ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock 2/7 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313806)

kccrow 02-10-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13408310)
Couldn’t agree more with this.

Give me Taven Bryan in round 2. Him and Jones together would be ****ing awesome.

If we don’t re-sign Logan, Tim Settle would be a great pick as well.

If we’re going to take an ILB there it better be Leighton Vander Esch.

I highly doubt any of those 3 players are going to be remotely close to available at 54, especially Vander Esch and Bryan. If Vander Esch is there, I'd run to the podium pretty fast. I love all 3 players, and really, wish I could find a way to think any of them will be there but I don't. I think there is a possibility to move up for one, maybe Settle.

staylor26 02-10-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13411334)
I highly doubt any of those 3 players are going to be remotely close to available at 54, especially Vander Esch and Bryan. If Vander Esch is there, I'd run to the podium pretty fast. I love all 3 players, and really, wish I could find a way to think any of them will be there but I don't. I think there is a possibility to move up for one, maybe Settle.

Believe me, I don’t think they should be either, but there’s from what I’ve seen in mocks, on the clock, etc. it seems like a real possibility that one of the following falls to us IMO:

Vander Esch
Bryan
Settle
Reid
Phillips
Jefferson
McFadden

I’m seeing anything from 1st-3rd for most of these guys. There doesn’t seem to be any real consensus on them, and I have a good feeling somebody that should’nt be there will.

bowener 02-12-2018 09:14 AM

Would Reid and Sutton ever consider building the defense to play with a lead? I'm thinking of how Dungy did it when he had Manning: bad run defense and phenomenal pass rush.

On paper, the Chiefs could have a special secondary if they add another safety. Let Justin Houston go for the sack on every play, and throw some smaller faster LBs out there. Jones already gets an incredible amount of pressure on the QB for a DL. If they are told to go for broke 9 out of 10 times they could force a lot of turnovers in the passing game. This would all hinge on the offense being able to score at will, but it really does look like they have the potential to do so if PM2 is legit.

Chris Meck 02-17-2018 09:18 PM

this is a rare draft in which I agree with the usual Chiefs homer faithful and declare-
GIVE ME FATTIES!

Seriously. I want DL, I want OL, I want FATTIES. We need DL starters and depth. We need a LG and depth across the line. With Fuller, and hopefully a returning Berry, it's our two areas of greatest need.

Mother****erJones 02-18-2018 01:16 AM

Tim Settle baby!

Chief Northman 02-18-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13423083)
Tim Settle baby!

I almost hope Settle performs average to below average at the Combine/campus workouts. His stock is skyrocketing. Hard to see him available unless you get him bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd round.

He’s damn impressive. Super young too...

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13423253)
I almost hope Settle performs average to below average at the Combine/campus workouts. His stock is skyrocketing. Hard to see him available unless you get him bottom of the 1st/top of the 2nd round.

He’s damn impressive. Super young too...

He’s going to have a great combine I’m sure and be the next Poe. Shoots up boards, doesn’t make it out of night one.

I want him so bad, though. Our defense was never better than when we had Poe in his prime. I think Settle has that potential.

With he, Jones, Houston, Ford, etc... you may have a legit front 4 that can apply pressure consistently. With our revamped secondary, all of the sudden the defense could be a whole lot better.

staylor26 02-18-2018 10:32 AM

I think there’s a better chance that Taven Bryan makes it to us than Settle.

RunKC 02-18-2018 11:29 AM

Knowing that this is Andy’s football team and he runs shit, we will most likely draft a DL with our 2nd rd pick. I’m okay with that, but it better be someone that can play in 2018. No more developmental bullshit in the first 2 rounds.

staylor26 02-18-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13423413)
Knowing that this is Andy’s football team and he runs shit, we will most likely draft a DL with our 2nd rd pick. I’m okay with that, but it better be someone that can play in 2018. No more developmental bullshit in the first 2 rounds.

It’s going to be DL or S.

I’m starting to like the chances of Justin Reid making it to 54 a little more.

RunKC 02-18-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13423434)
It’s going to be DL or S.

I’m starting to like the chances of Justin Reid making it to 54 a little more.

The good news is that this RB class is as strong as last years. There could be at 3-4 taken before us which pushes defensive talent down the board.

Nathan Shepherd is a guy I think they’ll look at. 6’5 300 lbs with room to get bigger. Good prospect but he probably won’t do shit year 1 and we can’t afford that.

staylor26 02-18-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13423459)
The good news is that this RB class is as strong as last years. There could be at 3-4 taken before us which pushes defensive talent down the board.

Nathan Shepherd is a guy I think they’ll look at. 6’5 300 lbs with room to get bigger. Good prospect but he probably won’t do shit year 1 and we can’t afford that.

I really like Shepherd.

I think him along with R.J. McIntosh and Andrew Brown should be our round 3 targets on the DL. Maybe Kendrick Norton too with our last day 2 pick.

BryanBusby 02-18-2018 01:42 PM

I'm a Kendrick Norton fan.

staylor26 02-18-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13423699)
I'm a Kendrick Norton fan.

He’s going to be a good value in that late 3rd-early 4th area.

O.city 02-18-2018 02:23 PM

Seems like this is actually the year to look at developmental type guys: they’re not likely to content next year so play for 19 and 20