ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Some reasons not to bet on the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278121)

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-30-2013 04:54 PM

It's funny how the last 2 decades have driven us all to expect doom.

There's no real reason this team this year with this talent with this coaching staff should lose to the Buffalo Bills.

This will probably be Charles game of the year. He hasn't broke loose yet and is waaaay overdue.

Imon Yourside 10-30-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10141942)
What? The Raiders took the lead with about eight minutes left in the second then the Chiefs scored with about a minute left to tie it. The Raiders led for all of seven minutes in this game.

Reread then repost. :D

Rain Man 10-30-2013 04:54 PM

No offense against this thread, but I hate writeups that act like they're about football when they're really about gambling. It would be impossible for me to care less about the Chiefs covering the spread. I only care about whether they win.

mr. tegu 10-30-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10141947)
Reread then repost. :D

Oh my bad, LOL. Doh!

Rain Man 10-30-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10141913)
Stats that go back 30 years with only a sample size of 30 are pretty useless.

Also, the Raiders led for a good chunk of the game against us? Really? Define good chunk.

And why do people think having a mobile QB is a good thing against KC? The mobile guys tend to try to scramble quicker but they just run into someone else because we get so much pressure. Good pocket awareness is more important than just plain mobility.

I think we'll beat the Bills, but a key will be how well Eric Fisher blocks Bruce Smith, and how well Houston and Hali stop the swing pass to Thurman Thomas.

Dartgod 10-30-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10141913)
Also, the Raiders led for a good chunk of the game against us? Really? Define good chunk.

Oakland led 7-0 at 8:47 in the 2nd quarter. We tied it at 1:12 in the 2nd and never trailed again.

So Good Chunk = 7 minutes and 35 seconds.

KC native 10-30-2013 05:10 PM

I learned a long time ago to never bet for or against the Chiefs.

Betting on teams you are a fan of is generally a bad idea in my opinion.

RealSNR 10-30-2013 06:01 PM

Andy Reid has done nothing but rape history in the neck this season.

Chiefs suck when they play games in Florida?

Alex Smith has never beaten Tony Romo?

Teams on a short week struggle on the road on Thursday night?

Giants giving it their all?

Fitzpatrick has raped the Chiefs in the past?

Chiefs haven't won at home vs Oakland since 2007?

Chiefs haven't won at home ever against Houston?

Chiefs have a bad record against Jason Campbell?

Prison Bitch 10-30-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10141936)
I'm so sick of hearing about our SoS. It's like the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL that gets the SoS asterisk.

It's not going away and it shouldn't. Our SoS is bad. I'll take the wins but.....

Red Dawg 10-30-2013 06:09 PM

Keenan and Campbell walked into Arrowhead with talented teams and above average defenses. Teams play harder trying to knock us off more than ever. For losing teams it gives them some type of moral victory. Neither of them won, so go **** yourself with your bullshit theory.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10142184)
Keenan and Campbell walked into Arrowhead with talented teams and above average defenses. Teams play harder trying to knock us off more than ever. For losing teams it gives them some type of moral victory. Neither of them won, so go **** yourself with your bullshit theory.

This is a decent point; the target is squarely painted on KC's back.

Contrarian 10-30-2013 06:12 PM

if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh if the Browns won, oh if the Texans won, oh if the Raiders won we wouldn't be 8-0.
Damn if's!!! This topic is stupid!!

KcMizzou 10-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10141965)
I think we'll beat the Bills, but a key will be how well Eric Fisher blocks Bruce Smith, and how well Houston and Hali stop the swing pass to Thurman Thomas.

Hopefully Kimble Anders holds on to the damned ball this time.

stonedstooge 10-30-2013 06:26 PM

I look for the defense to come out and dominate in the game. Chiefs win easy

Lex Luthor 10-30-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10141769)
Anyone who bets NFL already knows not to bet KC. Ever. In the history of betting.

Not sure if serious. For many years the Chiefs were the team to bet on whenever they were a home underdog.