ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Broncos sign Colquitt, a Marine and others (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206964)

vailpass 04-29-2009 10:21 AM

Broncos sign Colquitt, a Marine and others

Nose tackle Baker played at Penn St.
Lindsay H. Jones and Natalie Meisler, The Denver Post
Posted: 04/28/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

The Broncos added a rookie nose tackle after all.

The team signed 15 undrafted college free agents Monday, including 6-foot-2, 326-pound Chris Baker, who played nose tackle and defensive end at Hampton University.

The Broncos had considered drafting Baker on Sunday.

Off-field issues likely caused Baker, who was projected as a second- day draft pick, to go undrafted.

Baker played two seasons at Penn State but was dismissed from the team in July 2008 after pleading guilty to misdemeanor assault and criminal trespassing charges after fights. Baker had 8 1/2 sacks last season at Hampton and should have a good chance to make the Broncos' roster because the team has no clear starter and little depth at nose tackle.

The rest of the team's college free-agent haul includes defensive ends Rulon Davis from Cal and Everette Pedescleaux from Northern Iowa and linebacker Lee Robinson from Alcorn State to help bolster the team's front seven. The team used only one of its 10 draft picks (No. 18 overall pick Robert Ayers) to help the front seven.

Davis, 25, served in the Marines for three years out of high school — and did a six-month tour in Iraq.

The rest of the signees: running back Kestahn Moore (Florida); wide receivers David Grimes (Notre Dame), Travis Shelton (Temple), Lucas Taylor (Tennessee) and Nate Swift (Nebraska); offensive tackles Stanley Bryant (East Carolina) and Marcus Gordon (Kentucky State); tight end Marquez Branson (Central Arkansas); cornerbacks D.J. Johnson (Jackson State) and Tony Carter (Florida State); and punter Britton Colquitt (Tennessee).

Colquitt's brother, Dustin, punts for the Kansas City Chiefs.

www.denverpost.com

Mile High Mania 04-29-2009 10:34 AM

Just keep Baker away from Brandon Marshall...

orange 04-29-2009 10:38 AM

They've got a Marine, a Georgia running back, and a DE named Rulon.

This team is getting back to it's roots.

vailpass 04-29-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5725427)
Just keep Baker away from Brandon Marshall...

I'm more worried about B-Marsh's woman, that sasquatch is at the center of just about every trouble he has.

vailpass 04-29-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5725441)
They've got a Marine, a Georgia running back, and a DE named Rulon.

This team is getting back to it's roots.

Yeah I liked the Rulon thing too.

CoMoChief 04-29-2009 11:04 AM

Its a shame I tell you, that DEN won't win 5 games this season.

The Franchise 04-29-2009 11:06 AM

I didn't even realize that Chris Baker wasn't drafted. We should have signed him.

vailpass 04-29-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5725533)
Its a shame I tell you, that DEN won't win 5 games this season.

Coming from a guy whose team won exactly two games last year that prediction doesn't pack a whole lot of punch. Maybe next year.

vailpass 04-29-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5725541)
I didn't even realize that Chris Baker wasn't drafted. We should have signed him.

Are you familiar with his play?

The Franchise 04-29-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5725546)
Are you familiar with his play?

I just knew that he would be good depth for the NT position. That's not to say that I've seen any of his games....just that he had the size and strength.

vailpass 04-29-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5725556)
I just knew that he would be good depth for the NT position. That's not to say that I've seen any of his games....just that he had the size and strength.

Cool, thanks. Thought you might be one of the 32 people who watched Hampton football.

The Franchise 04-29-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5725589)
Cool, thanks. Thought you might be one of the 32 people who watched Hampton football.

Nope....can't claim that. I'm actually kind of glad that I can't claim that.

RealSNR 04-29-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5725545)
Coming from a guy whose team won exactly two games last year that prediction doesn't pack a whole lot of punch. Maybe next year.

His team won 2 games last season. That doesn't mean he can't spot a bad, shitty, crap, smelly, stinky, putrid, incontinent, fetid, rotting, weak, feeble, gutless, talentless, dickless, assless team like the Broncos when he sees one.

KCrockaholic 04-29-2009 12:27 PM

Crap, well atleast we know Britton wont be as good as Dustin. Thats our MVP dammit, Denver doesnt deserve the name Colquitt.

58kcfan89 04-29-2009 12:53 PM

At least we know that if/when (we'll probably have to punt at least a few times until we get another legit WR opposite Bowe for Haley/Cassel to play with) we have to punt against the donks, Dustin'll be punting the sh*t out of the ball to show his brother who's boss.