ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

ModSocks 04-30-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 15655589)
His speed and weaknesses scare me.

They're not going to ask him to do things he's not good at doing. Leave that kind of stuff to the Willie Gays of the world.

staylor26 04-30-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15655590)
Don’t like it. Would’ve preferred Marshall.

So would many of us, but we have no idea how they felt about the medicals.

RunKC 04-30-2021 08:25 PM

I know I’ll get flamed for this but it feels a bit like the Speaks pick. I trust Veach but I was very meh on this kid.

I’m not hating. But this was very “meh” to me. Like I wasn’t excited.

Hope I’m wrong obviously bc he apparently is smart as hell and can replace Hitch. Just my 2 cents

ModSocks 04-30-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15655606)
I know I’ll get flamed for this but it feels a bit like the Speaks pick. I trust Veach but I was very meh on this kid.

Hope I’m wrong obviously bc he apparently is smart as hell and can replace Hitch. Just my 2 cents

Probably because you thought you were getting a WR.

Chiefshrink 04-30-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15655594)
I was hoping for a WR like everyone else, but this is a good pick and at a position some of us kinda figured they'd address.

My sentiments as well but they must know there is some really great hidden gems at the WR position even in the 4th and Veach did say LB was weak this year and probably felt Bolton was the last playmaker knowing the Saints were LB needy as well and sure enough Saints took the LB from Ohio State.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-30-2021 08:27 PM

I don’t know much about him but I have no doubt in a room of the 100 best NFL coaches, scouts and executives that Veach and Reid are 1A and 1B so I have zero concern. We needed a LB, they took a LB. I’m guessing they know how they’re going to use him.

The Franchise 04-30-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

I’m there too. It was just meh to me.

nychief 04-30-2021 08:28 PM

Spags signed off on this, the kid is just a football player... if you watched a single snap with him at mizzou, then ya know.

staylor26 04-30-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

LMAO

This is nothing like the Speaks pick. At all.

Bolton went lower than expected. He was at one time a 1st round prospect.

wazu 04-30-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15655603)
So would many of us, but we have no idea how they felt about the medicals.

Yeah. In Veach we trust. Seems to have done a masterful job with the o-line which matters more.

ModSocks 04-30-2021 08:30 PM

Reggie Ragland before the busted knees.

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

The way I look at it is that the Orlando Brown jr acquisition and the Creed Humphrey selection made it so the Chiefs crushed the 2021 draft.

Those two guys alone are really more than I expected in one offseason. Add in Jarran Reed and Veach gets an A+++.

If Bolton and any other selection can make an impact in 2021 and beyond, even better.

KC2004 04-30-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15655617)
LMAO

This is nothing like the Speaks pick. At all.

Bolton went lower than expected. He was at one time a 1st round prospect.

Spent a lot of years on here listening to people tell me how bad a draft pick is only to watch them blow up. I will reserve judgement. Don't know why I quoted you but I felt on your side.

Flying High D 04-30-2021 08:31 PM

BRing him in for a look, what could it hurt?

Chiefspants 04-30-2021 08:31 PM

Chiefsplanet: “WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO KEEP BEN NIEMANN OFF THE FIELD”

Veach drafts the best possible replacement available: “NO! NOT LIKE THAT!!”

I’m exaggerating a bit, but still.