ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

Dunerdr 06-23-2021 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15718468)
Gay and Bolton are going to be demons in the middle of the field of our defense.

Our front 7 is going to be fun to watch in the near future.

Much improved from blind demons with downs from what i have heard.

Beef Supreme 06-23-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15717296)
What about a blind AND deaf one?

He's not much of a linebacker, but he sure plays a mean pinball.

wheeler08 08-21-2021 07:08 AM

What’s the CP consensus of him after 2 games? Seems to always be around the ball

Bowser 08-21-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 15794134)
What’s the CP consensus of him after 2 games? Seems to always be around the ball

He's still a rookie and will still make rookie mistakes from time to time, but so far his speed and instincts are evident. I'm excited to see what he and Willie Gay are looking like for us at the beginning of December.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-21-2021 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15695719)
Clyde, Danna, and Sneed all had an immediate impact last year. Nnadi did as well his rookie year. Hell, Fenton did to an extent too.

Humphrey is already lining up as the starting C.

Not every draft pick is going to contribute immediately. The only issue here is that you’re focusing on the ones that don’t, and ignoring the ones that do.

Our last 2 draft have been fantastic, and if this one is anything like last years or how it looks on paper, it will absolutely be “sustainable”.

People who know what they're looking at: Damn Bolton is solid out there already

CP drafturbators: But but but muh 3 cone!!

kcclone 08-21-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 15794134)

I think he’s gonna be good. We will walk on Hitch next year and I don’t see any drop off. Bolton also has a higher upside than Hitch IMO.

Skyy God 08-21-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 15794157)
I think he’s gonna be good. We will walk on Hitch next year and I don’t see any drop off. Bolton also has a higher upside than Hitch IMO.

Looks like we could be moving on from all 3 of the big 2019 defensive overhaul signings (Clark and HB).

Chris Meck 08-21-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15794159)
Looks like we could be moving on from all 3 of the big 2019 defensive overhaul signings (Clark and HB).

It's possible.

I think they find a way to get HB done though.

kcclone 08-21-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15794159)

Yeah, I'd be shocked if Hitch and Clark are back. Honey Badger I'm leaning towards them re-signing, although I think we need to be very careful of a 29/30 year old safety.

jjchieffan 08-21-2021 11:45 AM

Honey Badger is a big part of our defense and the attitude change that came with the overhaul. He's still playing at a high level. If Hitchens and Clark are both gone, I see no reason to let Mathieu walk. Safeties like him aren't easily replaced.

Direckshun 08-21-2021 12:10 PM

I think it’s clear that HB is extremely valuable… but.

Veach has been softening the ground for his release by saying money is tight.

The Chiefs are likely extending Hill, Brown, and probably a premier DE next offseason after we let Clark go.

I don’t know how you do that while also signing a 30 year old safety to $17m/year money.

Maybe the salary cap will surprise me, but I doubt it.

tredadda 08-21-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15794370)

The Chiefs are likely extending Hill, Brown, and probably a premier DE next offseason after we let Clark go.

I don’t know how you do that while also signing a 30 year old safety to $17m/year money.

Honestly I hope you are wrong and they retain HB. At the same time he has a say in it as well. He has to understand the money/length of contract he probably wants makes it hard for KC to retain him. I imagine if he is reasonable with his demands Veach finds a way to keep him. If not he walks and goes to the highest bidder.

RINGLEADER 08-21-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15794370)

Pretty much this. I think Veach has a number that works and HB wants more. Veach wants to keep him but isn’t going to chase a number that will make it impossible to keep Orlando or Tyreek. Not for a guy who will be 34 by the end of the deal.

That said, there’s no reason we can’t just deal with this issue next offseason. Maybe his price goes up but maybe it doesn’t. Time will tell…..

Wallcrawler 08-21-2021 12:45 PM

Sadly, Badger seems to be a merc. He originally said he wanted to stay in Houston but then came here for more money. Since winning a ring, and being voted team MVP, dude seems all about recognition and the payday.

Best of luck HB. Thanks for (potentially) three awesome years, but its time to go.

neech 08-21-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15794401)
Sadly, Badger seems to be a merc. He originally said he wanted to stay in Houston but then came here for more money. Since winning a ring, and being voted team MVP, dude seems all about recognition and the payday.

Best of luck HB. Thanks for (potentially) three awesome years, but its time to go.

I'd hate to see him go but business is business, we could trade him off, right?