ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is it Darwin Thompson time? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325147)

Valiant 11-02-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14568111)
How long did that last? Lol. Face it: the kid clearly showed the coaches he wasn't ready yet, which is why we're halfway through the season and he's got like 6 touches.

I never said he sucked, by the way. Are you Darwin Thompson? Is that why you're so butthurt right now?

They drafted him so surely they want to get him on the field.

No, if you watch league wide very few coaches will put a rookie over a player they already paid or traded for. Hunt would not had his breakout without the injury. Charles would have been on another team if ljwasnt an ass.

The kid has shown flashes, but no real game time touches. Shady has singlehandedly helped in two losses.

ThaVirus 11-02-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14568305)
No, if you watch league wide very few coaches will put a rookie over a player they already paid or traded for. Hunt would not had his breakout without the injury. Charles would have been on another team if ljwasnt an ass.

The kid has shown flashes, but no real game time touches. Shady has singlehandedly helped in two losses.

That's cool. Really cool story.

What's it got to do with what we're talking about?

Bottom line: our RB position heading into preseason was shit. Damien was hurt, no one believed in Darrel, and LeSean wasn't on the team. If Darwin had shown that he was ready to play he'd have gotten his opportunity to do so by now. Especially with Dame averaging negative 6 YPC and Shady fumbling away multiple games.

He could come in and play well. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.. but that's not the debate.

Iconic 11-02-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14568161)
Then explain how he's now our 4th string back. That's some fuzzy math.

i don't have to explain a literal ****ing thing. my point was he was setting up to be the 2nd stringer before mccoy got here. and he was, based off preseason and who he was playing with. absolutely jack ****ing shit will change that fact.

why he's not getting reps post mccoy is an entirely different debate and i don't give a god damn mother****ing shit about speculating the cause with you

Kiimo 11-03-2019 11:01 AM

WTF Darwin in active today.

What a cocktease. Somebody please explain to me what is going on with this guy

ThaVirus 11-03-2019 11:06 AM

Darwin's "gearing up!!!@1!"

Aaaaand he's inactive again LMAO

cabletech94 11-03-2019 11:16 AM

heres a hot take!!

hear me out here. what if darwin is reid's "secret weapon" to use against the Pats, much like hunt. no tape out there for BB to see.

winning! flame away........

BossChief 11-03-2019 11:17 AM

Kris Wilson 2?

RGR has been right about this kid all along. He didn’t give much reasoning, but said from early on that Thompson wouldn’t play a lot as a rookie.

Chiefshrink 11-03-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14569227)
WTF Darwin in active today.

What a cocktease. Somebody please explain to me what is going on with this guy

IMHO, they don't trust him in pass blocking(recognizing/his size-going against the Vikes D) and maybe he is slow picking up the playbook as well.

Deberg_1990 12-01-2019 06:02 PM

Yes please!

More playing time.

Molitoth 12-01-2019 06:02 PM

Dude runs HARD.

ThaVirus 12-01-2019 06:03 PM

Loved seeing all the other guys being so happy for him getting his first TD

smithandrew051 12-01-2019 06:03 PM

Fresh legs at the right time. Feed him.

staylor26 12-01-2019 06:08 PM

Yea he need to be a part of the gameplan every single week

Great Expectations 12-01-2019 06:08 PM

He has looked very good every chance he has received. Just didn’t get any from preseason until today. I think he is our best back, but I’ve also thought that since mid-August. Remember that Hunt wouldn't have gotten looks early if it wasn’t for injuries.

carcosa 12-01-2019 06:09 PM

yes