ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

BigCatDaddy 02-10-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392873)
Um yea, and it was hard as shit! Max like 10 minutes. Of course I rarely do cardio so maybe that was it?

WSU has one for sale and I thought about adding it to my gym, but I wasn't sure how much use it might get. I don't see many around.

lewdog 02-10-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9392896)
WSU has one for sale and I thought about adding it to my gym, but I wasn't sure how much use it might get. I don't see many around.

I think it is just a great piece to have in your gym for people to ask questions about and a conversation piece. It sure stands out.

Only dude that religiously used it in the gym I worked in was about 55 years old and I think he just did that thing for 30 minutes a day and worked up a gnarly sweat every time.

BigCatDaddy 02-10-2013 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392917)
I think it is just a great piece to have in your gym for people to ask questions about and a conversation piece. It sure stands out.

Only dude that religiously used it in the gym I worked in was about 55 years old and I think he just did that thing for 30 minutes a day and worked up a gnarly sweat every time.

Sounds similar to my Hammer Strength H-Squat. I think people spend more time trying to figure out what the hell it is then using it. Although I really love it.

Omaha 02-11-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9392892)
I am gonna take a shot in the dark. You were a leg press/leg extension king and neglected squats/deads?

Not a bad guess. Leg press and squats were my thing, but my squat form got worse and worse after I graduated college. Then I stopped lifting for several years. I'm a CPA so that meant a lot of 12 hour days at my desk. That will mess you up!

A little over a year ago, I couldn't squat below parallel without falling backwards. I have improved my squat quite a bit. I'm hoping this new PT routine will get me back to "normal." I've had this back pain for over a year. It has really interfered with my shit!

Omaha 02-11-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392865)
The condition causes hip flexors, quads, and lower back to tighten up and become overactive. Glutes, and hammies become dormant and it gets tricky to activate them so the quads and back take over.

Lunges, bridges, and deep squats strengthen glutes and hammies and get them firing again. The foam roller is used to relax and lengthen the quads, hip flexors and lower back.

If you're really curious about it I can post some links with a lot of information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9392870)
I'd appreciate it.

This first link is my favorite. I've found it to be very helpful. The first post here is great, but there is more good advice throughout the thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130876763

You can also google "lordosis" and find several links similar to this:

http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-...how-to-fix-it/

I thought you were ****ing with me earlier. Are you having similar problems?

el borracho 02-11-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9392957)
Sounds similar to my Hammer Strength H-Squat. I think people spend more time trying to figure out what the hell it is then using it. Although I really love it.

Looks like a lifeguard station, put together by drunks.

BigCatDaddy 02-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9393478)
Looks like a lifeguard station, put together by drunks.

LMAO You can damn near join the mile high club on that thing.

Buehler445 02-11-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9393322)
This first link is my favorite. I've found it to be very helpful. The first post here is great, but there is more good advice throughout the thread.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130876763

You can also google "lordosis" and find several links similar to this:

http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-...how-to-fix-it/

I thought you were ****ing with me earlier. Are you having similar problems?

Thanks.

I'm not really having that specific problem, but I sit at a desk or in the tractor, sprayer or combine a huge number of hours throughout the year. And wanted to watch out for it.

Omaha 02-13-2013 09:49 AM

I was doing much better until I tried playing racquetball last night. My back pain has returned. Back to stretching/rolling/exercising. FML!!!!!!

Saul Good 02-13-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9399269)
I was doing much better until I tried playing racquetball last night. My back pain has returned. Back to stretching/rolling/exercising. FML!!!!!!

Strengthen your ass. It supports your entire back.

Saul Good 02-13-2013 09:57 AM

Also, don't stretch out too much before workouts. Light stretching is all you want to do. Save deeper stretching for after the workout.

Omaha 02-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9399298)
Strengthen your ass. It supports your entire back.

Yeah, this is part of the plan. I'm trying to work glutes, hams, and abs. I just have a tough time activating my glutes. Other shit keeps trying to take over.

lewdog 02-13-2013 07:23 PM

BigCatDaddy.

Got my slingshot! Couple questions. Is it supposed to go virtually almost all the way over my elbows and instead be tight on my mid/lower arm? It also seems a stretch, just messing around here, to extend my hands out to my normal bench position unless I forcefully extend my elbows outward and really stretch it.

All of this might make more sense when I actually go to bench but just wondering while looking at it now.

Saul Good 02-13-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9399393)
Yeah, this is part of the plan. I'm trying to work glutes, hams, and abs. I just have a tough time activating my glutes. Other shit keeps trying to take over.

Fire those glutes!

Do you have a trainer?

BigCatDaddy 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9400999)
BigCatDaddy.

Got my slingshot! Couple questions. Is it supposed to go virtually almost all the way over my elbows and instead be tight on my mid/lower arm? It also seems a stretch, just messing around here, to extend my hands out to my normal bench position unless I forcefully extend my elbows outward and really stretch it.

All of this might make more sense when I actually go to bench but just wondering while looking at it now.

Your elbows go in the holes. They run a funny size. I'm about 6 2 240 and I'm pretty sure it's a xxl and fairly tight. I think there is a guide to tale you you're size. Yes, it's fairly diferent at first. You are stretching it out and that's how you get the assistance. It will probably take 2 to 3 workouts to really feell comfortable with it.