ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dwayne Bowe reaches agreement with Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262252)

Mr. Laz 08-10-2012 03:57 PM

Dwayne Bowe reaches agreement with Chiefs?

Source: Dwayne Bowe reaches agreement with Chiefs
Holdout seen flying to Kansas City Friday

UPDATED 4:14 PM CDT Aug 10, 2012

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -
Holdout wide receiver Dwayne Bowe has reached agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs over his contract dispute, a source has told KMBC 9 News.

Bowe, who has missed all of the team's training camp, was spotted flying to Kansas City on Friday afternoon.

Bowe, 27, had been holding out while trying to get a long-term contract. He did not sign one before the league deadline for a long-term deal expired last month.

The Chiefs named him their nonexclusive franchise player last spring, which meant the team would have to offer him a one-year contract that would make him one of the five highest-paid players in the league. He could negotiate with other teams, but the Chiefs would have the right to match the offer or get two first-round draft picks as compensation.

The Chiefs have not yet confirmed that Bowe has reached an agreement with them.

The team plays its first preseason game of the year against the Arizona Cardinals Friday night at Arrowhead Stadium.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/sports/Source-Dw...#ixzz23BPCMkfo

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-10-2012 03:58 PM

This is in the bowe thread let's wait till someone real reports it.

Mr. Laz 08-10-2012 03:58 PM

i think they worded it wrong ... i imagine he has just signed tender

Dante84 08-10-2012 03:59 PM

**** yes butt titties ass cum

Quesadilla Joe 08-10-2012 04:00 PM

I am interested to see if by "reached an agreement" they mean that Bowe demanded the Asante Samuel language put into the tender and Pioli agreed to it.

LOCOChief 08-10-2012 04:00 PM

+1 Bowe, 0 Pioli
It's all part of homies master plan to infiltrate the system and bop the man!

J Diddy 08-10-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8806412)
I am interested to see if by "reached an agreement" they mean that Bowe demanded the Asante Samuel language put into the tender and Pioli agreed to it.

That would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

Phobia 08-10-2012 04:03 PM

Ah jeesh - who did NOT think this was gonna happen.

Mr. Laz 08-10-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8806417)
Ah jeesh - who did NOT think this was gonna happen.

a bunch actually

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMed :thumb:

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 04:04 PM

"Alright Dwayne, I can't wait anymore. We need you here. What's it gonna take to get this done."

"Don't franchise me next year, ****stick."

"Alright, here it is in writing. We won't franchise you next year."

"Thanks you fat piece of shit. You better hope Cassel can beat some good teams this year, or your ass is screwed next season when I'm outta here."

"**** you, Dwayne. Kiss the rings."

"Suck my cock, whitey."

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-10-2012 04:05 PM

Report: Dwayne Bowe agrees to report to Chiefs
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 10, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Steelers v Kansas City Chiefs Getty Images

Hours before the Chiefs open their preseason schedule at Arrowhead Stadium, reports out of Kansas City say that unsigned franchise player Dwayne Bowe is about to rejoin the team.

KMBC 9 News in Kansas City is reporting that Bowe has reached an agreement with the Chiefs, and that he was flying to Kansas City on Friday afternoon.

Because Bowe and the Chiefs did not reach an agreement before the July 16 deadline for franchise players to sign long-term contracts, he can now only sign a one-year deal with the Chiefs. So he has presumably decided to sign his franchise tender, which guarantees him a 2012 salary of $9.5 million. He’ll then become an unrestricted free agent again in March, or get franchised again with a tender amount of $11.4 million.

The Chiefs’ No. 1 receiver, Bowe caught 81 passes for 1,159 yards and five touchdowns last season.

YayMike 08-10-2012 04:08 PM

Great news regardless of who gave in and who got on their knees and swallowed.

Bowe in camp and on the field is the best thing for this team!

BoneKrusher 08-10-2012 04:12 PM

maybe he signed the one year deal so Pioli can trade him?

J Diddy 08-10-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8806425)
Great news regardless of who gave in and who got on their knees and swallowed.

Bowe in camp and on the field is the best thing for this team!

Um nobody gave in and nobody got on their knees. He wanted a fat contract. The Chiefs didn't want to give it to him. The only option after the deadline was for him to sign the franchise tender, which he did. They can do that next year as well.

J Diddy 08-10-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8806434)
maybe he signed the one year deal so Pioli can trade him?

That actually entered my head as well.