ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

Mother****erJones 06-20-2013 07:56 AM

Does he work out for KC today?

Mav 06-20-2013 10:43 AM

To the point about Ozzie not wanting to keep leach, and it not being monetary. Okay, we will see how that works out this year. You know who is going to be pissed? RAY RICE, because he is not going to have near the year he had when running behind him. Ask LT, what a difference Lorenzo Neal made for him, anyone else remember Emmitt Smiths Hall of Fame induction, who he mentioned? How about ask Peyton Hillis how much Lawrence Vickers meant to his success.....and then, to his demise. Ie he was gone blocking for ARIAN FOSTER who had a huge year behind him......

BossChief 06-20-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9764249)
The "he won't let him leave without a contract stuff" is pure hyperbole. It has to be.

Dorsey does love Bishop. Bob Sutton loves versatile linebackers that can stay on the field on all downs. Bishop provides that.

If Bishop comes in here wanting what he made with Green Bay, he's not getting it because that money isn't available right now.

I think ultimately the Chiefs do end up signing him, but I think that it's going to be a massively incentive laden deal.

Any chance they are still trying to trade Albert?

The Bad Guy 06-20-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9764664)
Any chance they are still trying to trade Albert?

Don't think so. I asked about his status and was told opening day left tackle.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-20-2013 12:46 PM

Report: Desmond Bishop decision looms
June, 20, 2013
Jun 20
1:55
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Recommend2
Tweet5
Comments154
Email
Print

USA Today reports that free-agent linebacker Desmond Bishop will likely choose between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Minnesota Vikings after visiting the Chiefs on Thursday. He was cut by Green Bay on Monday and visited Minnesota on Wednesday.

Perhaps the Chiefs will have an edge because Bishop knows new Kansas City general manager John Dorsey. He came from Green Bay earlier in the year. Bishop, who is coming off a major hamstring injury, would be a 3-4 starting inside linebacker if he joins the Chiefs. The Chiefs don’t have a ton of cap room, so they might have to do some juggling.

In other AFC West Notes:

ESPN.com has revealed its top 300 fantasy players for the 2013 season. The highest ranked player from the AFC West is Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles. He is ranked sixth. No other player from the division is ranked in the top 20.

Fair? Unfair? Hash it out below, fantasy diehards.

TRR 06-20-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9764248)
Not being a dick, but from where, from whom?

Are you like TBG and have inside sources, or are you referring to mentions in the media - and if so, which outlets?

I'm just curious, because that's good news and I hope it's true.

I have a credible source in KC that I speak to every now and again. His words were simply that Dorsey is VERY happy GB let him go and is not comfortable with the other ILB position next to DJ. He said they will agree to terms if everything checks out. If they don't, the hamstring is an issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 06-20-2013 02:10 PM

Per SiriusXM NFL Radio

@Desbishop55 tells @SiriusXMNFL he's still a FA "No pen to the paper yet, just going around taking visits & weighing my options right now"

penbrook 06-20-2013 02:16 PM

Per SiriusXM NFL Radio

@Desbishop55 tells @SiriusXMNFL that in addition to the @Vikings & @kcchiefs , the @Giants and @jaguars are also interested in his services.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-20-2013 02:21 PM

Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS 6s

talkin w'Desmond Bishop-Said he could return to GB if all things equal. he may consider NYG&Jax but I got feelin he picks a team tonight

-King- 06-20-2013 02:25 PM

Don't really think he's coming here.

mcaj22 06-20-2013 02:27 PM

I don't think so either cause of the little money we have

but he's guaranteed a starting spot here. I dont think hes necessarily guaranteed a starting spot in those 4-3 defenses like the Vikings and Jags, two teams that already have two very good MLBers, that have no desire to lose their spot.

Titty Meat 06-20-2013 02:31 PM

Yup he won't be coming here

SPATCH 06-20-2013 02:51 PM

PHM, guys.

The Bad Guy 06-20-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9765126)
I don't think so either cause of the little money we have

but he's guaranteed a starting spot here. I dont think hes necessarily guaranteed a starting spot in those 4-3 defenses like the Vikings and Jags, two teams that already have two very good MLBers, that have no desire to lose their spot.

Giants have less money than we do.

This is all posturing to drive up price. All things aren't equal. Green Bay isn't going to bring him back when they took a hit cutting him.

I'm going to be shocked if he's not a Chief.

BossChief 06-20-2013 03:43 PM

If they find a way to get both Leach AND Bishop signed, I'm calling and ordering season tickets.

I'm not thrilled about Alex Smith, but other than that...this has been one hell of a good offseason. We upgraded a lot of positions.