ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Molitoth 04-13-2012 07:56 PM

Sweet!

Ebolapox 04-13-2012 08:05 PM

excellent.

mnchiefsguy 04-14-2012 12:06 AM

Great news for the Tigers!

Sure-Oz 04-14-2012 12:10 AM

Stoked about this news. Huge void filled.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 11:36 AM

Now lets get him on the phone with Pollard.

Hopefully a frontcourt with Oriakhi, Bowers and Brown/Pollard would be good enough to get by Norfolk !@#$ing State next year....

(The bitterness from that loss never really exploded out of me; it's mostly just been a slow trickle)

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8540420)
Now lets get him on the phone with Pollard.

Hopefully a frontcourt with Oriakhi, Bowers and Brown/Pollard would be good enough to get by Norfolk !@#$ing State next year....

(The bitterness from that loss never really exploded out of me; it's mostly just been a slow trickle)

Pollard would be phenomenal, but I don't think it's going to happen. We've got legit talent 12 deep as it is. We're going to wind up losing players to transfer if we add Pollard, IMO. It's worth it, as he's an incredible talent, but it's far from critical. Next year's team will be more talented than this year's.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8540423)
Pollard would be phenomenal, but I don't think it's going to happen. We've got legit talent 12 deep as it is. We're going to wind up losing players to transfer if we add Pollard, IMO. It's worth it, as he's an incredible talent, but it's far from critical. Next year's team will be more talented than this year's.

Pollard's going to Georgetown, IMO.

That said, I'll deal with the 'transfer' problem if it means getting one of the top 10 players in the country to come to Columbia.

He's the evolutionary Kim English; kid can be phenomenal.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8540442)
Pollard's going to Georgetown, IMO.

That said, I'll deal with the 'transfer' problem if it means getting one of the top 10 players in the country to come to Columbia.

He's the evolutionary Kim English; kid can be phenomenal.

He plans to be a 1 and done, though.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 12:00 PM

Lots of kids have that plan. If he proves to be good enough to manage it, so be it.

We're going to a whole different world with Kentucky as the new plow-horse. The talent that school brings in year in/year out is insane.

Unless we're content with being an annual speedbump in Lexington, we're going to have to get a guy or two like Pollard most years.

DJ's left nut 04-14-2012 12:01 PM

Lots of kids have that plan. If he proves to be good enough to manage it, so be it.

We're going to a whole different world with Kentucky as the new plow-horse. The talent that school brings in year in/year out is insane.

Unless we're content with being an annual speedbump in Lexington, we're going to have to get a guy or two like Pollard most years.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8540461)

I understand, but I'm not sure that we can't beat them next year. Some of these players aren't going to pan out for Kentucky at some point, and they're going to have down years. What Haith and co. have been building seems more sustainable to me. We're not going to be able to consistently bring in players like Cal has been. Nobody but Cal can do that (with Roy being the closest).

More than anything, we need to lock up the in-state talent. We can't keep losing the McLemores, Beales, Porters, etc. If we can start landing the majority of our homegrown stars, and I think that day is coming sooner rather than later, we will be able to compete with any program in the country.

O.city 04-14-2012 12:18 PM

Kentucky won't be near as good next year as this year, obviously. I think MU has a good chance to win the SEC next year.

It will be the year after when you guys can really determine what Haith can do recruiting wise.

Seems to be off to a good start.

O.city 04-14-2012 12:18 PM

Kentucky won't be near as good next year as this year, obviously. I think MU has a good chance to win the SEC next year.

It will be the year after when you guys can really determine what Haith can do recruiting wise.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8540491)

Haith needs to prove he can land players out of high school. He's made his early bones at Mizzou off of transfers.

Saul Good 04-14-2012 12:22 PM

And with that, I'm going to start a new Mizzou basketball thread. This one is overloaded.