ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kansas Football is going to go 10-2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165761)

BWillie 07-11-2007 06:02 PM

Kansas Football is going to go 10-2

Yeah, you heard me right. Look at this schedule, it is ridiculously easy. How glorious, KU should be able to sleep walk to 8-4. If they get lucky and play well 10 and 2 is not out of the realm of possibilities. Last year, KU was better than their record. They went 6-6 and lost just about every game by about 2-3 points.

Central Michigan
-WIN 27-17
SE Lousiana
-WIN 49-10
Toledo
-WIN 34-24
Florida International
-WIN 34-17
at Kansas State
-WIN 17-14
Baylor
-WIN 24-13
at Colorado
-WIN 17-14
at Texas A&M
-10-93 LOSS
Nebraska
-0-63 LOSS
at Oklahoma State
-WIN 31-28
Iowa State
-WIN 21-10
Missouri
-WIN 24-21 OT

KU could potentially be 7-0 going into the Texas A&M game before they get whacked, haha. Glorious.

Sam Hall 07-11-2007 06:09 PM

I've heard it said several times that KU has the easiest schedule in the country.

DaKCMan AP 07-11-2007 06:10 PM

Taking pride in playing a pussified schedule?

Coach 07-11-2007 06:10 PM

*snickering*

This is funny. Whatever it was you were smoking, pass it over here, will ya?

Along with replacing Big XII rushing leader Jon Cornish, KU will have to shore up a pass defense that ranked dead last in the country in 2006. Don't be surprised if a medicore defensive line struggles once again to put pressure on opposing signal-callers.

KU is 2-18 in Big XII road games under Mangino, and never fared better than 3-5 in conference play. Some of KU's manageable conference games: Texas A&M, OSU, and Colorado are on the road.

Central Michigan - W
SE Louisiana - W
Toledo - W
Florida International - W
@ Kansas State - L
Baylor - W
@ Colorado - L
@ Texas A&M - L
Nebraska - L
@ Oklahoma State - L
Iowa State - W
Missouri - L

At best, I got KU going 6-6 again.

gblowfish 07-11-2007 06:13 PM

Central Michigan will kick KU's ass. They're a good program.
They're counting the days, hours and minutes until they get to play KU:
http://tinyurl.com/27l2z8

From the Chippewa's website:
Central Michigan University has placed a league-high seven players on the MAC Report Online’s 2007 Preseason All-Mid-American Conference team.

Quarterback Dan LeFevour, receiver Bryan Anderson, offensive lineman Andrew Hartline and defensive lineman Casey Droscha were all first team selections. Offensive lineman Eric Tunney, linebacker Red Keith and punter Tony Mikulec were named to the second team.

LeFevour was also tabbed as the preseason offensive player of the year.

The 2006 MAC Freshman of the Year and MVP of the Motor City Bowl, LeFevour set CMU single-season records for passing yards (3,031), touchdown passes (26) and total offense (3,552) last year. He was a first team All-MAC selection and honorable mention Freshman All-America honoree by Sporting News.

After you lose to them, Toledo also has a good shot to beat KU, just like last year. Remeber, you lost to them last year?

Also you lose to Kansas State, Nebraska, Texas, Texas A&M, Colorado and Mizzou at Arrowhead.

KU loses anywhere from five to seven games.

You are insane.

BWillie 07-11-2007 06:21 PM

Why does everybody think KU is so bad? I don't get it, last year they lost TWO GAMES in OT on the ROAD, a game by ONE, blew a big lead to OSU in the 4th quarter, by 3 to A&M. The only game they got schellacked was to Missouri. If the ball bounces right for KU last year, they go 10-2. You are going to say, but no they didn't. Well, sports you need alot of luck as well, and KU just didn't have that last year. Central Michigan is a decent team, but they lost by 20 to Northern Illinois last year. It will be a good game, to say they will "KICK KU'S ASS". Come on now

PinkFloyd 07-11-2007 06:22 PM

Mizzou SHOULD win the North this year... If not --- then their days and years are toast... This will be their last chance for awhile...

SPchief 07-11-2007 06:29 PM

LMAO

BWillie 07-11-2007 06:33 PM

All you naysayers, I will bump this thread when KU goes 9-3 next year for all to see. Mu hahaha

kstater 07-11-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ku fan
When does basketball start?

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan 07-11-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
All you naysayers, I will bump this thread when KU goes 9-3 next year for all to see. Mu hahaha

9-3? I thought you said 10-2.
Have another hit dude.

gblowfish 07-11-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

I thought they were going 10-2?

Did they lose to Central Michigan already???

Coach 07-11-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Again, KU is good enough to beat anybody, I'll give them that. However, they are also inconsistent enough to lose anybody as well. KU is playing teams closer, but they're still losing.

I don't think it will change much this year, as KU has too many holes to fill.

Coach 07-11-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Mizzou SHOULD win the North this year... If not --- then their days and years are toast... This will be their last chance for awhile...

They should. This is my pre-season Big XII North rankings

1. Missouri
2. Nebraska
3. Kansas State
4. Kansas
5. Colorado
6. Iowa State

KC Jones 07-11-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater
when does girls volleyball start?