howard - Olajuwon has been working with him and he "gets it" thus far. I'm betting Good Howard came to play in Houston. If so - they'll leap to the top of the West.

KC_Connection 10-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10133884)
Wade is getting #4 this year. Hope the rest of you enjoy the show.

Can he do a bit more in the playoffs this time around? Would make it easier on a certain potential GOAT.

KC_Connection 10-28-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10133318)
If anybody is looking for a fantasy league I set up, you can join at the link:

Yahoo fantasy b'ball league

In.

KevB 10-28-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10134974)
I hear you and agree to a point but Houston's 5 is nothing to balk at. They are L-O-A-D-E-D top to bottom. They'll beat the Clippers because they can play a variety of ways. They can play with BIGS and be VERY BIG or smalls and be VERY quick. They are very deep. The key was keeping Omar Asik when they signed Howard. They also kept Brooks, Beverly and Lin and can be lightening quick with Howard as the sole Big when they run smalls.

Regarding Howard - Olajuwon has been working with him and he "gets it" thus far. I'm betting Good Howard came to play in Houston. If so - they'll leap to the top of the West.

A lot of assumptions here. McHale is going to try to play Howard and Asik together....I don't see it. Both lane cloggers, both terrible free throw shooters, neither a good passer out of the post. You're also assuming Howard is ever going to be healthy enough to be the Howard of old. His attitude gets the press, but he never looked as explosive last year as he did in Orlando. Back injuries can take it out of you.

Lin/Beverly/Brooks are all decent players, but all three probably stretched as starting PG's. Harden is a quasi PG though, so he masks the PG problem a bit. Garcia and Casspi should be decent wing shooters, but Casspi has looked good before and then disappeared during the season.

Parsons is good, I expect more of the same from him this season.

It would be really big if T. Jones or Montiejunas stepped up to become serious players at the 4 --- that could change the game for them.

I'm excited to watch this team.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 07:20 AM

I am excited for the season to start and I was going to make all kinds of predictions but the other night I saw Oden highlights and figured why bother. If he stays healthy and that is a big if the Heat are going to 3-peat. Of course that depends on Lebron staying healthy as well which I fully expect him to be and I expect him to be even better this year.

I will make one prediction in that I think the MVP will be Derrick Rose. We all know Lebron is the best player in the world but I think if Rose plays like he has in the preseason I think he will win it.

As far as my Celtics go it is going to be a long season but I think they will compete for a playoff spot if Rondo comes back early enough.