ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Frazod 06-06-2013 08:40 PM

Any word on when we can expect Westbrook back?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9734711)
So, who are we going to have to target before the deadline as another pen arm?

You know who would be great value and has been a damned good reliever the last three years (and is locked up from 2013-15 + and option year)?

Glen Perkins.

He's a lefty, but he's absolutely killing it as the Twins' closer, and he consistently hits 95-6 with a wipeout slider.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9734724)
Any word on when we can expect Westbrook back?

Threw 60 pitches in a AA rehab start last night. He said that he may be ready to go after just one more.

I'd send Wacha back down until roster expansion and let Lyons stay in as the lefty starter.

BigRedChief 06-06-2013 08:46 PM

Why the **** was Mujica warming up? We have a 7 run lead. Wait till it gets at least a 4 run lead before warming him up. Cincy tomorrow.... come on man

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9734751)
Why the **** was Mujica warming up? We have a 7 run lead. Wait till it gets at least a 4 run lead before warming him up. Cincy tomorrow.... come on man

In the 9th it's not about the size of the lead but where the tying run exists. When we brought Mujica in the the tying run was on deck. It was the right move. What sucks is that the move had to be made, and for that you can blame Butler and Man Ass.

BigRedChief 06-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734740)
I'd send Wacha back down until roster expansion

that aint happening. Mo said he was here to stay if they called him up. Sending him to the minors would be considered a demotion. No need to demote the guy. Lets see if he can locate better.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 08:56 PM

Here's the scouting report on Gonzales:

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/cardinal...o-gonzales-lhp

Prototypical soft-tossing lefty, but he has a brilliant changeup and good command of the fastball. Also throws a cutter into RHB. Probably projects as a #4 starter. Not a sexy pick, but a solid one.

Kaminsky was the Kyle Lohse pick. HS lefty who is small, and, like Gonzales, projects as a back of the rotation type starter. However, he supposedly has an absolutely wicked curveball.
Kaminsky lit the showcase scene on fire this summer, racking up strikeouts with an advanced repertoire from the left side. His fastball sits in the low 90s and can reach 94, but the exciting part is his curveball, which has legitimate plus-plus potential. He throws the hammer in the upper 70s and low 80s and generates excellent bite with 11-to-5 action. The pitch was unhittable this summer, and Kaminsky also has some feel for a change-up.

BigRedChief 06-06-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734765)
In the 9th it's not about the size of the lead but where the tying run exists. When we brought Mujica in the the tying run was on deck. It was the right move. What sucks is that the move had to be made, and for that you can blame Butler and Man Ass.

He had Mujica warming up with a 7 run lead and 1 out and 2 on. Either he knew Butler wouldn't get it done or suspected. And if that is the case with a 7 run lead, then WTF is he still on the team? Get another arm up here.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9734779)
that aint happening. Mo said he was here to stay if they called him up. Sending him to the minors would be considered a demotion. No need to demote the guy. Lets see if he can locate better.

It's not about what will happen, but what should happen. Wacha is a two pitch pitcher right now, and we can't afford to have him learning to throw a CB at the ML level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9734800)
He had Mujica warming up with a 7 run lead and 1 out and 2 on. Either he knew Butler wouldn't get it done or suspected. And if that is the case with a 7 run lead, then WTF is he still on the team? Get another arm up here.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I can't blame Matheny for being proactive when the bullpen gave up six runs in 2.1 IP outside of Mujica.

BigRedChief 06-06-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734804)
It's not about what will happen, but what should happen. Wacha is a two pitch pitcher right now, and we can't afford to have him learning to throw a CB at the ML level.

It's not going to happen even if it should. Lyons goes to the pen. Wacha will be allowed to sink or swim.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734804)
It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I can't blame Matheny for being proactive when the bullpen gave up six runs in 2.1 IP outside of Mujica.

Then Butler has no place on this team at this moment.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9734837)
It's not going to happen even if it should. Lyons goes to the pen. Wacha will be allowed to sink or swim.
Then Butler has no place on this team at this moment.

Post 1437, brah. :)

O.city 06-06-2013 09:15 PM

Does Siegrist project as a starter? or is he a pen guy all the way?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-06-2013 09:22 PM

If heard both about him. I don't know.

O.city 06-06-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734934)

Yeah, same here. Wasn't sure if anyone had heard any different.

BigRedChief 06-06-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9734934)

We need pen guys right now. We have plenty of starter candidates. We need to get rosenthal out of the pen.