ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mike Tomlin Gets it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269466)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-29-2013 05:03 PM

Mike Tomlin Gets it.

Steelers hire new offensive line coach
Posted by Josh Alper on January 29, 2013, 6:00 PM EST

The Steelers have found their replacement for Sean Kugler, who ditched the offensive line coach job to take the top job at UTEP.

The team announced that Jack Bicknell Jr. will replace Kugler. Bicknell coached the Chiefs offensive line last season and spent the previous three seasons as the assistant offensive line coach with the Giants. He was also the head coach of Louisiana Tech from 1999 to 2006 and ranks third in wins in school history.

Coach Mike Tomlin said that he was impressed by the way the Chiefs ran the ball last season despite having nothing but misery at the quarterback position. The Steelers have talked a lot about their disappointment with the running game since the end of the season.

“The proof is in the pudding,” said Tomlin, via the website. “When I had an opportunity to look, not only at what he says from a presentation standpoint but also at what the tape looks like, it was attractive. Obviously they were in a tough situation this past year in Kansas City from a team standpoint. Their record reflects that. They had some instability at the quarterback position, but they ran the ball and they ran the ball consistently.”

Bicknell, who is the son of former Boston College and Barcelona Dragons coach Jack Bicknell, inherits a line that was constantly in flux thanks to injuries in 2012. With recent high picks like Maurkice Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert, David DeCastro and Mike Adams in the fold, the team hopes to find a unit that can grow and stay healthy together.

loochy 01-29-2013 05:05 PM

its nice that SOMEONE actually noticed that.

I think its pretty amazing that the Chiefs ran the ball as well as they did. I can't imagine what a passing threat would do.

mcaj22 01-29-2013 05:17 PM

sadly that Bicknell guy actually kind of did his job and produced a good oline analytically

but sometimes there's collateral. but there was great line play last season and if he had anything to do with it he should improve the Steelers

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 05:29 PM

lets just call it "absolute pioli". Same difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover 01-29-2013 07:23 PM

Geno + Chiefs running game = 16-0

Setsuna 01-29-2013 07:26 PM

Tomlin is hoping for a similar situation in Pittsburgh so he can finally get rid of Rapelisberger.

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9363053)
Tomlin is hoping for a similar situation in Pittsburgh so he can finally get rid of Rapelisberger.

Yeah it's bad enough being raped without having to have his Super Bowl rings pressed up against you as well.

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9362587)
its nice that SOMEONE actually noticed that.

I think its pretty amazing that the Chiefs ran the ball as well as they did. I can't imagine what a passing threat would do.

see 2002-03

Fritz88 01-29-2013 07:46 PM

90% of it had to do with JC.

If what he says is true, then Hillis should have had a remotely decent season.

BlackHelicopters 01-29-2013 07:56 PM

Tomlinson seems know his shit. The Rooney family does things mainly right. Jealous.

WhiteWhale 01-29-2013 08:36 PM

It was amazing what Jamaal Charles did this season, but I"m not going to give credit to an offensive line coach for it. JC is a special player.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9363267)
It was amazing what Jamaal Charles did this season, but I"m not going to give credit to an offensive line coach for it. JC is a special player.

This
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 01-29-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9363128)
Tomlinson seems know his shit. The Rooney family does things mainly right. Jealous.

wut

Strongside 01-29-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9363332)
wut

I said Joe Montegna.
http://www.cineol.net/images/noticia...s/Waterboy.jpg