ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

BigRedChief 07-17-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 9817205)
Well, I don't completely disagree, but I've seen conflicting reports as to whether Oscar can play cf. if he can, then I like your scenario better.

If he can play CF, even at an average level, he needs to play CF to get him and Adams in the lineup.

O.city 07-18-2013 08:45 PM

Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB 2m
ICYMI, #STLCards notebook today: Holliday takes BP; Salas returns; Mo talks Trade Deadline; Carp's rehab start set: http://atmlb.com/1btPUyD

Pretty good read here.

IMO, Martinez needs a chance to start in STL or he needs to be in Memphis starting every 5 days.

O.city 07-19-2013 08:48 PM

Offensive explosion tonight.

And look out now, but Pete Kozma has back to back multi hit games. He may get his number retired.

O.city 07-19-2013 08:56 PM

Martinez in to pitch the 9th.

And he shits the bed, gets 1 out, gives up 4 runs.

O.city 07-19-2013 09:08 PM

And after taking a 7 run lead into the 9th, we have to burn our closer.

Pepe Silvia 07-19-2013 09:10 PM

Martinez definately sucked the cock tonight but I will take the win. i figured we had it so I ran an errand then came back and saw it was a save situation and was like wtf? ROFL

O.city 07-19-2013 09:11 PM

I dont' know why he won't use Siegrist more.

O.city 07-19-2013 09:20 PM

22 games over .500!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-19-2013 09:21 PM

I understand running Chicken Salas out there for the 8th. It was a huge lead and the worthless mother****er might as well get a chance to fail in that situation.

I don't understand not handing the 9th to Siegrist. Why burn your long guy there? There is no way this team can survive Mike Matheny if this keeps up.

Now that Salas has proven he's still a worthless sack of shit you might as well call Blazek back up.

O.city 07-19-2013 09:24 PM

I dont' get the Martinez move, but even in that event, Martinez himself has to be better there.

But who's your long guy now? Kelly I guess.

O.city 07-19-2013 09:27 PM

Salas just doesn't have a place in the pen anymore. Hell, Butler is a better option right now.

I don't like Martinez up here in the pen, maybe I'm in the minority on that, but if he's here, he needs to start or he needs to be in Memphis starting.

BigRedChief 07-19-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9822558)
I understand running Chicken Salas out there for the 8th. It was a huge lead and the worthless mother****er might as well get a chance to fail in that situation.

Yeah, that was a perfect time and place to see if he had learned anything, changed. I hope Matheny sees the answer we all see, no....he's done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9822558)
I don't understand not handing the 9th to Siegrist. Why burn your long guy there? There is no way this team can survive Mike Matheny if this keeps up.

I don't get this either. You still had a 3 run lead, its the Padres and we still get a chance to bat. But its the ****ing book. Save situation and the 9th, only the closer can pitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-19-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9822578)
Yeah, that was a perfect time and place to see if he had learned anything, changed. I hope Matheny sees the answer we all see, no....he's done.
I don't get this either. You still had a 3 run lead, its the Padres and we still get a chance to bat. But its the ****ing book. Save situation and the 9th, only the closer can pitch.

Matheny praised him in the PC, so I doubt he's going anywhere.

As far as the 9th was concerned, I just felt that he should have handed it to Siegrist at the very beginning. By the time Martinez shit the bed I thought Mujica was a defensible option.

O.city 07-19-2013 09:44 PM

I dont' really understand why we have Martinez AND Kelly right now. It seems they comprise the same roll.

BigRedChief 07-19-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9822620)
I dont' really understand why we have Martinez AND Kelly right now. It seems they comprise the same roll.

Martinez should be sent to AAA. He's a starter. You sent him down to be a starter. He excelled. I'm assuming Carp gets the 5th spot until his body cant take it. Let Martinez spell Miller a few starts or Lynn.