ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Divorce.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316218)

ThaVirus 07-20-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13636235)
On the bright side, she doesn’t pull this as much anymore. We have 7,6 and 1.5 year old daughters...

Mmm. Yeah. I can't defend her actions under these circumstances. With that many kids and that young her ass needs to be home more often than not.

Sounds like you guys were high school sweethearts who married young. Generally those situations are tough as you age. One or both parties feels the need to go wild and make up for lost time. I was prepared to cut her some slack, but she had from 18-28 with no kids. By that point, it should be pretty much out of her system.

BWillie 07-20-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13635449)
From what was said, this doesn't sound like "a night."

Take responsibility for your kids. Parenthood is not a fun little game to play only when convenient.

I don't know why parents do this to themselves. They convince themselves their life is ONLY their kids. For most people, they are going to need some break time. That doesn't make you a bad parent if you have semi-frequent nights out or still focus some time on your hobbies and other life passions. If you don't take some date nights and nights on your own, at least once every two weeks you are going to get burnt out. I've seen it with my girlfriends family, her siblings have tons of kids, they all seem SOOO angry all the time and they never have a night to themselves. I honestly don't know how they do it.

lewdog 07-20-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13636982)
I don't know why parents do this to themselves. They convince themselves their life is ONLY their kids. For most people, they are going to need some break time. That doesn't make you a bad parent if you have semi-frequent nights out or still focus some time on your hobbies and other life passions. If you don't take some date nights and nights on your own, at least once every two weeks you are going to get burnt out. I've seen it with my girlfriends family, her siblings have tons of kids, they all seem SOOO angry all the time and they never have a night to themselves. I honestly don't know how they do it.

Rich coming from a guy who will never marry and doesn’t have kids.

-King- 07-20-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

No one has said you shouldn't have fun or take some nights out. But making it a regular thing is very irresponsible.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 07-20-2018 10:29 PM

I appreciate Rico’s honesty.

TimBone 07-20-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY HAS ZERO KIDS.

stevieray 07-21-2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

It's called putting others before yourself...you should try it sometime.

lewdog 07-21-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13637621)
It's called putting others before yourself...you should try it sometime.

Empty your PMs bro. I tried to send you something.