ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV KNIVES OUT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327269)

Mama Hip Rockets 12-10-2019 02:58 PM

KNIVES OUT

Anybody seen this yet? It was amazing. One of the best movies I have ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qOg3AoRc4nI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TinyEvel 12-10-2019 04:47 PM

I must be in the minority but I hated it.

We saw it on Thanksgiving night. Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.

I like murder mysteries too.

Just didn't find this one rewarding. Not really entertaining either.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-10-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14648958)
I must be in the minority but I hated it.

We saw it on Thanksgiving night. Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.

I like murder mysteries too.

Just didn't find this one rewarding. Not really entertaining either.

Hmm, sorry you didn't like it. You're definitely in the minority, though. 8.1 on IMDB, 97% RT critics, 92% RT audience.

Sorry 12-10-2019 05:18 PM

No spoilers I’m taking my wife after her last finals today. Glad it’s good reviews

Deberg_1990 12-10-2019 05:52 PM

I liked it a lot. Can’t talk about it much without spoilers involved

DeepPurple 12-10-2019 09:59 PM

At 90 minutes I began looking at my watch. Yes, it had an interesting story, some twists, but 2+ hours it became grueling. I gave it a 7.0 on IMDB, if they could at least take out 20 minutes I could gone a point higher. The beginning questioning sessions were interesting, but dragged on for too long. Talking to the old lady near the end, provided a clue, but didn't need 5 minutes alone with her. There was many places they could edited.

The acting was superb, the story was good as I said, just ran too long. Normally I love films like this, not really into the explosions and action adventure types. Also I liked Daniel Craig, but not the southern accent, it just didn't fit him. A better twist would of been when he was alone with Marta, he could of gone into cahoots with her, that's all I'm going to say on that.

Chief Pagan 12-10-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14648958)
Maybe cuz I had a space cake before the show but it was just hard to follow and very convoluted at the end. Some good acting, yeah, but I felt it had too many convenient plot twists and a coverup of a coverup and then a reverse backflip. it was just too much.

I took it to be a bit tongue-in-cheek over the top. So I found the convenient plot twist more amusing than annoying.

I really liked it.

SAGA45 12-10-2019 10:30 PM

Loved it! Great cast and excellent writing. Im in absolute love with Toni Collette

Talisman 12-11-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 14649406)
Talking to the old lady near the end, provided a clue, but didn't need 5 minutes alone with her.

But what a great pee break. My wife left to hit the restroom and when she got back and asked what she missed, I gave her a blank stare.

(Quick plug for the app RunPee. They let you know the best times to step out during a movie and provide a synopsis of what you missed. Use it all the time.)

BigBeauford 12-11-2019 03:35 PM

This movie was a ton of fun really, but it was also an in one ear and out the other affair that I probably won't watch again.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-12-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14649052)
I liked it a lot. Can’t talk about it much without spoilers involved

Of course you did. You watch anything.

Shocking your dumbass didn't hate it since it was good though

scho63 12-12-2019 02:22 PM

This is still showing as CAM meaning camcorder on my favorite free movie site. Once it goes to HD I'll watch.

Great Expectations 12-13-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14651948)
This is still showing as CAM meaning camcorder on my favorite free movie site. Once it goes to HD I'll watch.

What is your favorite free movie site?