ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

O.city 06-09-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9739896)
He only missed his spot by about four inches there, and through two innings he'd thrown nine balls to 24 strikes.

He's located his fastball pretty well, and they've hit some good pitches, but he hasn't located his breaking pitch at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:06 PM

LOL.

That was a slick tag by Freese. No selling that is why Votto didn't slide.

O.city 06-09-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9739900)
LOL.

That was a slick tag by Freese. No selling that is why Votto didn't slide.

Yeah, pretty smart play.

Also, different thread, but how are the swing changes going? I replied to your take in the Bushwood thread, didn't know if you saw it or not.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9739899)
He's located his fastball pretty well, and they've hit some good pitches, but he hasn't located his breaking pitch at all.

He's using it a lot this year. From 70.4% to 77.6%. He's cut down on his curveball significantly, thrown about twice as many sliders, and completely abandoned his change.

O.city 06-09-2013 07:09 PM

I noticed he hasn't thrown his changeup much at all, just accounted that to the fact that he's throwing alot more 2 seamers.

Pepe Silvia 06-09-2013 07:10 PM

Beltran!!!!!

O.city 06-09-2013 07:11 PM

Finally got one outta that shithole.

O.city 06-09-2013 07:11 PM

Damn near got 2 outta there.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9739905)
Yeah, pretty smart play.

Also, different thread, but how are the swing changes going? I replied to your take in the Bushwood thread, didn't know if you saw it or not.

Like you'd expect: it comes and goes. It's hard for me to judge how well it's going at times, because I normally get into a pretty good groove on the range, then tire out, and when I tire out I can't hold my spine angle, I tend to sway rather than turn, and my swing goes to shit. Also, I'm having difficulty syncing my arm swing to my shoulder turn at points, which throws off my timing. I just need more work.

When it works well I hit the ball significantly straighter with about a 12 yard draw.

For example: I hit balls three straight days and my hammies are really sore today from holding my spine angle. I need to get back into the gym and work on my posterior chain.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:13 PM

If Holliday's shot was two feet higher I win a fantasy category :cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:13 PM

Nice to see Smoke and Mirrors Arroyo getting his shit handed to him.

Pepe Silvia 06-09-2013 07:14 PM

Yadi you ****ing rule.

O.city 06-09-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9739916)
Like you'd expect: it comes and goes. It's hard for me to judge how well it's going at times, because I normally get into a pretty good groove on the range, then tire out, and when I tire out I can't hold my spine angle, I tend to sway rather than turn, and my swing goes to shit. Also, I'm having difficulty syncing my arm swing to my shoulder turn at points, which throws off my timing. I just need more work.

When it works well I hit the ball significantly straighter with about a 12 yard draw.

For example: I hit balls three straight days and my hammies are really sore today from holding my spine angle. I need to get back into the gym and work on my posterior chain.

Yeah, a steeper turn like you described will cause that to happen. You'll notice that keeping your spine angle is tougher. You also have to watch in that if you are like me, you might tend to get too steep into it with that if you don't correctly transition. I struggled with it earlier this year.

I'm actually hitting the ball really really well right now, but I was struggling a bit earlier in the year in that I was getting a touch long and reverse pivoting, which would cause me to get "stuck" and couldn't get my forearm back down on plane so I was hitting alot of pushes.

I'm working on some stuff right now though, that I'm pretty pumped about and it's allowing me to work it both ways, which is exciting as thats when I know i'm playing my best. Now though, I'm really trying to work on trajectory, which is a bit frustrating.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9739927)
Yeah, a steeper turn like you described will cause that to happen. You'll notice that keeping your spine angle is tougher. You also have to watch in that if you are like me, you might tend to get too steep into it with that if you don't correctly transition. I struggled with it earlier this year.

I'm actually hitting the ball really really well right now, but I was struggling a bit earlier in the year in that I was getting a touch long and reverse pivoting, which would cause me to get "stuck" and couldn't get my forearm back down on plane so I was hitting alot of pushes.

I'm working on some stuff right now though, that I'm pretty pumped about and it's allowing me to work it both ways, which is exciting as thats when I know i'm playing my best. Now though, I'm really trying to work on trajectory, which is a bit frustrating.

With my old swing, when I'd swing my best I'd hit about a six yard cut with the driver, but I was too prone to coming across the ball and turning the club over, hitting some monster pull hooks.

It's a change I needed to make, as I was a slave to timing and footwork. Now, if I get through the ball correctly I'm hitting it about a groove higher on the clubface than in the past, pointing to the increased compression you alluded to.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2013 07:25 PM

Lynn is elevating that fastball without being punished.